In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    MBTI
    Enneagram
    0w0

Quote Originally Posted by Mane View Post
    i fucking love the fuckedup fact that in english you can drop any damn curse word into any SOB sentence you want, and it still makes sense...
    in hebrew you have to apply it to someone for it to work - so unless your accusing someone of being something, you're pretty much just dropped another person-reference into the sentence that is about completely other objects. you can't keep 'em hanging.

that's being said, growing up i adopted yiddish curse words, in the army i adopted russian curse words into my hebrew, and since coming back from canada english curse words have being slipping in... ..because, er... because i have a dream! that one day the Israelite will be free of the shekels of grammar and will be able to judge when to put a curse word not by the content of the sentence but by the tone at which they want to say it in! one day hebrew and english speakers alike will be able to sit in equal standing and say.. fuck it. not him, not her, but IT. just because.

(in the mean time i am happy to contribute to the liberation of english people from their grammar tyrants... you're welcome)
    i do that - but i have an excuse:
    cursing in english (in which most of the websites i go to are written) is way funner then cursing in hebrew (what's spoken around me in RL)...
    i have same, but in finnish instead of the aforementioned lnguage.(curse words in finnish make you sound like youre on apes level in intelligence) i really, really hate finnish. especially how idiotic the vulgar experessions sound. i prefer to exclaim my anger in an overly proper angry intellect manner. its much more efficient and doesnt leave me feeling like an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    I think this is a myth.
    not really. in real life, im so afraid that i might come off as idiotic/improper, but im more liberated in the web. read my profile info if you want to see manifestations of this statement.. =)

ive been physically attacked for my rudeness, so id rather not have that again. otherwise, i wouldnt care a shit. although, i do disdain distastefulness.
    healthiness is all about appreciating other peoples inferior function. its like the sore spot no one ever notices, but we desperately wish they did, and if you focus on doing that, youll have many friends. and also learn to appreciate your own inferior function, others wont find it stupid if you show them how cool it is.

INTJ 4w3 Sp Sx. (i dont believe in tritype. i do believe in learning traits from others.)

mistakes happen. expect them, and grow from them. look for them, and avoid them.

Senior Member captain curmudgeon's Avatar
    MBTI
    BIRD
    Enneagram
    631 sp

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    I cringe when I hear people literally pronounce: "LOL". It saps the respect I have for my generation right out of me through a bendy straw.
    You still had respect for our generation/ most fellow humans?
    Jarlaxle: fact checking this thread makes me want to go all INFP on my wrists

"I'm in competition with myself and I'm losing."
    -Roger Waters

ReadingRainbows: OMG GUYS
    ReadingRainbows: GUESS WHAT EXISTS FOR ME
    hel: fairies?
    Captain Curmudgeon: existential angst?

Johari Nohari

https://www.librarything.com/profile/wheelchairdoug

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairdoug View Post
    You still had respect for our generation/ most fellow humans?
    I'm not a misanthrope - I believe most humans are worthy of a base level of respect but aside from that, the rest ought to be earned.

Senior Member captain curmudgeon's Avatar
    MBTI
    BIRD
    Enneagram
    631 sp

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    I'm not a misanthrope - I believe most humans are worthy of a base level of respect but aside from that, the rest ought to be earned.
    I agree. I was strictly talking about the latter. I'm not sure believing that disqualifies someone from being a misanthrope though. My thinking is that a misanthrope could believe this, but also believe that few people do anything to earn further respect.
    Jarlaxle: fact checking this thread makes me want to go all INFP on my wrists

"I'm in competition with myself and I'm losing."
    -Roger Waters

ReadingRainbows: OMG GUYS
    ReadingRainbows: GUESS WHAT EXISTS FOR ME
    hel: fairies?
    Captain Curmudgeon: existential angst?

Johari Nohari

https://www.librarything.com/profile/wheelchairdoug

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairdoug View Post
    I agree. I was strictly talking about the latter. I'm not sure believing that disqualifies someone from being a misanthrope though. My thinking is that a misanthrope could believe this, but also believe that few people do anything to earn further respect.
    If their beliefs are congruent with the way they live, then believing human beings are worthy of any level of respect disqualifies them from being a misanthrope. I know people who have had misanthropic bouts but still maintain a humanistic perspective. This love/hate relationship with others actually indicates a strong proclivity for experiencing empathy. With great hope comes great disappointment.

I also think that if I knew that our generation did everything in their power to earn my respect, then they would quickly lose the majority of it just by being so singleminded. So the question isn't really about whether they're trying to earn respect, it's about whether their autonomous actions hold intrinsic merit in my eyes.

Maybe you and I have entirely different views on virtue and ethics, some of which are more or less off topic. My original comment was more or less off topic as well. My point is that I see relatively little value in discussing this any further due to the lack of clarity we've established and the misguided nature any clarity would have here.

--------------------------------------------------

I can impulsively curse if I'm in pain or experiencing spontaneous stressors. I also curse as a form of punctuation and exclamation with close friends. However, the older I've become, the more juvenile it's started to seem in the case that someone is cursing off the cuff. It often seems like fluffy filler that lacks focus or meaningful drive. There are ways to execute it well IMO, but anything in excess starts to look trashy after a while.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

To those who English is not their native language, I think you have an excuse. I'm mostly asking about those who English is their native language.

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    I think this is a myth.
    Things got convoluted in this thread so I'm confused. Do you think it's a myth that they don't curse in real life?

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    To those who English is not their native language, I think you have an excuse. I'm mostly asking about those who English is their native language.

Things got convoluted in this thread so I'm confused. Do you think it's a myth that they don't curse in real life?
    yes.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so