User Tag List

12 Last

Riva

Default The ten most memorable moments of your life.

The title has it all. The good and the bad, name the most memorable.

MBTI
    xxTP

When @Riva called me a fat polar bear.

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by Il Morto Che Parla View Post
    When @Riva called me a fat polar bear.
    I thought I called you a 'cute' chubby polar bear :p.
    Last edited by Riva; 09-12-2013 at 06:10 PM.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Good or bad?
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

MBTI
    xxTP

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    I thought I called you a cute' chubby' polar bear :p.
    I knew what you meant!Now I throw up after every meal. You Sri Lankan men are so cruel.

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by IndyAnnaJoan View Post
    Good or bad?
    Anything

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Why does no one else want to comment on this? I suppose I'll start it off.

1. Somehow, moving to the U.S. doesn't really register strongly with my memory. But the first time my family moved off base did. On the military base, I didn't notice any real cultural differences or racial differences. When I started my new school off of the base, I recall standing out like a sore thumb. Kids kept staring at me. Not many asians in Alabama. And all the black girls loved my hair and kept playing with it telling me how gorgeous it was. And this boy that sat next to me passed me a note: "Do you like me? Yes__ No__ Maybe__" I was mortified!

2. When I was roughly 4 years old, my mom and I were in the market place. She was looking at something and I was just observing different things, not really paying attention to my mom. A hand grabbed my own hand and we began to walk off. After several steps, I hear them say, "She's so pretty!" and someone took my other hand. I looked up to see an older woman and a young man holding my hands and not my mom. We didn't get too far before my mom came running up from behind and grabbed me. These two strangers tried to kidnap me. I think about that every once in a while and how different life could have turned out for me. This happened when I lived overseas, so there is absolutely no telling what was in store.

3. This one is from when I was older: the day my dad looked at me and chuckled, "You're so weird." And he gave me a hug. It was the moment I realize he accepted me just the way that I am. I had always felt a bit like the black sheep, and in my early twenties I started to feel estranged from my family and was never quite comfortable around them. Those emotions washed away with that hug.

4. Falling in love for the first time. Head over heels love. We had an instant connection. It was love at first site, and our humor was exactly the same and we felt so comfortable around each other. He was beautiful inside and out. And a few dates later, we had our first kiss. We stayed up all night, decided to go on a creepy walk through the woods, eventually found ourselves by the lake on the bench. It was cold and we huddled together to stay warm. I jokingly said I needed to keep my hands under his arm pits to stay warm. He thought it was hilarious and let me do it. The kiss was so soft. And magical.

5. The day we broke up. We fell out of love after 4-5 years. We had a long history of ups and downs. We grew together. Started when we were 18-19 and ended when we were 25. We both knew it was coming, but we both wanted to deny that it would end. We both kept insisting we'd eventually marry one another, and he even asked my dad for my hand in marriage. I was trying to be a better girlfriend and rekindle the fire. I started buying him gifts and on this particular day, I bought him a hat (which he still wears all the time, 3 years later.) We went out to eat and I gave him the hat. He loved it and put it on immediately. On the drive back home, maybe we got into a slight argument, I don't recall that portion quite well. But, just before he dropped me back off, we broke up. We still loved each other, but it felt less romantic. We weren't lovers anymore. And for so long he had felt like a soul mate. In fact, he still does. But we both agreed that we felt more like brother and sister than boyfriend and girlfriend. I was still upset that I was closing a chapter of my life. I got out of the car and slammed the door. I walked in my house and slammed that door, too. I proceeded past my concerned roommates and friends who were making pancakes and drinking beer, went down the hall to my room and then slammed that door, too. I sat on my bed in silence for 30 minutes. One of my roommates (the ISTJ male of all people) knocked on my door and asked in his best Fi-sympathizing tone, "You okay? Ya want some pancakes and beer?" It made me giggle a bit and I sighed and then agreed that I did. I came out and was fine. I didn't cry this time.

5. The first concert my sister and I went to. She won tickets to No Doubt on the radio. My dad drove us to the city. It was so amazing. No Doubt was one of my sisters and one of my favorite bands. We had fun, and on top of that, my sister and I really started to bond. We made it a habit, especially once I became of age to drive, to regularly spend our money on concert tickets. It became our thing: music. Music brought my sister and I close together. We always fought in our younger years. But we became best friends by going on these events together. During the summer months, we'd have a concert lined up almost every week. It was a great time.

6. The first time I got high... there were pills involved. I went into the craziest trip. I thought I died that night. My moves became repetitive and I couldn't stop myself. I felt like I had stepped into M.C. Eschers staircases. It was strange.

(I have to go to work now. But I'll complete this later.)
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Hmmm . . . Hard to do, but I'm old enough to maybe go by decade, one good thing and one bad thing for each plus two bonuses, but I won't start until age three because I don't remember anything much before that and I'm 43 now.

Decade 1:
    Bad: Mom telling my step-brother and I that she was divorcing my step-dad. I didn't care about my step-dad but I did care about my step-brother and was very upset at the thought of parting with him. Mom didn't actually divorce for a couple more years, but that pulled the rug out from under my childhood and it never quite grew back.
    Good: My second (that I remember) step-dad and I walking across town together on the Fourth of July and him lying to me that I was actually his child from when he and my mom dated in college. I didn't really believe him, but it was nice that he wanted me to feel like he wanted me.
    Bonus: The nice step-dad getting killed by a drunk driver. I don't even know how long I was in shock, I just know I felt like I was in a fog off and on for awhile.

Decade 2:
    Bad: My grandpa's sudden and unexpected decline in health. He went away to visit his daughter (he was my step-grandpa) and when he came back . . . well, the Grandpa I knew never came back. He was one of the most important people in my life. When he died it was almost anti-climactic, though still painful.
    Good: Meeting my husband, or rather talking to him for the first time beyond casual greetings. It was like meeting someone I'd always known for the first time and very surreal.

Decade 3:
    Bad: My third child being born with health problems and having to spend time in the NICU. We were very lucky and he recovered quickly, but for a few days we didn't know if he would make it. It was terrifying.
    Good: Meeting my dad. We still aren't what you'd call close, but we are, in ways, kindred spirits and him being my dad explains a lot about why I'm like I am.
    Bonus: Almost being homeless in a strange city with a baby and a fetus and/or my grandma dying.

Decade 4:
    Bad: My fourth child developing an aneurysmal bone cyst on his leg and having surgery to repair it. It turned out fine and he nothing more lasting than a scar, but it was very scary at the time because they didn't know if he would be permanently crippled.
    Good: My husband getting his first good paying job. It was an increase of $200/week and I thought we were rich.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

1. Going to school for the first time. I was in heaven. Learning and friends all day long!

2. Randomly going to 3rd grade at a public school. I went to a private school from k-12 except that year. I became friends with an Albanian girl who was in the country for that year only for surgery. We're still in contact. Also, it was the first time I ever felt like a social outcast. It was a really neat experience overall.

3. Driving home from a family vacation in a tornadic storm. I wanted to be a meteorologist as a kid and was obsessed with weather. It was terrifying.

4. My first kiss. I was crushing so hard on my 7th grade boyfriend, and still think that's the highest I've ever been on hormones in my life. I literally remember feeling like I was floating when we kissed during a slow song at a school dance.

5. Going to a rival high school. I decided to go to the rival high school of the one I was on track to go to (my elementary school had a high school too). I wanted a change, and was excited to make new friends and keep the old.

6. Being in my first play. I felt like I was at home.

7. Winning the battle of the bands. I was in a rock band with some guys when I was in high school. We won the battle of the bands in front of a crowd of hundreds of people with the only four songs we had written. We got to record them at a fancy studio, and it was so cool.

8. Being on a bus in the mountains in Mexico all by myself. I felt so free.

9. Meeting my husband. He drove me and two exchange students around Detroit so they could check out the city. I barely knew him, but he was so cool to us and we all had a great time.

10. Driving up the coast with wine buzzes on our honeymoon listening to Tennis smoking cigars that we bought at some crummy country gas station
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by nicolita View Post
    1. Going to school for the first time. I was in heaven. Learning and friends all day long!

2. Randomly going to 3rd grade at a public school. I went to a private school from k-12 except that year. I became friends with an Albanian girl who was in the country for that year only for surgery. We're still in contact. Also, it was the first time I ever felt like a social outcast. It was a really neat experience overall.

3. Driving home from a family vacation in a tornadic storm. I wanted to be a meteorologist as a kid and was obsessed with weather. It was terrifying.

4. My first kiss. I was crushing so hard on my 7th grade boyfriend, and still think that's the highest I've ever been on hormones in my life. I literally remember feeling like I was floating when we kissed during a slow song at a school dance.

5. Going to a rival high school. I decided to go to the rival high school of the one I was on track to go to (my elementary school had a high school too). I wanted a change, and was excited to make new friends and keep the old.

6. Being in my first play. I felt like I was at home.

7. Winning the battle of the bands. I was in a rock band with some guys when I was in high school. We won the battle of the bands in front of a crowd of hundreds of people with the only four songs we had written. We got to record them at a fancy studio, and it was so cool.

8. Being on a bus in the mountains in Mexico all by myself. I felt so free.

9. Meeting my husband. He drove me and two exchange students around Detroit so they could check out the city. I barely knew him, but he was so cool to us and we all had a great time.

10. Driving up the coast with wine buzzes on our honeymoon listening to Tennis smoking cigars that we bought at some crummy country gas station

You sound soooooooooooooooooooo ENFP it hurts.