User Tag List

123 Last

Stansmith

Default Could I be a closet Bisexual?

I find men objectively attractive, admire the male physique (Moreso than most men, likely) and feel strangely self-conscious (even flustered) around attractive men, but I can't say I'm interested in sleeping with them.

I definitely 'notice' more than the average heterosexual.

WALMART

Ne possibility feeler and so forth

ndovjtjcaqidthi

If you have to ask.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Stansmith View Post
    I find men objectively attractive, admire the male physique (Moreso than most men, likely) and feel strangely self-conscious (even flustered) around attractive men, but I can't say I'm interested in sleeping with them.
    Unless you are in a situation where you don't have sex at all, males or females, I'm pretty sure the last part is the part that really counts.

Everything else is that sliding gray scale of semantics and "everyone is a little gay somewhere" thing. I can't say I admire the female physique more than most women normally, since women are more open about that sort of thing, but other than that I identify with everything you said and I consider myself straight. I can objectively tell if a woman is attractive or not to me (can't speak for anyone else's opinions) and yeah a super pretty girl makes me nervous.. but that doesn't mean I want to sleep with them.

Does the situation bother you, or are you more interested in just knowing if others identify with this?
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Quote Originally Posted by superunknown View Post
    Ne possibility feeler and so forth
    I feel like this is valid. I think Ne paired with feeling (and perceiving for that matter) make you kinda able to see the good with a wider scope. I definitely think women can be attractive and even sexual, but I've never considered having a romantic relationship with a woman. Obviously though, I don't know you like you do, so that's your question to answer.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

Stansmith

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    Unless you are in a situation where you don't have sex at all, males or females, I'm pretty sure the last part is the part that really counts.

Everything else is that sliding gray scale of semantics and "everyone is a little gay somewhere" thing. I can't say I admire the female physique more than most women normally, since women are more open about that sort of thing, but other than that I identify with everything you said and I consider myself straight. I can objectively tell if a woman is attractive or not to me (can't speak for anyone else's opinions) and yeah a super pretty girl makes me nervous.. but that doesn't mean I want to sleep with them.

Does the situation bother you, or are you more interested in just knowing if others identify with this?
    I'm just genuinely fascinated by the phenomenon and often entertain the idea of being a bisexual in principle. I find playing (tastefully) with the ambiguity of human sexuality 'fun' and closer to the truth.

I admit, this thread was impulsive on my part, but others are free to weigh in in their own experiences or opinions on the matter.

Stansmith

After some thinking, I figured I'm most likely straight since I tend to view attractive men from a position of admiration and jealousy rather than lust. The idea of having Ryan Gosling all to myself in a warm fuzzy cabin doesn't do much for me. It'd be awkward.

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Stansmith View Post
    After some thinking, I figured I'm most likely straight since I tend to view attractive men from a position of admiration and jealousy rather than lust. The idea of shacking up with Ryan Gosling alone on a cosy winter day doesn't do much for me. It'd be awkward.
    That would be awkward for me too.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

I'm the same aside from the being flustered part. It's more like...art appreciation but a bit more animalistic; recognizing the sexual energy, aesthetic, and appeal of an individual, but also a bit of envy in there too, when one comes across an "ideal." I don't have any personal feelings of wanting to involve myself though, so I've never considered myself bisexual.

Only one way to find out.

*unzip*