User Tag List

First 78910 Last

Socionics
    ILI

@RaptorWizard

Seems a bit esoteric, more along the lines of a grand conspiracy or grand operation that can't be logically concluded with objective analysis but can be concluded with subjective analysis. I do enjoy the pioneering into seeing the universe as a computer, but I don't truly see the aspect of the universe being a hyper-dimensional being's laptop or desktop. I've concluded that perhaps one day we will find that the universe is not a computer in the sense of a peripheral on another dimension plane but as an algorithm or equation desperately trying to solve itself by performing these calculations that happen to involve conscious beings (which ultimately are the universe). The universe would be a mathematical formula trying to reach equilibrium, which due to its expansion, the immense variables provided by various laws that we have discovered, would prove to be ultimately unsolvable. In fact, rather beautifully, God, the universe, existence, and an algorithm, has indeed made us (or him) from his own image, for we are merely biological computers and formulas constantly solving ourselves mentally and physically, and even more intriguingly we have created computers in our own image, as ways to understand ourselves if we were to strip away the emotions and unnecessary conscious thought. (Holy shit did I really just use 9 commas in a sentence)

How surprised, shocked, or even scared would you be if there was no controller? No master, no ulterior plot, no higher entity other than one's own self. An existence made not at the hands of some far-away manipulators but at the hands of the utter chaos, despair, and agony of an unified entity that has existed indefinitely one may infer. What if there is no purpose to existence, but to simply be, do, and fade back into the primordial abyss of nonexistence.
    Last edited by Alea_iacta_est; 12-08-2013 at 02:36 AM. Reason: Changed "plain" to "plane

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    How surprised, shocked, or even scared would you be if there was no controller? No master, no ulterior plot, no higher entity other than one's own self. An existence made not at the hands of some far-away manipulators but at the hands of the utter chaos, despair, and agony of an unified entity that has existed indefinitely one may infer. What if there is no purpose to existence, but to simply be, do, and fade back into the primordial abyss of nonexistence.
    My greatest fear is that there is a grand design.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

@RaptorWizard

Seems a bit esoteric, more along the lines of a grand conspiracy or grand operation that can't be logically concluded with objective analysis but can be concluded with subjective analysis. I do enjoy the pioneering into seeing the universe as a computer, but I don't truly see the aspect of the universe being a hyper-dimensional being's laptop or desktop. I've concluded that perhaps one day we will find that the universe is not a computer in the sense of a peripheral on another dimension plane but as an algorithm or equation desperately trying to solve itself by performing these calculations that happen to involve conscious beings (which ultimately are the universe). The universe would be a mathematical formula trying to reach equilibrium, which due to its expansion, the immense variables provided by various laws that we have discovered, would prove to be ultimately unsolvable. In fact, rather beautifully, God, the universe, existence, and an algorithm, has indeed made us (or him) from his own image, for we are merely biological computers and formulas constantly solving ourselves mentally and physically, and even more intriguingly we have created computers in our own image, as ways to understand ourselves if we were to strip away the emotions and unnecessary conscious thought. (Holy shit did I really just use 9 commas in a sentence)
    Well, we're a way for existence to see itself, and if nothing could experience it, then perhaps its existence would be entirely arbitrary (or maybe even nonexistent) in the first place. But even for the events that life wasn't there to witness, like the Big Bang and the beginning of our universe, somehow they unfolded independent of our observations. This could be evidence in favor of some higher beings outside the system monitoring the cosmic developments, since in quantum mechanics, the possibilities aren't realized until something actually watches the spectrums play out. Therefore, since M-theory speculates that our universe originated from some kind of quantum source of boundless potential, then there may very well be a mind that shapes it all into being.

Trust me, I myself don't have the most optimistic views about the initial purposes of existence as well. I actually see it right now as more of a torture program than a thing to rejoice. But we can still make the most of what we have and come to create our own meanings out of things. Perhaps we could even see this simulation as a challenge of sorts, a chance to rise up and conquer the game. That's one reason I'm so fond of the dragon metaphor, as it's a symbol of wisdom, defeating your inner demons, unleashing supernatural powers, the freedom to fly, and the endless quest.

Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    Well, we're a way for existence to see itself, and if nothing could experience it, then perhaps its existence would be entirely arbitrary (or maybe even nonexistent) in the first place. But even for the events that life wasn't there to witness, like the Big Bang and the beginning of our universe, somehow they unfolded independent of our observations. This could be evidence in favor of some higher beings outside the system monitoring the cosmic developments, since in quantum mechanics, the possibilities aren't realized until something actually watches the spectrums play out. Therefore, since M-theory speculates that our universe originated from some kind of quantum source of boundless potential, then there may very well be a mind that shapes it all into being.

Trust me, I myself don't have the most optimistic views about the initial purposes of existence as well. I actually see it right now as more of a torture program than a thing to rejoice. But we can still make the most of what we have and come to create our own meanings out of things. Perhaps we could even see this simulation as a challenge of sorts, a chance to rise up and conquer the game. That's one reason I'm so fond of the dragon metaphor, as it's a symbol of wisdom, defeating your inner demons, unleashing supernatural powers, the freedom to fly, and the endless quest.
    Interesting point with M-Theory and the Big Bang, though I've heard that M-theory revolves around the fact that the universe
    s own vibrations create itself (which is paradoxically intriguing), i.e. the super-strings mentioned in the 10th dimension more so than a physical entity keeping the universe stable. Many scientists now have begun to actually reject the Big Bang, claiming that a linear model for the universe is an assumption that can't be proven entirely. Many have even put forth a model of the universe expanding through the stretching of space-time by dark energy and contracting by the constant pulling of the universe's own gravity to counteract the dark energy and reach universal equilibrium, eventually leaving the universe to either stretch itself to death or collapse inward on itself or even to remain stationary for the entirety of its existence (indefinite). Others still pose that the Big Bang didn't happen in a singular place, but happened everywhere on an indefinite scale in every increment in time, including the past, present, and future. It would be interesting to note how the Big Bang would appear in the 4th dimension as well, considering that the past, present and future would be one conglomerate that could be studied and show just how interconnected we are with existence.

As for the philosophy, Existence is in the eye of the existent it would seem. It may be that existence is simply here to allow us to exist quite perplexedly, that there wasn't a start and there isn't a finish, that we have engineered a temporary existence to fit each individual (which ironically could only be one manifestation living among alternate manifestations of the lobotomized consciousness that wants to only interact with one part of the collective consciousness at a time*) so that we can entertain our "short" time entertaining ourselves with the drama of existing. In fact, I do believe that it is impossible to not exist, for the fact that we do exist compromises the whole element of nonexistence and makes us come to term with the real mystery, How does something come from nothing?

As far as higher powers and deities are concerned, if existence is infinitely complex and multi-dimensional, then who or what controls our own controllers, and even more mysteriously, who do we control?

*I would go into further detail, but that would begin getting into a spiritual debate over my ideology of the source/hub over whatever you believe happens after death
    Last edited by Alea_iacta_est; 12-08-2013 at 12:45 PM. Reason: changed thought to though

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

As far as higher powers and deities are concerned, if existence is infinitely complex and multi-dimensional, then who or what controls our own controllers, and even more mysteriously, who do we control?
    The greatest mastery I believe one can have is over the self, and once complete self-mastery is attained, then one can rule the world, not so much in the sense that a person directs everybody, but more in the way that the world can fulfill all wishes of noble designs. So basically, we control ourselves, but we can get guidance as to what we should command ourselves to do by the minds who reside above our own level of existence. What we choose to do however is likely influenced very much by the initial conditions programmed into the system, so it's more a question of free will.

Socionics
    ILI

The greatest mastery I believe one can have is over the self, and once complete self-mastery is attained, then one can rule the world, not so much in the sense that a person directs everybody, but more in the way that the world can fulfill all wishes of noble designs. So basically, we control ourselves, but we can get guidance as to what we should command ourselves to do by the minds who reside above our own level of existence. What we choose to do however is likely influenced very much by the initial conditions programmed into the system, so it's more a question of free will.
    And that's where my agnosticism can't debate that opinion due to the immense subjectivity in the matter and the absence of evidence on either side, so we are at an impasse.
    By the way, awesome discussion we've been having, I haven't had a good philosophy/spiritual debate in a while.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

I just decided, once I complete a publication, that the first production will likely be a title under the lines of "Conceptual Simulation Philosophy ~ A Super-Holographic Worldview of Reality".
    Last edited by RaptorWizard; 12-12-2013 at 11:21 PM.

Socionics
    ILI

I just decided, once I complete a publication, that the first production will likely be a title under the lines of "Conceptual Simulation Philosophy ~ A Super-Holographic Worldview of Reality".
    Publishing Advice:
    If you are actually going to try and publish that production and market it, I would suggest that you replace that verbose title with one that is shorter yet holds urbanity and meaning. Maybe something like "Deus ex Machina" (for an example). (Latin for God (out) from the machine) and then provide a brief description, otherwise you will only have readers that are already committed to that branch of philosophy, for they understand the precise idea you are talking about in the title already while those who don't will simply pass it by.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Schematics Philosophy of the Solution Master: From Conceptual Simulations to Superholographic Cybernetics
    Last edited by RaptorWizard; 12-16-2013 at 08:09 PM.

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Who do you think would win in a fight: a raptor or a wizard? Why?
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.