User Tag List

First 91011121321 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    WORD. I don't mind valet if it's a city where there's really nowhere to park. But I don't like it if I'm capable of parking. And I HATE bathroom attendants. They make me feel so awkward. They had one at the House of Blues when we went there recently, which I thought was odd. I don't think of the HOB as being upscale.
    Heh. I don't think of bathroom attendants as upscale. They get the homeless people to do it at our state fair. (And they do a fine job.)
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    This would probably lead to extremely prompt service and a nice tip!
    Unfortunately no, it seemed to lead to him spazzing out and walking around in circles not knowing where he was. And bringing orders to the wrong tables.

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    maybe he wasn't on meth?
    Crack, then?
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    Unfortunately no, it seemed to lead to him spazzing out and walking around in circles not knowing where he was. And bringing orders to the wrong tables.

Crack, then?
    no, my point is I get mistaken for doing drugs but I don't do drugs anymore especially if I have to be around people as in the past they have led me to panic attacks. Maybe he was just neurotic. and I have never done crack or meth.

Maybe he was on something.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Heh. I don't think of bathroom attendants as upscale. They get the homeless people to do it at our state fair. (And they do a fine job.)
    Haha! Well, I just meant "upscale" in the sense of "the clientele has a bunch of extra money lying around that they want to give to someone who hands them a paper towel."
    Something Witty

Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    WORD. I don't mind valet if it's a city where there's really nowhere to park. But I don't like it if I'm capable of parking. And I HATE bathroom attendants. They make me feel so awkward. They had one at the House of Blues when we went there recently, which I thought was odd. I don't think of the HOB as being upscale.
    What's worse is the homeless person who stands in empty spaces and starts waving wildly as if they were holding that special space just for you. And then the threats of bashing your windows in or pissing on your car if you don't tip.:rolli:

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I know what you mean.. I can visualize an "upscale" bathroom attendant, but my actual experience with them is about as lowbrow as it gets.

I do tip the bathroom attendants at the fair, mainly because I have been going every year since I was born and I remember how gross the bathrooms would get before they had this attendant program in place. They pretty much sparkle now. But the attendants do a lot more than hand out paper towels.

As for tipping in restaurants, I have a phobia of being a snob so I assuage my middle-class guilt by tipping well. I'm not trying to be haughty about that.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    I feel the same way. I kind of resent valet parking, because it seems like just a way to get a few more bucks out of you and to feed the inner big shot in people that are so inclined. It reminds me of those guys in the men's rooms of fancy restaurants that expect a buck to hand you a paper towel. When I'm already paying a premium to eat at a nice place, I don't need to be handing out money for a bunch of things I can easily handle myself.
    What if there's no place to park within a quarter mile? What if your wife is pregnant? What if it's pouring down rain or the wind chill is -40?
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Oh, now I remember, we did valet park once at the ER when my son had a seizure. Actually my husband did the valet thing, I rode over in the ambulance earlier. Which would have been cool if I had not been scared out of my mind. I don't remember the paying part though, he took care of it.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    I fail to see the problem. It's not like high-end restaurants would pay servers $300 for a night at their own expense. Servers benefit from the arrangement.
    I'm not saying that persons should refrain from working in higher paid positions--if a server can obtain one of those positions, then more power to him. I'm saying that the tipping system we (U.S. citizens) have in place fosters inequality. It takes neither merit nor justice into account, and, in this sense, it is irrational.

Why is 15% standard? What makes 20% generous? Should a fair wage for servers be based on the cost of food, or the cost of living and the value of the service provided? I think the latter makes far more sense.

Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou
    I feel the same way. I kind of resent valet parking, because it seems like just a way to get a few more bucks out of you and to feed the inner big shot in people that are so inclined. It reminds me of those guys in the men's rooms of fancy restaurants that expect a buck to hand you a paper towel. When I'm already paying a premium to eat at a nice place, I don't need to be handing out money for a bunch of things I can easily handle myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    What if there's no place to park within a quarter mile? What if your wife is pregnant? What if it's pouring down rain or the wind chill is -40?
    To me, that's even worse. If the restaurant's own parking lot is the only parking within a reasonable distance, then valet is a straight screw job. It's like charging $5 for bottled water at a concert because they know you have to get it from them. I'm not saying they don't have the right...but I am saying that it looks like a brazen money grab to the customers.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari