User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

From what I'm reading, max security women's prisons are not typically very violent nor is coercive sex common. I think I'd probably end up in the one that's about a half hour from my house, so my family could visit me on visiting days without undue hardship. The other likely place is about an hour and a half away, so that's still not too far. I'd have to do more research, but yeah, I think it might be worth it, if what I've read so far is true.

I'd want to make sure my two middle kids could drive and I'd want to get through the caffeine withdrawals first (because the headaches omg!), if I could. I'd look like I had leprosy and be itching like I had fleas by the time I got out if they didn't allow me to have my psoriasis meds but I could handle that for a year.

Would not do it if I was a man, unless I'm greatly mistaken about men's max security prisons.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Yeah. I think it could be a really eye-opening experience too. I'd love to have a first-hand account of being in prison, especially knowing it's only for a year. I'd treat it like an undercover journalism assignment. Then I'd pay off my student debt with my money, and put money away for our future family. And probably become some kind of prison activist knowing me, haha.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

No.

Reasons:

Rape(along with STDs) and murder risks.

I'm pretty picky when it comes to food, so I would suffer to get used to prison food.

I likely wouldn't get along with the people there, so boredom would be a big concern. With everything combined, 1 year there would probably feel like 10+ years.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

figsfiggyfigs

Lol no

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

My freedom matters more to me, so no, I also dont believe that any genie would make such an offer without strings attached and you have only their say so that you'll see any money at all, they might decide you're seeing no money and once you're in the prison you cant predict you'll be sure to be released within a year either, could be prison violence could be assholes working as guards, all of which mean you could do a longer stretch in prison than you first thought.

Any libertarians saying they'd be bought for that money confirm what I think about libertarianism per se, if they could make money into a religion they would and in fact most of them have.

Infinite Bubble

No thanks. It's not worth it. And if I were to get such an amount, I would want to earn it in a more respectable way.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    If a magical genie suddenly appeared and offered you five million dollars to serve one year in a maximum security state prison, what would you do?

Terms:

- No one in the prison would know about the deal.
    - You would be in general population.
    - Everyone would think you were there on an assault and battery charge and that's what your paperwork would say.

At the completion of one year you receive five million dollars.

Do you accept the genie’s offer?
    definitely. hell, I'd probably do it for just one million (though I wouldn't tell the genie that)
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Sure, how bad could it be? Given my lack of a criminal history prior to the A&B charge (I'm just so damn good at covering my tracks), I'd probably be in a minimum security with the software pirates and tax evaders. I'm in.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    Si
    Socionics
    ESTP

Sure.... if i get to live in a cell-bloc for non-violent offenders and no psychos or sexual deviants.
    "Where can you flee? What road will you use to escape us? Our horses are swift, our arrows sharp, our swords like thunderbolts, our hearts as hard as the mountains, our soldiers as numerous as the sand. Fortresses will not detain us, nor arms stop us. Your prayers to God will not avail against us. We are not moved by tears nor touched by lamentations."

I'm black and my life would be over, so such a thing could not be arranged for anything less than $100 million. And I would have to have time to prepare, because maximum security is no cake walk, and I could end up dead before release, and not be able to enjoy my money.