First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by Stansmith View Post
    Looks are incredibly irrelevant when you think about comparing a highly attractive Mcdonalds employee or Portland hipster with an average-to-decent looking corporate executive with a high-salary. The former's looks become surprisingly meaningless and forgettable, if they aren't already.
    But if you compare the highly attractive McD employee in non-McD clothes with the average looking executive I would bet that most women would rather date the highly attractive McD employee, just based on looks+job alone (leaving personality out of the question in this context)
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

Stansmith

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    But if you compare the highly attractive McD employee in non-McD clothes with the average looking executive I would bet that most women would rather date the highly attractive McD employee, just based on looks+job alone.
    You have a point. Women would probably have to know about their respective resumes/salaries to go with the executive. If they're both just walking down the street, it's obvious who's gonna catch their attention.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Is it?
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

brainheart

Definitely not. Unless eights like Johnny Cash and young Marlon Brando fall into the category.

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    It probably is. It's in our genetic code too probably.

Just as much as men are immediately attracted to hot women; women are attracted to powerful/influential/rich men. Of course looks help too.
    I'm totally not. They gross me out. So speak for yourself.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

The men listed in the OP are mostly repulsive to me. Politicians, executives and CEOs are mostly repulsive to me. The only two men I ever lived we're both poor when I fell in love with them. People who feel like "money" are more often gross to me than attractive.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

I'm not talking about enneagram 3s. I'm talking about those big, stocky, primal, middle aged, un-self conscious 8s who don't give a damn about their appearance as long as they're making money and being powerful.

Not sure about a relationship with them, they are too close to being like me but they are attractive in many ways. Hopefully by middle age, they have become a little more subtle and a little more refined. That person would be very doable.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

You have a point. Women would probably have to know about their respective resumes/salaries to go with the executive. If they're both just walking down the street, it's obvious who's gonna catch their attention.
    Right, or maybe get to know them or w/e
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

And by primal, I mean someone who's unpretentious, ambitious, resourceful, focused and direct. None of that E3 image-consciousness or packaging.
    What an odd definition of "primal". All those traits are appealing to me, at least in moderation. Power is neutral (sometimes slightly positive or negative). "Alpha male"-ness/machismo/my interpretation of "primal" is repulsive for me. I have no idea what kind of guy you're describing anymore. I don't think most of the traits you listed correlate very well with "power", other tahn ambition and perhaps overall competence.
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sx

Looks are incredibly irrelevant when you think about comparing a highly attractive Mcdonalds employee or Portland hipster with an average-to-decent looking corporate executive with a high-salary. The former's looks become surprisingly meaningless and forgettable, if they aren't already.

I don't find a high salary attractive but I do find some kind of personal ambition attractive. I like to excell at what I do I want to be with someone like me. And personally, the ambition to make money is a turn off. A man with a high salary and no passions is unattractive. A low paid man with dreams and ambitions is attractive.

That being said if i was in a hypothetical situation with two men who were identical (in all the values and personality traits that matter to me) except that one was extremely attractive but made average money, and a man who had a ton of money but was average looking. I would pick the attractive one.

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Personal power? Yes.

Money and "snap my fingers and I can get anything" power? No...not at all.