User Tag List

Default How do you find things to talk about?

During those moments that I do want to talk, I keep noticing that I don't have much to say or talk about around others. How do you find things to talk about that won't bore both of you out of your minds?

::dodges random misogynist accusation::

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Start small. I know there's a lot of crap talked about small talk, but it's great for opening up a conversation. If all goes well, something more substantial will grow out of the conversation's mundane beginnings, and you aren't plagued with dropping a heavy, topically specific, questionably mutually interesting topic on some poor unassuming person.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

violaine

INTJ BF and I are not into boring small talk and we talk all the time. We usually find ourselves talking about whatever each of us has read or been listening to, (podcasts, courses). We talk about our plans for the future a lot - where we want to be in five years in all facets of our lives.

We also usually have a few silly little games going on. We have lots of inside jokes and a lot of our conversation involves quizzing each other about things. He is pretty competitive and I guess he has brought something like that out in me - we end up having really good conversations around the reasons why we arrived at an answer. When we were first getting to know each other, we mostly stuck to little discourses on our own areas of expertise.

Ratchet Ass Moon Fairy Comeback Girl's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    2w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    yolo Ni

Just look around and see if there's something surrounding you you can talk about. Or if you already know that person, check if there's some catching up to do. I often start a conversation with telling about something that happened to me or someone else.

Also, if that doesn't work, try MDMA. Okay, jk.
    Ewww is the new sexy

Hi! Ask me things, maybe I'll answer them! Just click here

And here's my functions: Se-Te-Fi-Fe-Ni-Ti-Ne-Si

Permabanned

I don't think my thoughts, I say my thoughts.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

"Oh look at the time, it's a fascinating concept of reality to notice differences in the past, present and future." Works every time.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by CapLawyer View Post
    During those moments that I do want to talk, I keep noticing that I don't have much to say or talk about around others. How do you find things to talk about that won't bore both of you out of your minds?

::dodges random misogynist accusation::
    Read more. We talk about books we're reading, things we find online, news..whatever.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.