User Tag List

garbage

Default If you hosted a talk show...

-- well, before we get into that, my inspiration is that a TV at Schlotzky's clued me in to the fact that this existed.

I figured that any one of us could do a better job, and any one of us would have a better rationale for actually having a show in the first place.

That said... if you hosted a talk show, which forum members would you have as guests?

Among others, I could see a few recurring guests.

First, I'd have @RaptorWizard. I'd ask one very short, open-ended lead-in question, then let him talk nonstop for around an hour. Rather than split the show naturally by where commercial breaks would be, we'd film the episode nonstop, then insert the breaks in after the fact so as to not break up the flow.

Second, @Juice. We'd talk hypothetical dilemmas. But for kicks, we'd put audience members on the spot. We'd have four of them lie next to one another on the floor, with a loose stage light tottering right above them; have another one lie down out of harm's way; and yet another one choose whether to swivel the light so that it crushes the one instead of the currently-damned four. We'd have a several audience members in cages and several other audience members with riot batons, then let them do what they're gonna do for the whole hour; and we would make liberal use of the "applause" sign. I guess we could also sew people together if we got them to sign some hefty waivers.

@FDG could be on for similar experiments in behavioral economics. In these segments, we'd change it up and turn the whole thing into a game show, with a few lucky members of the audience getting chosen to come up to bat, The Price is Right style. FDG and/or I would be their opponent, Win Ben Stein's Money style. The winning prize for each game would be $10,000. Most of the time, though, the game we'd play would be the "ultimatum game."

You could also talk about your show's set backdrop and target audience or whatever, but nobody will care but you.

(My set would be plain but pompously elegant, overtly aimed at an audience sorta-kinda like Bill Maher's; but in reality aimed at an audience more akin to Gallagher's.)

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    First, I'd have @RaptorWizard. I'd ask one very short, open-ended lead-in question, then let him talk nonstop for around an hour. Rather than split the show naturally by where commercial breaks would be, we'd film the episode nonstop, then insert the breaks in after the fact so as to not break up the flow.
    What is everything all about?

The meaning of "everything" is relative to the system boundaries we're specifying, but if we expand beyond all things within our context, the resulting direction of explosion would be contingent...

Hate

Mmmmmm, Schlotzky's...

What did you have?

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    What is everything all about?
    That or "Why?" or "How?" I think

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    Mmmmmm, Schlotzky's...

What did you have?
    THE ORIGINAL

Most often, though, I have the Veggie.

Hate

I would like to do a cooking show with @senza tema and @gromit. We will cook, stuff our faces with food, and have fun. Yay!

To this day I still use one of senza’s cooking tips. For years I was eating bland whole grain rice with no flavor, senza told me to cook it in stock instead of water, so now I cook my rice using organic chicken stock and my life has been forever changed.

I would recreate The Dick Cavett Show, in particular one episode in which I play Dick Cavett, @senza tema plays Janet Flanner, @Blackmail! plays Gore Vidal and Norman Mailer is, of course, played by @Salomé.

I would go on to play Dick Cavett, however, inviting, for instance, @YWIR as Bette Davis or @ThatGirl as Katharine Hepburn. Glorious opportunities.