User Tag List

First 67891018 Last

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacuss View Post
    my my. Aren't you supposed to be intuitive? I'll go get my "logic" repaired if you learn the pitfalls of literalism.
    For a supposed INTP, you miss a lot of jokes.
    I 100%, N 88%, T 88%, J 75%

Disclaimer: The above is my opinion and mine alone, it does not mean I cannot change my mind, nor does it guarantee that my comments are related to any deep-seated convictions. Take everything I say with a whole snowplow worth of salt and call me in the morning, if you can.

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    A more interesting question is, how much do you tip the valet on your way out?

I fully expect people to lie their asses off here.
    I never use valet parking. If I can't self-park, I don't go... It just frightens me too much.

Disclaimer: The above is my opinion and mine alone, it does not mean I cannot change my mind, nor does it guarantee that my comments are related to any deep-seated convictions. Take everything I say with a whole snowplow worth of salt and call me in the morning, if you can.

MBTI
    xNTP

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    I never use valet parking. If I can't self-park, I don't go... It just frightens me too much.
    Seriously?

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by JustDave View Post
    Seriously?
    Yes.

I rarely go places with valet parking, but when I do, I still park myself, even if it means a bit of a walk... It usually isn't even that expensive, either (except at the airport), but I still can't bring myself to do it.

MBTI
    xNTP

Yes.

I rarely go places with valet parking, but when I do, I still park myself, even if it means a bit of a walk...
    Me too. I hate valet parking and only let them park my car when all other "practical" options have been exhausted.

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

As sad as this may seem, I once paid more to park in a dirt lot (and walked a number of blocks, on top of that) than I would have for valet parking...

MBTI
    yupp

tipping for resteraunts I try to tip between 15-20% cabs I just add a couple extra dollars to the fair as cabs here are never more then 10$ at least for me (unless you get one to o'hare but I also have to give myself 3 + hours to get the airport from my place which is why I prefer midway, though if I have luggage I add an extra dollar for each piece of luggage. One time I had come back from home and got a cab from union station which is about a 5$ cab ride (a little under actually) the guy actually carried my bags in and all so I actually gave him a huge tip for that I would have asked for a few dollars back but he actually got out of his cab and carried the bags inside the building so I pretty much didn't ask for any back and told him to keep it. One of these bags was over 45 pounds, I mean he could have done what most cab drivers do is get my bags out of the trunk and leave it on the sidewalk. I can't say about valet as I don't drive, but for coat check I usually do about a dollar.

tipping is just customary that it really doesn't bother me, the only thing I don't like is figuring out the tip, as I suck at math. If I'm with friends I usually ask one of them too figure out my tip. I have been tempted to ask the waiter, but I don't know what they'd say to that.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    xNTP

As sad as this may seem, I once paid more to park in a dirt lot (and walked a number of blocks, on top of that) than I would have for valet parking...
    I admire your commitment.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

For a supposed INTP, you miss a lot of jokes.
    No, I am laughing heartily, in fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    It irritates me to see people bitching about a 15% tip. It's standard. Especially since here, at least, everyone except bartenders make at least minimum wage (I do realize waiters make less in the US), so with tips the waiters make a lot more than me for a less skilled job. Not that I'm bitter or anything....
    Yes, it is sometimes the case that they make a decent income - better than you would expect for their skill/formal education level. I can't universalize this, but, when i did people's taxes, I noticed that the waitresses made quite a bit more than almost all other "low wage" clients. They all decided to go do the returns themselves because they did not plan to declare the tip income (most of which was cash, so the IRS was out of luck).
    Ti (43); Ne (41.8); Te (33.7); Fi (30.5); Ni (27.5); Se (24.7); Si (21.5); Fe (17.3)
    The More You Know the Less You Need. - Aboriginal Saying

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

Reading that link, apparently I do it wrong - I tip on the after-tax total.