User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

There's out there and there's out there. Not all of the forum is publicly searchable / viewable. I could just see the possibility of this game going a little sour...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    There's out there and there's out there. Not all of the forum is publicly searchable / viewable.
    Private blogs, VMs, PMs, and maybe the Sexuality channel. The stuff that we're discussing in this thread is probably what is actually in the searchable/viewable bit. And you can't delete any of it. I don't think it's inaccurate to say that's still a fair amount of information...

I could just see the possibility of this game going a little sour...
    Oh. That's to be expected, though. A little interpersonal shenan is nothing compared to the fact that a bunch of strangers have the dirt on you to create the drama in the first place.

Maybe not, though.

My little frisson of paranoia from earlier may have temporarily blown my perspective on this.
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

You do realise everyone is now searching for dirt on you, Rex?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

@Salome

While I can't speak for other's actions, I really don't see how I am on slippery ground. Violane posted pics of her with the kids. Victor has said repeatedly in all kinds of threads how he dislikes MBTI, to the point that it has become something of a longstanding joke that he remains on a forum for something he dislikes so vehemently. If you'll notice, I'm not saying, "Name four people who are on anti-depressants" or "who has history with other people outside of the forum", even if that kind of info is out there too. Basic nationality/language, likes and dislikes, hobbies and avatars should be up for grabs if they have been referenced several times, as they are things that members are happy for people to identify with them. I also know that as a new member, it was an overwhelming task to build up enough basic information about people to have some context for interacting. I see this as being something like introducing someone to a group and telling one thing about them to get the conversational ball rolling.

Honestly Salome, I can't think of one thread in the last few weeks where've where you've had something good to say about anything or anyone. I think you are intelligent, well-read and an interesting person, and I wish that there was a way to get past the prickly stuff to be able to know how to interact with you in a way that you would find rewarding and pleasant, because I think you have a lot to offer. But this one isn't one that I'm going to feel guilty about or worry about taking responsibility for. If it fizzles due to non-participation, that's the answer I need. Otherwise, a few people have gotten better acquainted. I would only include people that I feel sure would not feel exposed, singled out or that their privacy would be invaded by my sharing something about them.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

I don't care what you think about me or my posts, and quite frankly, resent your intrusive quest for personal details. That's not why I'm here. If you can't see how this can go wrong/be abused you're not as perceptive as you think you are. And while your intention might not be to expose anyone, the fact that you've thrown it open to everyone means your intentions aren't the only ones to consider. You do have to take responsibility for your threads and the direction they might take.

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Nope..though I do have a Frisian heritage
    So do I! My grandfather came through Ellis Island in 1906 from Harlingen with his 6 siblings. He was a farmer in Southern Minnesota.
    Nice to meet you!

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    You do realise everyone is now searching for dirt on you, Rex?

I should have known better than to go to you in a vulnerable moment.

And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Consider it closed.

violaine

I had no problem with what was posted about me. Thanks for trying to start a fun thread.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

If every member who starts a thread is going to be held responsible for whatever trolling, derailing, or other misbehavior other people commit in it, it is going to be a very sorry state of affairs, and put a real damper on the forum. We are each responsible for our own actions. If you don't want to be referenced, just say so.

Meanwhile, if anyone still wants to play: who likes to dance?
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...