First 678910 Last

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

^ Those are my favorite Youtube channels.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

RaptorWizard's New Opening and Closing catchphrases...

Opener - Behold the bright horizons rising ahead!
    Closer - May God guide your shining path!

Hate

Have you ever had direct contact with any supernatural entities?

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by RedruM View Post
    Have you ever had direct contact with any supernatural entities?
    One time, back in late 2010, I was meditating about the destruction of ancient civilizations, and how that may have happened. I figured that they started invoking the wrong kinds of forces, which of course could have turned on them to bring about their end. Then a voice (it was completely silent and dark in my room too) spoke directly into my mind, saying "Be careful Riley." And 1 minute or so later, an image of some strange psychic woman staring at me was projected into my mind, which was very startling and caused me to open my eyes as it vanished. It was really weird.

And back in early 2003, when I was 9 years old, I woke up late at night feeling very scared, and I wanted to rush towards my guardian's bedroom. But right as I opened my door, an evil red mirage shook me extremely violently and laughed like a maniac. That was the scariest thing which has ever happened to me. There's been many other instances where I've seen ghosts as well, but that was the biggest one.

Hate

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    One time, back in late 2010, I was meditating about the destruction of ancient civilizations, and how that may have happened. I figured that they started invoking the wrong kinds of forces, which of course could have turned on them to bring about their end. Then a voice (it was completely silent and dark in my room too) spoke directly into my mind, saying "Be careful Riley." And 1 minute or so later, an image of some strange psychic woman staring at me was projected into my mind, which was very startling and caused me to open my eyes as it vanished. It was really weird.
    What's your theory as to who/what she/it was? And what's your theory as to what the words meant?

And back in early 2003, when I was 9 years old, I woke up late at night feeling very scared, and I wanted to rush towards my guardian's bedroom. But right as I opened my door, an evil red mirage shook me extremely violently and laughed like a maniac. That was the scariest thing which has ever happened to me. There's been many other instances where I've seen ghosts as well, but that was the biggest one.
    There's a new show that came out recently called 'When ghosts attack.' They got some pretty interesting stories on there.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by RedruM View Post
    What's your theory as to who/what she/it was? And what's your theory as to what the words meant?
    Maybe it was one of those dangerous people that get too deep in the magic. Perhaps the words were a warning to stay away from even thinking about those things, lest I let the wrong powers come in.

There's a new show that came out recently called 'When ghosts attack.' They got some pretty interesting stories on there.
    I don't watch TV, but I overheard my sister watching a ghost show the other day, and boy was that creepy, some of these insane supernatural possibilities!

Socionics
    ILI

How the hell did I end up in this thread?

Are deities merely archaic metaphors that humanize the unfeeling and unemotional computer that is existence in an effort to give those who see the universe for what it truly is, a machine, hope that the calculations being made in the past, present, and future will take him or her personally into account?

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    How the hell did I end up in this thread?
    Because I willed the natural order to do so by commenting here 30 minutes ago. Nature won't just give stuff to you; you have to seize what you want.

Are deities merely archaic metaphors that humanize the unfeeling and unemotional computer that is existence in an effort to give those who see the universe for what it truly is, a machine, hope that the calculations being made in the past, present, and future will take him or her personally into account?
    My view on the divine is that it exists behind the scenes, monitoring what goes on here, and speaking with those who seek them on their same frequencies to offer guidance. Benign divines may have indeed originated our world system, but the program as since seems to have been corrupted.

Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    Because I willed the natural order to do so by commenting here 30 minutes ago. Nature won't just give stuff to you; you have to seize what you want.

My view on the divine is that it exists behind the scenes, monitoring what goes on here, and speaking with those who seek them on their same frequencies to offer guidance. Benign divines may have indeed originated our world system, but the program as since seems to have been corrupted.
    So when categorized, I assume you would identify yourself as somewhat of a deist (Enlightenment Era) who believes that those strong-willed/faithful/[insert some spiritual emotion here] enough can establish a connection with God(s) but that God(s) do(es) not act upon the universe, instead leaving it to its own fate?

If I'm interpreting your statement correctly, those who form connections will be given advice by the deit(y/ies) to help better themselves in life?

Philosophy Time:
    Many deists believe that god(s) died or left the universe shortly after making it, but, subjectively, I inquire into existence itself for an answer. Why can't this god be both the creator and the machine itself? Instead of God having fled long ago, it is everywhere, it is everything, and we are it, so subtly and poetically hidden in plain sight of those who so desperately try and find it. What if these human forms are our individual vessels for existence utilized to create a lobotomized version of itself to understand from a third person and fresh standpoint, why it (the total entity of existence) created itself from nonexistence* , which creates in of itself a mystery that would keep us (individually and wholly) occupied for eternity.

And of course, philosophy is entirely subjective so we can't back up either of these claims with objective evidence. In fact, in this picture concerning the purity of different fields, I would place philosophy a little bit to the left of sociology.

purity1.jpg

*Which has had an incredible absence in modern spiritualism and philosophy

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

@Alea_iacta_est no, I'm not a Deist. I more believe in a theory called Digital physics, which basically posits that existence is simulated, and perhaps even played on some level by the "Architects of the Matrix Control System".

When we play video games for instance, there's many processes that just happen by designs already programmed into the simulation. But there's also certain processes that we can control, like generally some kind of avatar for instance that can direct certain developments to occur within the game based on what that particular avatar chooses to do as dictated by the player. With God on our side, he can take control of us (the avatars) and "play us" up with better abilities to higher levels. If we just float along with where the codes would predetermine us to go, then we won't win.