User Tag List

First 5678 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    I used to friend everyone because it was fun to see the variety on my front page. Then I took a break and unfriended almost everyone so that I had less desire to post while I Got Stuff Done.

Now that I am back sort of I find that I am too lazy to re-friend people unless they are kind enough to start the process for me. And even on that score I am being a bit more choosy on whom I am accepting.
    Roughly speaking the same goes for me. I unfriended you before you could unfriend me.

I found myself looking at "friend" posts almost exclusively, so I unfriended everyone late last autumn. I thought not having the easy source to my friends' posts (my "home" page) might encourage me to read what everyone else had to say. It turned out I didn't like what anyone else had to say so I just left entirely, and at the time I thought I wouldn't come back. At least I didn't really see much point in coming back.

But I did. And now that I'm 'back' I'm in no hurry to 'refriend' anyone, assuming they'd be my 'friend' at all anymore. A few people have sent me friend requests in the last three months or so and I've rejected them all. Nothing personal, chums. I figure the only thing I'm missing is a few people's 'walls', which I find kind of pointless. If anyone really wants to talk they can send me a PM, or (*gasp*) reply to my posts.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    I just noticed your spelling.. All I'm picturing now is some new Harry Potter ending where Voldemort resigns himself to working in a 7/11 convenience store, eventually purchasing the business & renaming it..
    OMG. I can't believe I butchered that.

But yeah -- "Come on down to VoldeMart -- twofer one on cheap wands this week!!"
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    OMG. I can't believe I butchered that.

But yeah -- "Come on down to VoldeMart -- twofer one on cheap wands this week!!"
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

The Weasels and Stoats and Halla

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    I like how you've sidestepped my main question of you, that being "What gives YOU the right to judge ANYONE?" - and chose instead to reply with delusional psycho-babble.

How original, Mole.

Ratty would eat Toad.
    Badger would eat Ratty.
    The cheap and the low who took to the high ground would trap Badger, boil him alive in a pot, and make a cheap stew to feed their village idiot for a few days in order to keep the good food for themselves, yet not sink to the level of denying the village idiot's humanity.
    Group think would quickly be reduced to might is right" and as each day passed fewer and fewer would uphold the categorical imperative of duty.
    The mugs running riot would be stopped quickly enough since dealing with such ilk is a lot easier in the absence of law and order.
    The New Age won't rot people's brains; they will be focused on survival and quickly be reinvigorated.
    So, there is no loss of savor in anything - just the absence of Badger, Ratty and Toad.
    It is with little shock we realise, Halla, you have gone over to the Weasels and Stoats.

So along with Toad we read and weep -

`Stroll quietly down to Toad Hall?' cried the Rat, greatly excited. `What are you talking about? Do you mean to say you haven't HEARD?'

`Heard what?' said Toad, turning rather pale. `Go on, Ratty! Quick! Don't spare me! What haven't I heard?'

`Do you mean to tell me,' shouted the Rat, thumping with his little fist upon the table, `that you've heard nothing about the Stoats and Weasels?'

What, the Wild Wooders?' cried Toad, trembling in every limb. `No, not a word! What have they been doing?'

`--And how they've been and taken Toad Hall?' continued the Rat.

Toad leaned his elbows on the table, and his chin on his paws; and a large tear welled up in each of his eyes, overflowed and splashed on the table, plop! plop!

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I wasn't sure if that's what it was; and I didn't want my comments to be read as me trying to solicit any, as that wasn't my intent.

But thanks.
    Oh solicit, solicit, solicit and I will shower you in compliments.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

WEDGIES

Basically I friend someone if we've interacted a while and I like them and I remember that we can friend people on here.

While I am very, very fond of many members here, and feel like I have a special connection with a few, I enjoy the distance from reality on the interwebz because I can come here and basically just talk about anything without worrying about the consequences of it. So I don't really think about it too much, honestly. There are a few people who I'd be willing to meet IRL, maybe, if I ever got the courage and desire up, but for the most part "friends" on here to me are "ooh I like this person!".

Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon
    Since when are there cool people on the internet?
    Right?! I kind of assume we're all nerds here.

I also notice in myself that I think in a far less "cliquey" manner than I used to... I used to worry about who was in the "inner circle", who was popular, etc... Now I really don't think about it and really don't care. I suspect that's partially me not being a teenager anymore (no offense to any teens on here, who may well be more socially mature than I was), and partially realizing that someone being popular isn't an indicator that they are a person I actually will enjoy spending time around.

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    Right?! I kind of assume we're all nerds here.

I also notice in myself that I think in a far less "cliquey" manner than I used to... I used to worry about who was in the "inner circle", who was popular, etc... Now I really don't think about it and really don't care. I suspect that's partially me not being a teenager anymore (no offense to any teens on here, who may well be more socially mature than I was), and partially realizing that someone being popular isn't an indicator that they are a person I actually will enjoy spending time around.
    Yeah, I moved a ton growing up, so I was always the Weird/Quiet NewKid.. I've never been one for cliques IRL- so I mean, the internet/forum's the same to me. Another 'place' to hang out. I'm pretty reserved, but when I'm involved in a social setting of interest, I tend to pick up new friends/interesting acquaintances easily. I just float between a lot of separate groups of friends/ friends of friends, etc. I try to stay under the radar of people who subscribe to a petty sense of social hierarchy- it just has no value to me. It's put me on unsteady terms between several people on a few occasions [irl], as [their perceptions of] my "loyalty as a friend" was questioned. Apparently thinking for yourself/not blindly "taking sides" is frowned upon in very um.. cliquey cliques. Their problem, though. That said, I'm not sure some people grow out of that mindset, to some degree. It's just part of their sense of identity, almost. To each their own, I guess. /shrug
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by Poimandres View Post
    What!? You cired because Marmie, I repeat, Marmie was mad at you? Gosh, that's insane!
    i need to not be sarcastic in writing...
    'i cried for a week'='i thought it was funny'

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    WEDGIES

I never gave you a wedgie, did I? I don't remember doing so.

Or did you give me a wedgie, thus initiating our friendship?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

I haven't got any friends on here

I tend to take a long time to get to know people IRL. For example I've been working at my current employer for 4 years and there's no one there that knows the real me (probably for the best though).

I'd like to make a few friends on here but I think at this stage it would be a little presumptuous to friend someone.

May be I should 'put myself out there' a little more.