Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by Ene View Post
    @Poimandres, Hey, I really liked this, especially the final statement! Wait, this post at the very end of the videos that have been posted so far, so I need to tell you which one I'm referring to. The one on perception. I am about to watch the other one now.

Okay, the next one is on perception, too. And I think you are totally onto something substantial. Perception, the way we see the world, what we believe, DOES shape our world! You have a tremendous amount of insight.
    I'm glad to hear that Ene. You see, that's exactly why I mentioned you. It's good to see that we can each gaze upon the same sky and follow our own guiding stars!

Infinite Bubble

I agree with the videos overall sentiment.

I have a theory in which we are, due to genetics, and environmental factors, predisposed to perceive the universe in a certain way. In short, our senses are programmed naturally to allow us to engage and live in the universe in a certain, very subjective way, easily and efficiently. The fundamental, objective nature of the universe is therefore more akin to a giant ethereal fuzzy blob of possibilities and relationships. The way we see it - the exact way we perceive objects as definite, solid structures with fixed positions - after wave function collapse - is encoded into our genetics, and, like you said, affirmed to us from our past, from birth; it is thrust upon us that this is the way things are. The way we look at things is affected by culture. We create a holographic world based on firmly-rooted beliefs and natural tendencies, and project it around us and call that reality. A sort of collective-subjectivity.

Also, and because of this, nature is incredible malleable in comparison to what we believe it to be. Just change everybody's beliefs. For instance, at the Big Bang everything was connected and splattered together into one singular substance about the size of a pea. Sure, space expanded, but I believe the underlying energy still connects every single thing. It is why altering the state of a single electron, will change the state of every single other one in the universe. This is also the explanation for quantum entanglement. My personal theory for that is, space and matter are in fact the same thing. That matter is just the part of space we see because its location had the greatest probability; but that's for a different thread. So yes, the universe is plastic, solidity is nonexistent, and our minds can change its form.

Unfortunately, and rather ironically, empiricism is building a foundation on subjective truths; that is, the appearance of the universe as interpreted by the electric signals in our brain. But in reality, what can we know what is truly there, ever? We can't, is the answer. It's greatly likely that the form of the atom is in fact the humans' subjective viewpoint from the wave collapse. We perceive the world and create an order from the possibilities, but that is not its true nature. Time too, I doubt it linear. No, I'm sure it's in fact holistic. Our interpretations set things out to be linear.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by Infinite Bubble View Post
    I agree with the videos overall sentiment.
    Okay, well I don't care whether or not we completely agree, but what we need is acceptence and universal growth, which may also involve challenging each other. Still, I appreciate the sentiment.

I have a theory in which we are, due to genetics, and environmental factors, predisposed to perceive the universe in a certain way. In short, our senses are programmed naturally to allow us to engage and live in the universe in a certain, very subjective way, easily and efficiently. The fundamental, objective nature of the universe is therefore more akin to a giant ethereal fuzzy blob of possibilities and relationships. The way we see it - the exact way we perceive objects as definite, solid structures with fixed positions - after wave function collapse - is encoded into our genetics, and, like you said, affirmed to us from our past, from birth; it is thrust upon us that this is the way things are. The way we look at things is affected by culture. We create a holographic world based on firmly-rooted beliefs and natural tendencies, and project it around us and call that reality. A sort of collective-subjectivity.
    Hm, you seem to be viewing this from more of an individualized perspective, as far as how the objective world shapes your experiences. I see this thing more literally, that is, I really believe that the mind has the power within itself to transform the world, rather than the world just transforming ourselves.

Also, and because of this, nature is incredible malleable in comparison to what we believe it to be. Just change everybody's beliefs. For instance, at the Big Bang everything was connected and splattered together into one singular substance about the size of a pea. Sure, space expanded, but I believe the underlying energy still connects every single thing. It is why altering the state of a single electron, will change the state of every single other one in the universe. This is also the explanation for quantum entanglement. My personal theory for that is, space and matter are in fact the same thing. That matter is just the part of space we see because its location had the greatest probability; but that's for a different thread. So yes, the universe is plastic, solidity is nonexistent, and our minds can change its form.
    Oh, I guess I was a bit off about you in my post before this one. You really do believe that, due to the connections we share together from the quantum bridge, that we can each influence everything else in the universe, even by force of will. I also think though that this dynamic determinism about our universe is something we will surely find at the lower levels of existence, kind of like where we currently are. Higher up, if you even believe in that stuff, perhaps it could be much more floaty and less connected with chains.

Unfortunately, and rather ironically, empiricism is building a foundation on subjective truths; that is, the appearance of the universe as interpreted by the electric signals in our brain. But in reality, what can we know what is truly there, ever? We can't, is the answer. It's greatly likely that the form of the atom is in fact the humans' subjective viewpoint from the wave collapse. We perceive the world and create an order from the possibilities, but that is not its true nature. Time too, I doubt it linear. No, I'm sure it's in fact holistic. Our interpretations set things out to be linear.
    I agree. We aren't seeing everything as it really is. Even what we refer to as empirical systems of measurement all revolve around how they are initially seen, which may not be the true nature of the thing. Time I'm also sure is an integral part of the equation, as it is the way in which we seem to experience the changes that we record. I guess we must progress onwards with our journey across everything to chart new worlds.

MBTI
    ISFP

Neato.
    "My comrades and my beloved, upon your way you shall meet men with hoofs; give them your wings. And men with horns; give them wreaths of laurel. And men with claws; give them petals for fingers. And men with forked tongues; give them honey words." --Kahlil Gibran, The Garden of The Prophet

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by Pinker85 View Post

Neato.
    Ya, it's pretty dang epic! To get overly technical though, it's certainly not 'neat' in the literal sense.
    I like to be a source of ideas, a conduit that can take a bunch of stuff in from a rational and detached perspective that can see very clearly.
    It then gets very heavily processed in my mind, and shot back out into the world through my communications.
    Ultimately, it should be put into a neat little system, even with its creation being very random and chaotic, but hey, the more you generate, the better the progress!

Okay, maybe you don't want this kind of rationalization from me here, but to sum this up, I will destroy the world and make it all messy in order to put the parts back together into something better. Redesign and evolution is where it's at!

... (hopes this long message in responce to Pinker's short spout of glee that was happily seen by me will be impressive)

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Adam and the Fall

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Hopes and Dreams

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

WHOA, let's DO THIS THING!!!!!

Wait, what are we doing?
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    WHOA, let's DO THIS THING!!!!!

Wait, what are we doing?
    Ha, I was just about to log off, and then you posted this funny comment! That's actually a very good question, and asked with the right enthusiasm.

It seems clear to me that the first steps to proper action are in asking what steps should be taken in the first place, along with a curiosity about the imminant adventures.

The journey is an exploration of being, especially of its nature, depth, variety, and possibilities. Of course, the map further expands as we see more things, and how do we see more things you might ask?

Well, it all begins with asking the question! We need to see things by asking, by searching for the 'why'.

Infinite Bubble

Quote Originally Posted by Poimandres View Post
    We need to see things by asking, by searching for the 'why'.
    The how!