User Tag List

First 41213141516 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    How could you even live in Los Angeles on less than that (the amount Carebear mentioned)?
    Beats me. I guess I'm not extravagant.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    I've found that rich people are no more or less likely to be generous than anyone else. It's just that it's more glaring when they aren't because somehow it's more expected that they'll spread the love.
    Thanks, that's what I was trying to say earlier but it came out ass backwards.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

But then you're going to pay more for your meal anyway because labor costs will make them raise the menu prices.
    Like you don't already.

Besides it stops air heads tipping too little and it also helps out those who feel compelled to tip too much.

Also it would be so nice to actually walk into some of those places and get the feeling that people would be nice to you even if you didn't just put some money in their pockets.
    Hah! I typically tip $1 a drink in Vegas, plus a $5 chip at the end if I've been a winner.
    Considering we're more used to not getting much change from about $15 for those drinks we thought that $5 was perfectly acceptible. Personally I hope she got the lot too.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

Beats me. I guess I'm not extravagant.
    Maybe housing is cheaper up there... I suppose roommates and not driving might help, too.
    I 100%, N 88%, T 88%, J 75%

Disclaimer: The above is my opinion and mine alone, it does not mean I cannot change my mind, nor does it guarantee that my comments are related to any deep-seated convictions. Take everything I say with a whole snowplow worth of salt and call me in the morning, if you can.

Oberon

I typically tip 20 percent.

MBTI
    yupp

My friends tip low, I don't know why but I tend to over tip. The other day I took a cab to union station cost 6.25 and I didn't have any coins and thought 1.75 was too little so I just gave an extra dollar. It's interesting before I gave the guy the tip he didn't really help me with my bags (I had luggage) and then he came out and helped me after this. I don't know how big of a tip that is though.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I typically tip 30 to 40% on a bill, though I don't really tend to eat at expensive restraunts. If the waitress is really really terrible and unappologetic I have been known to leave a slip of paper that says- be nicer... as a tip

Of course that means awful to the point of bringing you the wrong food (and meaning something that you really don't want to eat!) and telling you to deal with it when you inform her politely of this- and forgetting to ask if you want a drink refill!

And on who usually tips and who doesn't- I drove the airport shuttle fairly commonly before I broke my leg, and it's a job where you receive tips (hauling people's luggage in and out of the shuttle for them and such) Usually the shittier the car the person drove, the more likely they were to tip you- those who drove really expensive cars almost never tip, and when they do it's something like a dollar or so Of course they're the ones who have a ton of heavy luggage to carry as well.
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Oberon

Whatevs! Where ya been?!?

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

working 70 hours a week... and playing the tipping game!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

When you're hypnotoad, do you really need to tip?
    I 100%, N 88%, T 88%, J 75%

Disclaimer: The above is my opinion and mine alone, it does not mean I cannot change my mind, nor does it guarantee that my comments are related to any deep-seated convictions. Take everything I say with a whole snowplow worth of salt and call me in the morning, if you can.