Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by Wind-Up Rex View Post
    This is really interesting. What kind of practice would you develop around these principles?
    I'm not going to get uber-philosophical with this one. Just live every moment to its fullest, maximize all of its promise. There's a quote I think that goes something like: yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift - that is why it is called the "present". Basically, what we do right now is what will shape the world.

Of course, that's just under our limited 1-directional view of time. When seen from the "higher dimensions" (like that article you linked me too), surely it's much more complex and paradoxical.

I appreciate this a great deal. To be candid with you for a moment, I wonder if maybe you gave more context to your thoughts when you post certain threads if they wouldn't be better received. Not to say that you owe anyone an explanation, but you have a refreshing perspective on most things, and I wonder if there wouldn't be something to be gained in revealing more of your thought processes. Just a thought.
    My thought processes tend to be very integrative. I pretty much just put a bunch of stuff together. It's not like I'm some kind of great visionary or whatever. I just think about these things a lot. It would take like an Einstein or a Tesla and such to have the real "thought experiments". But even they say that much of their ideas are just because they put more of their focus there.

So all I can say is that if you want to learn and generate, if you desire to do so, then it shall be done.

Thanks for taking my questions, RW.
    Indeed, and thanks for asking them.

You also were behind the birth of this thread. That's something to feel good about I would say.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    Words are meaningless unless you give some context to them. I dont mean to offend you, but this is the reason why i cant read/listen/watch this stuff you are talking about, all i hear are empty words without any meaning to them. Not to mention that imo you are way off with what you talk about light and all this stuff. Light is a symbol for consciousness(or it has been since thousands of years), not some "mind of god"(which you also dont define or explain in any way). If you think about the Jungs idea of the shadow, its those parts of you where the light doesent shine, in other words those things in you which are outside of your conscious processes.
    You're probably right about much of this. I do indeed have a hard time really imagining what I say. And there's also all kinds of mistakes in basic logic I make. It's good though I think to have your own thoughts and feelings on these things. You shouldn't after all take everything I (or anyone) says on faith alone. Otherwise, then surely it's much more "empty".

Also einsteins theory of relativity doesent say that light is timeless. In einsteins theory of relativity time and space are one, because light moves through space, it also moves in time. The thing is just that its currently the fastest moving thing we know of, so it uses least time in space, in one second light uses 299,792,458 metres(if its moving in vacuum).
    I don't apologize for this, but I'm much more of a philosopher than a scientist. As such, I'm going to have more idiot's speculation than wise man's solutions.

figsfiggyfigs

Since you're so wise and all knowing, Raptrowizard, my query, although out of context in this thread, is one I believe you're sagacity can solve.
    I've recently re-developed an unquenchable obsession with a rehabilitated forum member that I can not obtain. I've written him letters with snippets of my hair taped near his name. Outside his door, I left ice cream shaped statues of his beautiful brain with a penis for a medulla oblongata. I've spray painted breath marks on all of his windows, beneath it, a heart containing a cut-out picture of his head and mine. What do you suggest I do next to show him how deep my feelings run?

Ps: did you like the gifts, my love?

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

What are the answers to the mind-body problem and the hard problem of consciousness?

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by YWIR View Post
    Since you're so wise and all knowing, Raptrowizard, my query, although out of context in this thread, is one I believe you're sagacity can solve.
    Well, omnipotence is one of those greatest of goals, though it doesn't necessarily need to be reached, or "solved". But it certainly can give direction and meaning.

I've recently re-developed an unquenchable obsession with a rehabilitated forum member that I can not obtain. I've written him letters with snippets of my hair taped near his name. Outside his door, I left ice cream shaped statues of his beautiful brain with a penis for a medulla oblongata. I've spray painted breath marks on all of his windows, beneath it, a heart containing a cut-out picture of his head and mine. What do you suggest I do next to show him how deep my feelings run?
    There's nothing here to apologise for, and really, I don't take this stuff in all seriousness. Much of the excitement we shall find is in the adventure. I must say, this free expression of your "true feelings" is nothing to be ashamed of. And if you're also just trying to be funny, I can receive it in good character.

Ps: did you like the gifts, my love?
    One of those great quotes that I live by is: Happiness is not perfect until it is shared.

Of course it's wonderful to shine forth our rainbows and be liberated by the power of love, the greatest truth of them all!

Hate

What is the purpose of the Pineal gland?

Who/What are the Archons?

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    What are the answers to the mind-body problem and the hard problem of consciousness?
    Look at this passage from the following link to get a starting foundation here: http://www.esotericscience.org/article6a.htm

There is evidence to suggest that other worlds or dimensions exist just beyond the range of our normal perception, but we remain unaware of them because our minds are not objectively conscious at these higher levels. Our normal level of consciousness is restricted in some way, preventing us from tuning in to these subtler realms. If you have young children you might have noticed them looking a things that don't appear to be there or talking to "imaginary friends". Very young children can actually see into these hidden worlds, but they lose the ability as they grow older.

Also look at the next passage from this link here under the "Attributes" section: http://horizons-2000.org/Journey%20i...#_Toc153202170

The idea that mind and matter are substances suggests that there may be many other substances or attributes of being. A suggestion of this kind was put forward by the Dutch philosopher Benedict de Spinoza (b. 1632, Amsterdam , Netherlands.) Spinoza reflected that there may be an infinite number of attributes. Here however, mind and matter have been roughly identified as ‘inner’ and ‘outer’ aspects of being and this suggests that there is no list of attributes that continues the series mind, matter… This suggests that while there may be degrees and elaborations of consciousness unknown to human being there is no mode of being beyond consciousness (this does not imply that other degrees of consciousness will be recognized by human being.) On the other hand, since the sensory modalities correspond roughly to the modes of physical interaction it is easy to imagine the existence of e.g. cosmological systems where creatures have sensory modalities that are not possessed by any living form on earth

To offer my own input now, I take the position that mind and body are separate. If you put a computer system into a machine for instance, then it will operate and perform actions. Our bodies are much like the machines, and the mind is the computer. Of course, information on the computer can evolve over time as it gathers more data, can reach higher levels of programming and overall functionality. Then it can even be transferred to other operating systems, or displayed on a simulator for all to see. The mind truly can explore and expand across the furthest reaches of hyperspace (or in this case, cyberspace).

A lot of that is metaphor, but my basic point is that the mind is a free and dynamic system, follows its own orders of reasoning and sets its own rules, can come to change the very architecture of its experience (life) and reality (existence). I'm not spouting a stupid New Age philosophy of us creating our own reality and such (this would take mind power of the highest order), but we can to an extent influence the events and structures within our control. Ideally, the mind controls our body at our current realm, which in turn shapes our living contexts. The mind can also do extrasensory explorations too, influence the realms of imagination or dreams and such.

Ultimately, I don't think that this whole mind-body/consciousness thing is really a problem, so much as it is something that we have yet to completely master. And maybe we don't need to be the best at it all, but ideally the adventure never ends. There should always be new things of interest that we have yet to discover and explore. The journey in being will forever find new worlds!

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    What is the purpose of the Pineal gland?
    I'm not giving a real answer to this question. You can consult a psychic source somewhere, but for me, focusing on little organs in our brains doesn't fulfill the real benefits of proper esoteric training. The purpose of our minds in general is the will to creation, as you can see in the following outline from this website: http://hermes-press.com/creation.htm

The five phases or aspects of creation are:

1. Contacting and Receiving Inspiration From the Transcendent Force
    Joining with and receiving inspiration from the undifferentiated Force creating and sustaining transcendent being and terrestrial existence

2. Forming an Intention
    Intelligence intentionally selecting a Form, Pattern, or Purpose for creating a specific entity (person, object, condition, or event)

3. Using Creative Imagination
    Forming a blueprint or plan for creating the entity selected for manifestation

4. Acting to Produce
    Tangible or intangible operations through which the selected entity is brought into existence relative to the original intention as structured by the blueprint

5. Manifesting in the Supersensible or Terrestrial Domain
    Created entities (tangible or intangible) sustained and used to benefit humankind

And just to add my own input again, surely there's a lot more going into that than just the pineal gland.

Who/What are the Archons?
    Look at the description from the bottom of this page in the "Notes" section: http://montalk.net/gnosis/171/corrup...f-the-demiurge

5 “The Adversary” is a Christian and Gnostic term. It implies a cunning, strategic, oppositional intelligence. It is like a goal-driven game player that poses an obstacle to the spiritualizing influence of the Creator. Remember that thoughtforms are goal driven; they are seeded with archetypes (“Ideas”) and have the astral passion to pursue them to completion. The Adversary is the ego-extension of the universal Demiurge. We know that, within our own minds, the undisciplined ego is adversarial to our spiritual well-being. It is selfish and body-centric, just as the World Ego is selfish and matrix-centric. Later it will be made clear how this goal-driven aspect is the result of self-amplifying temporal feedback loops. These loops circulate between alternate futures and alternate pasts that compete with each other. The competition concerns which future/past becomes the one set in stone.

6 These are the Archons of Gnostic lore, not the Demiurge itself. But they are often equated with the Demiurge since they hold high reverence for the corrupted Demiurge and carry out its will. They worship the Demiurge because through it, they are endowed with the power to manipulate timelines, alter the world, and have dominion over their enslaved subjects. In the Cassiopaean Transcripts, the Demiurge was named “Ormethion” and was identified with the physical universe in a pantheistic sense. Ormethion was said to be the deity that Reptilian aliens worship. Its root “orm” comes from Greek “hormes” which, according to theoi.com, “was the spirit (daimon) of impulse or effort (to do a thing), eagerness, setting oneself in motion, and starting an action.” You can see how this ties into demi-“urge”. The term also relates to “hormone” which is the primary biological avenue through which the spirit is continually subjugated by the body. We are in the grip of these so-called Archons. They are aliens to which earth is but a cattle farm. We are products of their genetic manipulation, birthed into a world whose history has been altered by their timeline manipulation. Through abductions we are tagged, monitored, and programmed. If there weren’t a divine side counterbalancing all this, we’d all be doomed. But fortunately the future is still up in the air, and thus a grand battle is being waged with a dramatic climax occurring relatively soon.

As for my own Archon theories, I believe they're very powerful entities that broke off from God's kingdom, decided to create their own programs of life. Perhaps that could have been a factor in the development of the various races and religions of the world. They may also have implanted "fake evidence" here across the earth of their activities, just so insane and overly obsessive conspiracy theories can develop on these things and lead people astray. I'm not really sure what the Archons truly are, or what their intentions and actions could and may have been, but it's not an area that I myself would want to get lost. That's the way the dark side seems to be: it offers us little glimpses of something "true" to better sell a greater deception. I instead much prefer to focus on understanding the overall experience of living and the higher secrets of being.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Ene, greenfairy, and Infinite Bubble, I decided to add your respective threads on metaphysics into my first post.

If anyone wishes to ask more questions, I am here to answer.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Hey fellas, you can call me the Legendary Dragon Archmage!