17 85.00%
First 2345 Last

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LSI Se

8 is the only enneagram type I don't think I've ever dated or been attracted to. Every other type I've had at least a 'brush' with. Friends who are 8s- yes. But nothing romantic.

That might be coincidence though. Or it might not.

I like mystical, magical men. I also want them to be strong and pragmatic and capable of taking care of themselves (ie, not into floating hippies) .. but if there's nothing mystical and magical about him, I'm not turned on.
    Art is the blood of the Exile
    4w3 6w7 8w9 ~ Sx/Sp ~ ISTP ~ LSI-Se

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

ughh not at all.

i love masculine and i like primal but that's not my personal definition of it.

i can't stand people who purposely intimidate others...or have a strong arm approach. it reads highly insecure to me...but more than that is just entirely missing the point as i see it. i don't think anyone like that would value me much as an actual person either....and i'm no yes man. they wouldn't be able to boss me around and they'd hate that...plus i rarely cook....and i don't iron.

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    It probably is. It's in our genetic code too probably.

Just as much as men are immediately attracted to hot women; women are attracted to powerful/influential/rich men. Of course looks help too.
    I don't think so. For 99% of human history, we were hunter-gatherers. Power was quite different in this context. It had to do as much with social intelligence as with athletic prowess and analytical/creative intelligence. These were needed for collaborative hunting, negotiating relationships to share food and protect members of the clan, and for adaptation.

As population grew, subsistence grew in complexity, followed by social complexity. Agriculture and private property gradually replaced genetic fitness with resource ownership. As power became more abstract, there became decreasing emphasis on genetic fitness. Women are attracted on a more primal level to these genetic components, but have been socially conditioned to associate attraction with the more abstract kind of power as societies depend on them more for survival. (This I think is a bad thing, and will end when our present non-sustainable living practices end.)

As for myself: no. Any kind of power associated with civilization, industrialization, capitalism, and other hierarchical power structures turns me off and scares me. I favor the more prehistoric kind of power, the kind that comes from the spirit, character, and body.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I like big men and I don't mind if they are fat if they are also fairly masculine and strong. I don't mind rumpled and less-than-perfectly groomed. But I can't deal with someone who isn't as smart as me, who has poor ethics, an overdeveloped sense of entitlement, or who takes themselves too seriously. I would have to really believe in something someone was doing to become their hanger on and it's unlikely I'd believe strongly in the doings of someone rich or politically ambitious. I do not do well with being bossed around and I will not continue in a relationship with a lot of conflict. It's too unpleasant and exhausting. I would imagine you'd have to accept one or the other to be with somebody like that.

I'm more into Robert Goren (Vincent D'Onofrio) on Law and Order: Criminal Intent than the guys in the OP.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so

Quote Originally Posted by nicolita View Post
    Anyone to whom money and status is very important is very unattractive to me.

Confidence is good and not caring what others think is even better, but stocky and primal? No thanks.
    You are the first person who has said that in my presence who I truly believe, haha!

I have a strong drive for achievement and am attracted to people who are like that too - both in friendships and romantic relationships. But it's not really about money or status, it's purely about achievement. So, for example, I would not be attracted to someone with an amazing house or a powerful position, but I would be really attracted to someone who excelled in their field and accomplished wonderful things for society. I wouldn't be attracted to them if they were doing it for ego-stroking purposes, but I would be attracted to them if they were being fueled by a desire for self-improvement and improvement of society. So, I don't know exactly how to answer your question -- I don't think I'm attracted to people who aspire to power, but I'm attracted to people who are driven - and those people often end up in positions of power.
    RobertCalifornia: TL thinks im black
    RobertCalifornia: shes my homegurl
    Hive: arent you
    SpankyMcfly: wait... you arent?

thoughtlost: I am not really religious. I just like getting free stuff from churches.

The pictures in the OP are all incredibly unattractive to me.
    That's really all I looked at.
    I like fortitude and courage in men though. Actually, scratch that, I like fortitude and courage in everyone. Power I can take or leave.
    No insensitive louts either.

Looks are important to me too. I just can't stand the thought of touching and being touched by someone I'm not physically attracted to.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so

Quote Originally Posted by senza tema View Post
    I like fortitude and courage in men though. Actually, scratch that, I like fortitude and courage in everyone. Power I can take or leave.

Looks are important to me too. I just can't stand the thought of touching and being touched by someone I'm not physically attracted to.
    looks are somewhat important to me too but definitely not a make-or-break characteristic
    RobertCalifornia: TL thinks im black
    RobertCalifornia: shes my homegurl
    Hive: arent you
    SpankyMcfly: wait... you arent?

thoughtlost: I am not really religious. I just like getting free stuff from churches.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Nope. I would prefer my man to lead a quiet, private life. The power thing comes with all the social stuff that freaks me out.
    4w5 sp/sx EII

Unapologetic being Evolving Transparency's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    As described in the OP - not particularly. They lack subtlety and seem to assume the world revolves around them. On the other hand, I have no patience with wimpiness, lack of confidence, or true weakness in anyone, male or female.
    ditto

...the only thing I'd like to add to this is that I despise lack of confidence

because it oozes desperation.

Desperation will send me running.

Too much pressure for one 6 to live up to.
    "Once the game is over, the Pawn and the King go back into the same box"

Freedom isn't free.
    "Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." ~ Orwell
    I'm that person that embodies pretty much everything that you hate. Might as well get used to it.
    Unapologetically bonding in an uninhibited, propelled manner
    10w12

figsfiggyfigs

Quote Originally Posted by senza tema View Post

And this is why I would want to be conjoined to senza. Clearly, our heads is where we would be connected.