User Tag List

123 Last

Enneagram
    9w8

Default Find Your Body Double

In another thread I mentioned that women's body shapes are classified into different categories and within each of those categories, there are variants. So, I thought it'd be fun to post the main categories and describe the subcategories briefly. Maybe, girls, if you haven't already, you'll identify your body. And, guys, well, who knows? Maybe, you'll find your body, too. haha....or one that you LIKE.

Okay, first category=Apple

Gals in this category tend to carry most of their weight in the middle and have thin-like arms and legs. Examples include, but are not limited to,

Drew-Barrymore-drew-barrymore-4143274-1600-1200.jpg, another example would be Rosie O'Donnell .xample of measurements might be 35-32-36 or 36-37-34. In a larger woman measurements might be something like 40-44-42.

Second category=Ruler

Gals in the category tend to have that straight up and down look. They usually have nice shoulders and long, slender arms. They can appear twingish or boyish when very thin or rectangular and boxy when they gain weight. An example of measurements might be 34-27-34 or 32-28-31.

Examples include:

Cameron_Diaz_002.jpg, another example: Gwenth Paltrow

***a lot of women become a heavy version of the ruler shape known as the rectangular shape when they put on weight.

Third category=Hourglass, women with this figure have basically the same measurements for their chest and hips, with the waist being at least ten inches smaller than both ends. For example, 35-25-35 would be an hourglass as would 34.5-23-35...measurements on either end are very close with a ten inch or more discrepancy at the waist. There is also what is known as an "almost" hourglass where a girl will have an 8-9 inch variation at the waist. So, we could call this a soft hourglass. Right off hand, I'm thinking Halle Berry falls into this category. [I may be wrong. I'll need to double check.]

Examples include:
    salma_hayek_01.jpg, another example: Jessica Alba

Fourth category=Pear; these ladies have their heaviest measurement at their hips and the difference between hips and bust/waist are quite noticeable in most outfits. An example of measurements might be something like 31-24-36 or 36-34-38. The bottom measurement will be several inches larger than the other two. These gals often have a small bust in comparison to their hips.

jennifer-lopez-se-apresenta-em-fortaleza-no-arte-music-festival-na-noite-de-sabado-o-festival-ta.jpg

More to come.....
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14

Enneagram
    9w8

Let's see now...who's next?

Um...oh, yeah, the inverted pear or the mushroom or the upside down triange...whatever you want to call it. Ladies in this category have wide shoulders and a heavy top in comparison to their bottom. In extreme cases, they can look like they're wearing shoulder pads all of the time.
    Inverted-Triangle-Celebrities-copy.jpg

I want to point out that no body shape is better than another. The purpose in learning your body shape is to know what fitness program benefits you most. Another purpose, if you like to look nice, is so you can dress it in the most flattering fashion. I seriously doubt that the structure of your body's make-up reflects your cognitive type.

Women of every shape can be gorgeous, if they keep their bodies toned.

Also, I want to point out that although we can tone our bodies, we can't alter the basic shape of them without surgical manipulation. However, hormonal imbalance, severe obesity and anorexia will alter a person's appearance drastically.
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

Enneagram
    9w8

Let's see now...who's next?

Um...oh, yeah, the inverted pear or the mushroom or the upside down triange...whatever you want to call it. Ladies in this category have wide shoulders and a heavy top in comparison to their bottom. In extreme cases, they can look like they're wearing shoulder pads all of the time.
    Inverted-Triangle-Celebrities-copy.jpg

I want to point out that no body shape is better than another. The purpose in learning your body shape is to know what fitness program benefits you most. Another purpose, if you like to look nice, is so you can dress it in the most flattering fashion. I seriously doubt that the structure of your body's make-up reflects your cognitive type.

Women of every shape can be gorgeous, if they keep their bodies toned.

Also, I want to point out that although we can tone our bodies, we can't alter the basic shape of them without surgical manipulation. However, hormonal imbalance, severe obesity and anorexia will alter a person's appearance drastically.

Oh, yeah, and one more thing: Within these basic categories a woman can either have a long torso, a short torso or an average torso. Her legs can either be exceptionally long, average, or short. If you have a short torso, regardless of body shape, then your legs will appear longer, but if you have a long torso, regardless of body shape, your legs will appear shorter.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

COLUMN: Slight waist, long legs, same width shoulders and hips
    LOLLIPOP: Big tits, slight waist, slim hips, long legs
    CORNET: Broad shoulders, small boobs, no waist, slim hips and long, slim legs
    GOBLET: Broad shoulders, big boobs, no waist, narrow hips, long legs

BRICK: Broad shoulders, no waist, average tummy, flat bum, chunky thighs and calves
    APPLE: Average tits, bigger tummy, flat bum, OK legs
    VASE: Big tits, gently curving longer waist, hips to match top half, slim thighs and legs
    HOURGLASS: Big tits, small and short waist, big hips, generous thighs
    CELLO: Big boobs, hip, bottom, and thighs, short waist, slim lower legs
    SKITTLE: Average tits, slim waist, OK tummy, big thighs, chunky calves
    PEAR: Small tits, long waist, Flat tummy, saddlebags, heavy legs
    BELL: Small shoulders, small tits, small and short waist, big thighs and bottom

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...ypes--you.html
    Picture examples here, pretty unflattering ones though

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Hourglass with a longer torso? I never know what I am really, but always go back to hourglass cuz I have big boobs, a small waist, and generous thighs. I do have pretty small hips though. I dunno!! When I put on weight it is pretty evenly distributed. Maybe a little more in my thighs than everywhere else.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

Enneagram
    9w8

An hourglass is easy to figure out. Torso length doesn't matter. Just measure you boobs and hips/thighs, if they are within one or two inches of each other and the smallest one is 9 or more inches larger than the waist, it's hour glass. [I think large thighs are considered a variation on the hour-glass and pear shapes]

Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by chana View Post
    COLUMN: Slight waist, long legs, same width shoulders and hips
    LOLLIPOP: Big tits, slight waist, slim hips, long legs
    CORNET: Broad shoulders, small boobs, no waist, slim hips and long, slim legs
    GOBLET: Broad shoulders, big boobs, no waist, narrow hips, long legs

BRICK: Broad shoulders, no waist, average tummy, flat bum, chunky thighs and calves
    APPLE: Average tits, bigger tummy, flat bum, OK legs
    VASE: Big tits, gently curving longer waist, hips to match top half, slim thighs and legs
    HOURGLASS: Big tits, small and short waist, big hips, generous thighs
    CELLO: Big boobs, hip, bottom, and thighs, short waist, slim lower legs
    SKITTLE: Average tits, slim waist, OK tummy, big thighs, chunky calves
    PEAR: Small tits, long waist, Flat tummy, saddlebags, heavy legs
    BELL: Small shoulders, small tits, small and short waist, big thighs and bottom

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...ypes--you.html
    Picture examples here, pretty unflattering ones though
    Thanks, Chana.

I had actually seen that website before, but had forgotten about it. I do think this website breaks the same categories down into further variations and somewhat differing names. For example, I'm thinking cello, cornet and bell are variations on the pear.

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Ene View Post
    An hourglass is easy to figure out. Torso length doesn't matter. Just measure you boobs and hips/thighs, if they are within one or two inches of each other and the smallest one is 9 or more inches larger than the waist, it's hour glass. [I think large thighs are considered a variation on the hour-glass and pear shapes]
    Thanks, Ene! They're about the same it turns out. So I guess I'm an hourglass after all. Lol I've been trying to figure that out for years.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

I have a hard time choosing my body shape.. Maybe a vase but my boobs aren't that big. I think I'm seen more as thin than curvy but I do have a small waist. Haven't taken my measurements in years either.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Im an hourglass, last I checked. Shopping is a nightmare as nothing ever fits. If the fit on the shoulders is good, the buttons won't close due to my chest and vice versa. And if it just fits, I look like I'm coming on to every man in the room.

Not to mention that most pants make me look pregnant on my stomach and like those twins from Alice in Wonderland on my thighs
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”