User Tag List

First 345

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Hey forever jung... I didn't read the thread so I wasn't responding to anything you wrote. Was just commenting on the op.

Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    Hey forever jung... I didn't read the thread so I wasn't responding to anything you wrote. Was just commenting on the op.
    Yeah sorry 'bout that, I addressed you as if you had been speaking directly to me. I knew you weren't, your post just made me want to clarify that my mild annoyance with with Marilyn wasn't personal, and I realize she was a very mixed up person.

Quote Originally Posted by Saudade View Post
    She was a drug addict, pill-popping, serial adulterer, a home wrecker, a bad actress, famous for being a sloot, had sex with a president and his brother, etc.
    I haven't had a chance to Google the definition for the word sloot yet...but aside from that...the above has always been precisely what causes me discomfort when it comes to her enduring popularity (until now? although I myself haven't noticed any of this Facebook stuff.)

From ages 3-7 I literally lived in a black hand-sewn witch costume that my Mom had made for me... And I can remember seeing her image... her image and all the other female celebrities that followed with a similar m.o. And while I couldn't articulate it... I wasn't even mature enough to formulate entire thoughts on the issue (and even if I could I was too busy casting spells and I'm now wondering why I didn't cast a spell on this whole deal...hindsight's a bitch)... Without a doubt I absolutely knew something didn't sit right with me. Standing in my witch costume in front of the tv. looking at her I knew without having the words to speak of it that her appearance and behavior...was contrived...and it was contrived damn near exclusively (I would say 'entirely' myself but... ) for men. Her worth was as an object. And she was demonstrating for me... the very best of what a woman could achieve for herself.

None of this bothered me when I still fit into my witch costume I should say... but I'd be lying if I said it doesn't bother me now. To this day I am bothered by women that use their sexuality to earn favors, social rewards, power...power over men and quite decidedly power over other women as well (which is sick and twisted to me really. edit: I very much see all of this as being 'the easy, uninspired way' towards social and material gain as well as a creepy way to feed a hungry ego.) <-And I've been criticized for holding this view...by both men and women...even a few men and women on this very site. And criticized like I could give a shit...(the nerve! ) Perhaps there is a great deal of intelligence in these type of women but no one can tell me it isn't heavily tempered with a hefty dose of insecurity... or at least I've never seen or heard of it otherwise.

I think it's fugging fugged up (JAVO?) that Marilyn is more recognizable than Jane Goodall or Madame Curie or Hatshepsut or...

inb4 "If you can't handle me at my worst, you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
    outb4 the more *masculine* ->"If you're absent during my struggle, don't expect to be present during my success." -Will Smith

Umm lawsuit?...wtf Smith stealing Monroe's material like that?

Quote Originally Posted by Forever_Jung View Post
    I certainly don't campaign against her or anything…

But that would still be so cool to see on the evening news.

Quote Originally Posted by Saudade View Post

*quickly edits thesis on Abraham Lincoln*

Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    I haven't had a chance to Google the definition for the word sloot yet...but aside from that...the above has always been precisely what causes me discomfort when it comes to her enduring popularity (until now? although I myself haven't noticed any of this Facebook stuff.)

From ages 3-7 I literally lived in a black hand-sewn witch costume that my Mom had made for me... And I can remember seeing her image... her image and all the other female celebrities that followed with a similar m.o. And while I couldn't articulate it... I wasn't even mature enough to formulate entire thoughts on the issue (and even if I could I was too busy casting spells and I'm now wondering why I didn't cast a spell on this whole deal...hindsight's a bitch)... Without a doubt I absolutely knew something didn't sit right with me. Standing in my witch costume in front of the tv. looking at her I knew without having the words to speak of it that her appearance and behavior...was contrived...and it was contrived damn near exclusively (I would say 'entirely' myself but... ) for men. Her worth was as an object. And she was demonstrating for me... the very best of what a woman could achieve for herself.

None of this bothered me when I still fit into my witch costume I should say... but I'd be lying if I said it doesn't bother me now. To this day I am bothered by women that use their sexuality to earn favors, social rewards, power...power over men and quite decidedly power over other women as well (which is sick and twisted to me really. edit: I very much see all of this as being 'the easy, uninspired way' towards social and material gain as well as a creepy way to feed a hungry ego.) <-And I've been criticized for holding this view...by both men and women...even a few men and women on this very site. And criticized like I could give a shit...(the nerve! ) Perhaps there is a great deal of intelligence in these type of women but no one can tell me it isn't heavily tempered with a hefty dose of insecurity... or at least I've never seen or heard of it otherwise.

I think it's fugging fugged up (JAVO?) that Marilyn is more recognizable than Jane Goodall or Madame Curie or Hatshepsut or...

outb4 the more *masculine* ->"If you're absent during my struggle, don't expect to be present during my success." -Will Smith
    Umm lawsuit?...wtf Smith stealing Monroe's material like that?
    But that would still be so cool to see on the evening news.
    *quickly edits thesis on Abraham Lincoln*
    Yes, the psyche of Marilyn Monroe was damaged as a child by child sexual abuse.

And she was not only damaged but damaging.

But worse, the President of the United States and his brother, the Attorney General of the United States, preyed upon this vulnerable person.

And taking their cue from the highest powers in the land, the media still prey upon this sexually abused child.

Ireland and now Australia have a Judicial Enquiry into Institutional Child Abuse, so why not write to your President or Prime Minister, and citing Ireland and Australia as precedents, ask for your own Judicial Enquiry into Child Abuse.

This is so vitally important because we know that child rearing practices form the psyche of the next generation.

WALMART

There was (is?) also a lot of hate on fat-acceptance movements, and I do recall seeing a lot of girls justify larger figures with her image.

Progressives are notably annoying, from pot advocates to jehovah's witnesses, vegans and gun-owners. Anything that becomes a symbol for something is guaranteed to be ostracized - the american flag, che guevara, obama hope posters, etc

She is a simple casuality of war

We know what happened to the psyche of Marilyn Monroe. We know how those in power exploited her. And we know how the media exploit this vulnerable person.

But what has happened to your psyche? Do those in power exploit you?

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    Yes, the psyche of Marilyn Monroe was damaged as a child by child sexual abuse.

And she was not only damaged but damaging.

But worse, the President of the United States and his brother, the Attorney General of the United States, preyed upon this vulnerable person.

And taking their cue from the highest powers in the land, the media still prey upon this sexually abused child.

Ireland and now Australia have a Judicial Enquiry into Institutional Child Abuse, so why not write to your President or Prime Minister, and citing Ireland and Australia as precedents, ask for your own Judicial Enquiry into Child Abuse.

This is so vitally important because we know that child rearing practices form the psyche of the next generation.
    Mole, this is such an important/profound message... I read it in an earlier post by you in this thread... yet had forgotten by the time I got around to creating my own. I didn't know Monroe was sexually abused (which would include mental, emotional, physical and spiritual abuse as well all rolled into one) but it makes perfect sense... And frankly makes all of this a hundred-thousand times more disturbing to me.

It is time to end Institutional Child Abuse. And it's high time women stop growing-up to be everything they were raised to be. Thank you so much Mole.

She's overrated but I feel sorry for her.
    I really like cats and food.

Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    Mole, this is such an important/profound message... I read it in an earlier post by you in this thread... yet had forgotten by the time I got around to creating my own. I didn't know Monroe was sexually abused (which would include mental, emotional, physical and spiritual abuse as well all rolled into one) but it makes perfect sense... And frankly makes all of this a hundred-thousand times more disturbing to me.

It is time to end Institutional Child Abuse. And it's high time women stop growing-up to be everything they were raised to be. Thank you so much Mole.
    No worries.

We have two Judicial Enquiries in New South Wales and Victoria, and a National Royal Commission into Institutional Child Abuse. And every day we learn more and more.

Yesterday we learnt that the New South Wales police and the Roman Catholic Church made an agreement to hide child sexual abuse in the Roman Catholic Church.

Quote Originally Posted by Devi View Post
    She's overrated but I feel sorry for her.
    The problem is that the USA holds up Marylyn Monroe and John and Robert Kennedy as role models for the world, when in fact they are holding up to the world the institutional exploitation of a sexually abused child.

And it is obvious to anyone that Marilyn Monroe shows the signs of early sexual abuse in her fake sexuality.

And it is obvious to anyone that John and Robert Kennedy preyed upon those who were sexually abused as children.