User Tag List

View Poll Results: have you ever bullied anyone as a kid?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • i'm an ESTJ & yes i have

2 4.55%
  • i'm an ESTJ & no i haven't

0 0%
  • i'm an ENTJ & yes i have

0 0%
  • i'm an ENTJ & no i haven't

1 2.27%
  • i'm an ESTP & yes i have

0 0%
  • i'm an ESTP & no i haven't

0 0%
  • i'm an ENTP & yes i have

1 2.27%
  • i'm an ENTP & no i haven't

0 0%
  • i'm an ESFJ & yes i have

0 0%
  • i'm an ESFJ & no i haven't

0 0%
  • i'm an ENFJ & yes i have

2 4.55%
  • i'm an ENFJ & no i haven't

0 0%
  • i'm an ESFP & yes i have

1 2.27%
  • i'm an ESFP & no i haven't

0 0%
  • i'm an ENFP & yes i have

1 2.27%
  • i'm an ENFP & no i haven't

3 6.82%
  • i'm an ISTJ & yes i have

0 0%
  • i'm an ISTJ & no i haven't

0 0%
  • i'm an INTJ & yes i have

0 0%
  • i'm an INTJ & no i haven't

4 9.09%
  • i'm an ISTP & yes i have

2 4.55%
  • i'm an ISTP & no i haven't

0 0%
  • i'm an INTP & yes i have

4 9.09%
  • i'm an INTP & no i haven't

2 4.55%
  • i'm an ISFJ & yes i have

0 0%
  • i'm an ISFJ & no i haven't

1 2.27%
  • i'm an INFJ & yes i have

4 9.09%
  • i'm an INFJ & no i haven't

2 4.55%
  • i'm an ISFP & yes i have

0 0%
  • i'm an ISFP & no i haven't

3 6.82%
  • i'm an INFP & yes i have

6 13.64%
  • i'm an INFP & no i haven't

5 11.36%
First 1234 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    oh yeah!!?? just watch me steal those cool shades and headphones lil yoda boy!! you'll be left just a tuneless and un awsm lil 3 ft tall punk!!
    Powerful you have become, the dark side I sense in you.

MBTI
    INTP

Yes, certainly as a young boy and even in middle-school while being the victim of extensive bullying myself (I still feel guilty about that one, and it comes to mind whenever I notice bullying around me-I suppose you could say that experience had the paradoxical effect of making me a better person, eventually).

Depending on how broadly you interpret it, of course, everyone is guilty; peer pressure (for either 'positive' or 'negative' ends) is an integral aspect of human socialization, and that usually contains an element of bullying.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i know some people have mentioned that some on this forum have bullied others in certain threads...i was probably included in that group a few times...but i never saw it that way

i don't think arguing with someone is the same as bullying...even if a group happens to hold a similar view and all speak up to someone about it.

but if it makes someone happy to expand the definition to fit that than that's fine with me. i don't care but i don't see it that way either.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    Powerful you have become, the dark side I sense in you.
    cool...and don't you forget it! and next time i'm taking that robe...and i'll be needing a sandwich!
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

ndovjtjcaqidthi

I was bullied a few times in elementary and middle school. Not much, though. I learned quickly to avoid those people and how to not draw negative attention to myself. I hate people/bullies.

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

No. I was bullied a lot, but also would not tolerate abuse of other kids around me. I got beat up a lot because of this. That's what Fi does. It gives you freedom because ethics are no longer ambiguous, but it obligates as well because being ghe only person willing to suffer for the right action can be painful.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    I've been on both ends.

I don't think many people can say they've never bullied. Last person I heard saying that used to call a fat colleague by a nickname with blatant bully conotations.

As kids, we tend to mimick a lot of behaviors without moral considerations.
    I agree, I think most people have been bullied on more than one occasion in their life.

I never bullied anyone as a kid. I was the goody two shoes, teacher's pet type literally all the way until I was 18. It was never in me to bully anyone. The nice thing about being "that" kid (despite a few serious cons) is that when people try to pick on you, they get put back in place by nearby authority figures. Plus, if you have a lot of friends who have your back, people tend to leave you alone anyway, figuring that bullying tactics won't work.

As an adult, I stand up for myself before standing up for anyone else, but I would never go looking for any vulnerable people to victimize. The thought makes me want to throw up. Interestingly, some of the biggest bullies I know perceive themselves as very much selfless and in service of others, though. So, how seriously can you really take anyone's perception of themselves? I'm impressed that Rasofy is willing to admit that he's been on both sides.
    RobertCalifornia: TL thinks im black
    RobertCalifornia: shes my homegurl
    Hive: arent you
    SpankyMcfly: wait... you arent?

thoughtlost: I am not really religious. I just like getting free stuff from churches.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so

Quote Originally Posted by Saudade View Post
    I was bullied a few times in elementary and middle school. Not much, though. I learned quickly to avoid those people and how to not draw negative attention to myself. I hate people/bullies.
    Yup! You learn quickly what behaviors will draw that kind of attention to you. Wait, you hate all people?! I thought we were friends!
    RobertCalifornia: TL thinks im black
    RobertCalifornia: shes my homegurl
    Hive: arent you
    SpankyMcfly: wait... you arent?

thoughtlost: I am not really religious. I just like getting free stuff from churches.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i only remember one instance and i think i was in like 1st grade and at this school for a short while where lil white girls were the minority and some older black girls were being all shitty to me in the bathroom...but that was so long ago and my memory isn't so great...i just remember feeling intimidated and confused.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    i don't think arguing with someone is the same as bullying...even if a group happens to hold a similar view and all speak up to someone about it.
    I don't think that's sufficient to characterize 'bullying', either; it would have to include some element of a.) speaking up for the purpose of building up one's self-esteem or social position by tearing down someone else and/or b.) conveying an implicit threat of punishing continued disagreement with social ostracism outside of the context of that argument. Again, all of this is inherent to our psychological make-up as a social species and is usually necessary to achieve any desirable social end, I just think its worth recognizing it for what it (partially) is, and to reflect on exactly which social ends are worth the emotional costs of participation in such peer pressure, and to what degree.