Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by nicolita View Post
    Who do you think would win in a fight: a raptor or a wizard? Why?
    Definitely the Wizard, because his task is to rise above the Raptor, to conquer the beast. Raptors come from the past, and as such have less innovations at their disposal. Wizards on the other hand are "Solution Masters" of sorts, as they can craft up crazy magics to do a wide variety of feats.

WALMART

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

Gimme a set of razor sharp teef any day.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

@superunknown I guess then whether or not we see the wonders as magic rests largely upon our perspectives. From the reference point of primitive cave-dwellers observing us playing with fancy computers, of course it would be magical, for them anyway. But we now have rationally explicable causes for why our AI operates as it does. Once we see a supercomputer however that can design entire world systems, or even alter the architectures of our own system, then the magic is going to start happening again. So basically, what was once beyond our reach becomes "Occam's Science".

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    @superunknown I guess then whether or not we see the wonders as magic rests largely upon our perspectives. From the reference point of primitive cave-dwellers observing us playing with fancy computers, of course it would be magical, for them anyway. But we now have rationally explicable causes for why our AI operates as it does. Once we see a supercomputer however that can design entire world systems, or even alter the architectures of our own system, then the magic is going to start happening again. So basically, what was once beyond our reach becomes "Occam's Science".
    I am Jack's complete lack of surprise.

What, when the implication of experience loses all context for the individual? Are they no better than a cave-dweller watching the shadows dance?

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by superunknown View Post
    I am Jack's complete lack of surprise.

What, when the implication of experience loses all context for the individual? Are they no better than a cave-dweller watching the shadows dance?
    Hmm, maybe if we were sufficiently far "ahead of our times", then we could see things the majority of our paradigm doesn't, like recognizing that computers function because they receive programmed instructions. So just like with the computers, perhaps the first step to seeing sufficiently far "out there" into the future horizons is to start by designing schematics for getting there, like I'm doing now.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    Kris Ne

Who is smarter than Tom?
    1. Riley Hicks (Darth Nihilus)
    2. Marius Florin (INTP, Slowking), articulate, intelligent, believing, reasoned, adventurous, portraits, painting, da vinci
    3. Leonardo da Vinci
    4. Solitary Walker (ideas, endless spectra, PURE POWER, Justice, Strength, high minded ideals and virtue
    5. My Great 74 Year Old Aunt Meko
    6. Blastoise
    7. Squirtle is an intuitive
    8. Istjs are geeks, good at video games, very smart, high iq, not the worst type
    9. INTP is the best type, least like isfj, most ridicusoul, bouncy, projective with rounds and boards, lost in time, pleasing the senses
    10. God just looks at the future of WHAT IS GOING TO OCCUR, isn’t Amber Mew, isn’t an infj, isn’t a spirit guide, was ALREADY TRUE ON MY WEBSITE, and Jesus forgave Me, had FLASE LEADERSHIP, destroys and robs the bank
    11. My word count WILL FRAUD TOM FROM THE FUTURE when it says free Bunny

What is Tom? He might make a minor case for Salamence rather than Stephen Hawking, just eater of keys.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

"Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft
    Likes magpie liked this post