First 123 Last

Thread: !

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    ^^^

(I still find typing a useful tool when used broadly [dotted wavy lines] so I can't join..)

I have to ask, who's gonna be the Man In The Iron Mask?

*thinks of terrible Leonardo DiCaprio film*
    It was useful, and it trained my mind to focus on people, but it also trains the mind to be inflexible. The more you learn the more your perception changes, and you are your perception.

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    It was useful, and it trained my mind to focus on people, but it also trains the mind to be inflexible. The more you learn the more your perception changes, and you are your perception.
    I dunno, I haven't learned anything new about it in years. I've always focused on people, explored patterns. Typing/functions just give names to those highly general and broad patters, but I do often see it used to compartmentalize/rigidly frame perceptions of others, expectations of them, etc. I think it can train the mind to be inflexible- if we're not careful. Like any interpretive abstract system, it's all in how you use it- and of course, I think self-monitoring makes a difference, too.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    I dunno, I haven't learned anything new about it in years. I've always focused on people, explored patterns. Typing/functions just give names to those highly general and broad patters, but I do often see it used to compartmentalize/rigidly frame perceptions of others, expectations of them, etc. I think it can train the mind to be inflexible- if we're not careful. Like any interpretive abstract system, it's all in how you use it- and of course, I think self-monitoring makes a difference, too.
    Ah, this seems like a sensible view, but it gets tricky when you realize that what you're monitoring with is being effected by the thing you're monitoring. All systems use have blind spots, are incomplete, and when it comes to a system that can effect in our psychology and also regards our psychology, those blind spots can 'manifest' in our perception, unable to identify itself by its nature.

/it's not paranoia if it really happened.

I recognize the danger, and I'm hitting my reset button. It's worth mentioning the origins of the word meme before it came to mean pictures with captions on the internet. Memes are ideas that follow evolutionary patterns, they take host in the mind and propagate to other minds, they're sometimes parasitic or benign. Either way, MBTI is feeling too much at home, not sure if its been paying the rent. Going to find out.

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    Ah, this seems like a sensible view, but it gets tricky when you realize that what you're monitoring with is being effected by the thing you're monitoring. All systems use have blind spots, are incomplete, and when it comes to a system that can effect in our psychology and also regards our psychology, those blind spots can 'manifest' in our perception, unable to identify itself by its nature.

/it's not paranoia if it really happened.

I recognize the danger, and I'm hitting my reset button. It's worth mentioning the origins of the word meme before it came to mean pictures with captions on the internet. Memes are ideas that follow evolutionary patterns, they take host in the mind and propagate to other minds, they're sometimes parasitic or benign. Either way, MBTI is feeling too much at home, not sure if its been paying the rent. Going to find out.
    Good points. I think taking a break from exploring certain systems/concepts certainly brings about new insight.. prevents it from becoming a self-perpetuating feedback loop. When you allow a system to infiltrate your overall core values, when you have to pause to check with the system before following your own instincts/understanding/capacity to understand- that's when you've probably been a bit consumed by it. You live in a box of your own creation.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

garbage

The title of this thread was pretty hard to click on and I wasn't sure what to expect. I'm not disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    Emancipated and typefree: Nicodemus, Entropie and me.

The three musketeers only waiting for d'Artagnan to join us.

And now gentlemen, all for one, one for all - that is our motto, is it not?
    I want to join. Where do I sign up?
    I really like cats and food.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleda View Post
    I want to join. Where do I sign up?
    It requires a change of perception, even a change of taste. Do you even want to change your perceptions and tastes, or would you prefer to belong?

It requires a change of perception, even a change of taste. Do you even want to change your perceptions and tastes, or would you prefer to belong?
    I want to change my perceptions and tastes. I don't care about belonging at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleda View Post
    I want to change my perceptions and tastes. I don't care about belonging at all.
    It's a big ask - wanting to change our perceptions and tastes. No one can do it for us, just like eating or making love, we must do it ourselves.

And a big ask requires a big answer - so what does it feel like to change our perceptions and tastes and how would we go about it?

It's a big ask - wanting to change our perceptions and tastes. No one can do it for us, just like eating or making love, we must do it ourselves.

And a big ask requires a big answer - so what does it feel like to change our perceptions and tastes and how would we go about it?
    We would do it gradually. We can master both our physical and our mental selves. But the external always affects us in some way.