User Tag List

First 81617181920 Last

MBTI
    XNXP

I usually tip 15 percent, and someone has to really screw up not to get it. I know they depend on it. So, this helps people who are at the mercy of the kitchen or mgt. rules that had intentions of giving better service but weren't able to do so through no fault of theirs, but it also rewards people who bring me the food after a long wait or otherwise displease. However I don't require much besides the minimum. Give me a pitcher of water instead of hovering around. Besides delivering the food, I don't want to see someone visiting me, and certainly not constantly asking me for a response about "Everything OK?" while my mouth is full. I want to be able to catch the waiter/waittresses eye when they are between tables without much difficulty, but I don't want them coming to me unless so signaled.
    "The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them that they are being attacked and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."
    Reichsfuhrer Herman Goering at the Nuremburg trials.

MBTI
    INXP

Tipping threads merged

(I'm expecting $10 for that service )

Banned
    MBTI
    type

*stiffs Geoff for unfriendliness*

Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so

Boooooo! -_-

j/k, but seriously _-_
    You can't always do it right, you can always do what's left.

Thoughts rearrange. Familiar now strange. All my skin is drifting on the wind.~

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by AwesomeCakes View Post
    Boooooo! -_-

j/k, but seriously _-_
    I admire thee.

MBTI
    INXP

Quote Originally Posted by AwesomeCakes View Post
    Boooooo! -_-

j/k, but seriously _-_
    I guess that means I'm not getting a tip!? Less clutter! Same thread! All discussions in the same place! Oh well..

Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so

It's all good hun
    You can't always do it right, you can always do what's left.

Thoughts rearrange. Familiar now strange. All my skin is drifting on the wind.~

MBTI
    INFP

One of my first jobs was as a waitress. I totally sucked at it. Too people-oriented, not thing-oriented enough. Distraction, clumsiness.

Every Sunday a young couple would bring their numerous unruly children in to splurge on a chicken dinner. By the time they'd leave there would be chicken bones and crumbs all over the table and floor. They would have sent me back to the kitchen a half dozen times, the whole waitstaff's nightmare thing.

And they would so very kindly leave me two cents on the table.

I once knew a waiter who chased some customers into the parking lot to demand a tip. He told them that it was automatically taken out of his income tax. Amazing.

This idea of pooling waitstaff's tips and doling them out equally plays havoc in a restaurant community.

So. They tip cows in Germany too? It's great juvenile Saturday night fun here on the prairie. The cows disagree.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Anja View Post
    I once knew a waiter who chased some customers into the parking lot to demand a tip. He told them that it was automatically taken out of his income tax. Amazing.
    This actually reminds me of an important point, though. At all of the restraunts I've worked at we have had to tip out based on the amount we sold, rather than the amount we got tipped. This means that whenever someone doesn't tip us, it's more than not getting paid. We actually LOSE money.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

MBTI
    INFP

I think a lot of the paying public doesn't know this.

My daughter is a chef. So If I get an especially tasty and special meal I'll send a compliment with a tip back to the kitchen.

I don't know if this is poor form or not. And I am not sure that the chef gets it, restaurant politics being the rugged game that it is.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer