First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Time View Post

Shouldn't have changed your username, Oakysage.

@Nicodemus

You have 1.5 songs from my list and now I feel like I can't post mine anymore.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by 93JC View Post

Shouldn't have changed your username, Oakysage.
    Yes, I apologise for the gimmick but I can assure you it will fade away in time.

Quote Originally Posted by Time View Post
    Yes, I apologise for the gimmick but I can assure you it will fade away in time.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Hound Dog - Elvis Presley
    When I was a kid, I loved Elvis. I just thought he was the coolest. It was that simple.

Knights in White Satin - Moody Blues
    In 5th grade, I was in love with Cindy. I used to ride my bike by her house a few times a week, hoping to catch a glance of her. When I say love, I mean love. I used to dream that I would save her from some far fetched peril involving black hooded men while this song was playing. I guess I was a 4 then, too.

Tennessee - Arrested Development
    The last of the fun times, the end of childhood. This was pumping at the roller rink in 6th grade, while I was skating backwards and starting rink-rivalries. My buddies, one of them the "preacher's son" would sneak a smoke behind the establishment before our parents picked us up. We shoplifted, vandalized, built insidious incendiary devices . We didn't know why we were trouble makers, we just did what came natural and enjoyed it. It was a pre-awareness of knowing there was something wrong in our lives.

Possum Kingdom - The Toadies
    At some point everything fell apart. Everything changed, family, friends, surroundings, myself in my early teen years. I was so isolated. I felt like giving something of myself to someone who would accept it though it felt wretched. The other song I was thinking of putting up for this was "Creep" by Radiohead.

Two of Us - The Beatles
    Found someone. I was 16, a high school dropout with a GED and had a job as a grocery checker. I found her online, with my first paycheck I bought Abbey Road and Revolver by the Beatles, with the rest of it I saved up for a Greyhound ticket to run away to another state and build a new life. Totally acceptance was supposed to be fulfilling, and I was happy holding onto my new promise.

Ace of Spades - Motorhead
    This song represents an awakening. More than a decade passed since me striking out, and by all measures I was successful, but I was so anesthetized. I started going to metal concerts with a friend, the first was Motorhead. The concerts felt like a great big church to me, this writhing ecclesiastical mass of suppressed anger. It seemed like the only thing that could break through the thick wall around me.

Please Don't Go - Stevie Wonder
    This was that wall melting away, and in my 30's and feelings coming back. Stevie's vulnerable voice was how I felt, and his fearless expression is how I wanted to be. Nothing like this had been able to move me before. This is when I realized that my marriage was not going to work and that I had entered a stage of Arrested Development way back when at song number 3.

Singapore - Rain Dogs
    Oh, the shit storm, the gutter, the fallout, the bar. Alone and slumming, glorious in its own way. Offering glasses of Bombay Sapphire to the homeless at my doorstep to hear their stories and to keep me company. Tom Waits was literally painted on the wall of the bar I would drag myself home from around the corner, it was him depicted on "The Heart of Saturday Night" album.

Day Tripper - YMO
    I struck out to California, this song wasn't really a new stage in my life, just a synthetic and upbeat continuation of the previous. Dancing and drinking. I thought I was accomplishing something, but now I see that I was just reveling, expanding, undirected. Still so much was built up in me, I'm too close to it to say what.

Will It Go Round In Circles - Billy Preston
    I really don't know what's going on anymore, but I pick a direction and keep moving.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Song: We Made it, by : Busta Rhymes ft. Linkin Park

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

The Smiths- Oscillate Wildy The Smiths were my best friend in the 80's. I will always love them.
    Blur- The Universal
    Nick Drake- One of These Things First Doom and gloom at it's finest.
    Piers Faccini- Two Grains of Sand.
    Kodaline- All I Want
    Connor Reeves- Earthbound My Husband introduced me to Connor Reeves. It's a shame he disappeared because he's very talented.
    Geneva- Further I played this album over and over while in the UK in 97. Good times.
    Daughter- Medicine
    R.E.M.- E-Bow the Letter
    Smashing Pumpkins- Muzzle "I think that I am ordinary just like everyone."

Sad songs make me happy, and all of the songs on my list hold a special place in my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by senza tema View Post
    @Nicodemus

You have 1.5 songs from my list and now I feel like I can't post mine anymore.
    We can be special together.

Now out with it!

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerlily View Post
    Nick Drake- One of These Things First Doom and gloom at it's finest.
    My mobile ring tone for the last three years or so.

ReflecTcelfeR

These were the first ten that came to mind, that make an emotional impact on me when I listen to them.

1. "Man in the Box" - Alice in Chains

2. "Re: Stacks" - Bon Iver

3. "Always and Never" - Coheed and Cambria

4. "Andy, You're A Star" - The Killers

5. "The Little Lion Man" - Mumford & Sons

6. "The Switch And The Spur" - The Raconteurs

7. "Schism" - Tool

8. "Heart In A Cage" - The Strokes

9. "Citizen" - Broken Bells

10. "The Canals Of Our City" - Beirut