User Tag List

First 3456715 Last

MBTI
    INXP

I punch waiters. It's become a penchant of mine.
    http://badges.mypersonality.info/badge/0/6/68764.png
    Ti Ne Fi Ni

-How beautiful, this pale Endymion hour.
    -What are you talking about?
    -Endymion, my dear. A beautiful youth possessed by the moon.
    -Well, forget about him and get to bed.
    -Yes, my dear.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    Your waitstaff need to eat and live here/there, too..
    huh? On this "reasoning", why stop at 30%, then? Give them 50%! Just hand over your wallet, if you really want to be efficient. Mi dinero es su dinero and all.
    Quote Originally Posted by colmena View Post
    I punch waiters. It's become a penchant of mine.

j/k people. settle down.
    Ti (43); Ne (41.8); Te (33.7); Fi (30.5); Ni (27.5); Se (24.7); Si (21.5); Fe (17.3)
    The More You Know the Less You Need. - Aboriginal Saying

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacuss View Post
    huh? On this "reasoning", why stop at 30%, then? Give them 50%! Just hand over your wallet, if you really want to be efficient. Mi dinero es su dinero and all.
    Your logic is severely broken. I recommend you schedule a trip to the repair shop before irreversible damage is done.
    I 100%, N 88%, T 88%, J 75%

Disclaimer: The above is my opinion and mine alone, it does not mean I cannot change my mind, nor does it guarantee that my comments are related to any deep-seated convictions. Take everything I say with a whole snowplow worth of salt and call me in the morning, if you can.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    We don't tip in this country. Frankly, I find the practice vaguely offensive to my egalitarian sensibilities. Rewarding people for effective fawning? Punishing them for insufficient fawning? Fuck that. Small wonder wealthy Americans tend to think so highly of themselves.
    The good thing about the tipping system is that you are paid more for doing more work and less for doing less work. And it isn't a fawning thing. I mean, really...if it were I wouldn't be a waiter. It's like the capitalist ideal. If you want a good tip, then you'll give good service.

Concerning the profiling of tippers, yeah, I think most people here do it to some extent. But it it's right 90% of the time. Regardless, though, we still give good service on the off chance that they will tip well. If someone really wants to get that good of service, they should leave a good enough tip for me to remember them.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

MBTI
    ISTx

All depends on the service. I'll tip well, if I see fit.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    Your logic is severely broken. I recommend you schedule a trip to the repair shop before irreversible damage is done.
    my my. Aren't you supposed to be intuitive? I'll go get my "logic" repaired if you learn the pitfalls of literalism.
    Ti (43); Ne (41.8); Te (33.7); Fi (30.5); Ni (27.5); Se (24.7); Si (21.5); Fe (17.3)
    The More You Know the Less You Need. - Aboriginal Saying

MBTI
    ISTx

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

A more interesting question is, how much do you tip the valet on your way out?

I fully expect people to lie their asses off here.
    "We grow up thinking that´╗┐ beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are´╗┐ easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of´╗┐ a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    If you want a good tip, then you'll give good service.
    This is where it falls apart. Servers need to respect the restaurant and its service, not the money. The process needs to be managed that way in order to cultivate quality of service. A better scenario would be compensating staff properly in the first place, rather than passing operating expenses directly on to the customer in an underhanded "by the way" manner. American restauranteurs have successfully managed to fairly compensate their staff by shaming their customers into standardized tipping.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Jive A Turkey View Post
    This is where it falls apart. Servers need to respect the restaurant and its service, not the money. The process needs to be managed that way in order to cultivate quality of service. A better scenario would be compensating staff properly in the first place, rather than passing operating expenses directly on to the customer in an underhanded "by the way" manner. American restauranteurs have successfully managed to fairly compensate their staff by shaming their customers into standardized tipping.
    But if they paid their servers more, their prices would be higher, so customers would still pay. With this business model, there are incentives for servers to perform well.
    "We grow up thinking that´╗┐ beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are´╗┐ easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of´╗┐ a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."