User Tag List

View Poll Results: have you ever bullied anyone as a kid?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • i'm an ESTJ & yes i have

2 4.55%
  • i'm an ESTJ & no i haven't

0 0%
  • i'm an ENTJ & yes i have

0 0%
  • i'm an ENTJ & no i haven't

1 2.27%
  • i'm an ESTP & yes i have

0 0%
  • i'm an ESTP & no i haven't

0 0%
  • i'm an ENTP & yes i have

1 2.27%
  • i'm an ENTP & no i haven't

0 0%
  • i'm an ESFJ & yes i have

0 0%
  • i'm an ESFJ & no i haven't

0 0%
  • i'm an ENFJ & yes i have

2 4.55%
  • i'm an ENFJ & no i haven't

0 0%
  • i'm an ESFP & yes i have

1 2.27%
  • i'm an ESFP & no i haven't

0 0%
  • i'm an ENFP & yes i have

1 2.27%
  • i'm an ENFP & no i haven't

3 6.82%
  • i'm an ISTJ & yes i have

0 0%
  • i'm an ISTJ & no i haven't

0 0%
  • i'm an INTJ & yes i have

0 0%
  • i'm an INTJ & no i haven't

4 9.09%
  • i'm an ISTP & yes i have

2 4.55%
  • i'm an ISTP & no i haven't

0 0%
  • i'm an INTP & yes i have

4 9.09%
  • i'm an INTP & no i haven't

2 4.55%
  • i'm an ISFJ & yes i have

0 0%
  • i'm an ISFJ & no i haven't

1 2.27%
  • i'm an INFJ & yes i have

4 9.09%
  • i'm an INFJ & no i haven't

2 4.55%
  • i'm an ISFP & yes i have

0 0%
  • i'm an ISFP & no i haven't

3 6.82%
  • i'm an INFP & yes i have

6 13.64%
  • i'm an INFP & no i haven't

5 11.36%
First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Honor View Post
    I'm impressed that Rasofy is willing to admit that he's been on both sides.
    People should learn to recognize their shortcomings in order to evolve.

"Once a <whatever>, always a <whatever>" is usually a fallacy.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    People should learn to recognize their shortcomings in order to evolve.

"Once a <whatever>, always a <whatever>" is usually a fallacy.
    I could not agree more. It's a sure sign of an evolved person. Many people can't bear to admit they have flaws at all, let alone try to address them.
    RobertCalifornia: TL thinks im black
    RobertCalifornia: shes my homegurl
    Hive: arent you
    SpankyMcfly: wait... you arent?

thoughtlost: I am not really religious. I just like getting free stuff from churches.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Yes. I didn't mean to be malicious at the time. Just thought I was being funny and making my friends laugh. But it was bullying.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

No. I couldn't do it. I went through some extreme bullying and I couldn't bring myself to do it to anyone else. When I got older, I could be quite ugly while trading slaps if I felt it was getting personal and hurt people. Still kinda ashamed of overreacting like that.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Yeah. More from a lack of tact than anything. I'd be in the middle of laughing at something stupid that my friend had done, and then realized how hurt they looked. Or I'd only realized after I was playfully roughhousing with someone, that they hadn't taken it as playful, and legitimately felt threatened.

I got better about this as I got older, and now I'm probably way on the other end of the spectrum, i.e. too careful about not hurting people's feelings.

(Don't get me wrong. I was a good kid. But I also was in the principal's office at least once per school year. Edit: Also I'm referring primarily to kindergarten through third or fourth grade.)
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

Society

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    I've been on both ends.

I don't think many people can say they've never bullied. Last person I heard saying that used to call a fat colleague by a nickname with blatant bully conotations.
    yep

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Yes, I have, and I'm not proud of it, especially since I received the other end of it quite a bit.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Yes, I bullied two people specifically.

One was when I was about 7-8 and I was always on the fringe anyhow at school, but there was one boy who rubbed me the wrong way for reasons I couldn't really explain. I used to bait him into fighting me physically all the time, I was disgusting really.

But I just stopped as I got older and I ended up becoming quite good friends with him instead although I haven't seen him for a few years now. Maybe I realised he was as much on the fringe as I was.

The second was when I was in my teens, I'd say around 14, a boy who was actually very quiet and quite pleasant to be around, I would hazard he was an IFP type.

Now at this school I was always bullied verbally by the group, as usual I had no corner or ally. However in reaction I pathetically picked on this boy instead in exactly the same manner in a transference parody of what was being done to me.

Until one day he just turned to me and said: "Why do you pick on me?"

I'll admit at the time the question caught me off guard and hit me pretty hard. So it made me realise in an awakening moment exactly what I was doing. It didn't matter that there was no group to back me up as I had rationalised, it was bullying, plain and simple and it was the most pathetic and insideous type.

I just replied, suddenly seeing clearly for once: "Because I'm a weak person.....sorry"

I actually pretty much stopped right there and ended up being, once again, his friend until we both finished secondary school and wen't our own ways.

I cannot recall much more beyond that, there may be more incidents and I'll post them if they come back to me. I think I spent more time on the end of it since then.

But those two times were important ones to galvanize change inside myself. I apologised to them, but....that doesn't make a damn bit of difference. The emptiness of my own words was never more exposed to me than in those incidents.

I'm glad I met them for the insights and the hypocrisy they showed me about myself. I should have been friends with them from the start, they were similar to me in many ways.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

I've never bullied anyone but I have experienced first hand the ways in which power corrupts, I went to a school full of behaviourally challenged people and they made a lot of the kids likely to behave like bullies into hall monitors, myself included, and there was a wave of really authoritarian behaviour, people would just clear the halls or break up fights or manage behaviour with a striaght on physically overpowering approach, totally judge dredd, instead of asking anyone, reasoning with anyone, seeking to persuade anyone of anything.

I think that whole schooling experience and context gave me an authoritarian mindset which it took me two or three years to fully dispense with.

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

I really thought about this a lot before I responded to the poll. I honestly can't think of a time when I might have bullied someone. I've always felt defensive of people who were bullied. Even when a friend of mine would bully someone, I'd still stick up or them. The absolute used in the question made me hesitant, but I still put no. I've got plenty of other sins an shortcomings, though.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.