User Tag List

First 567

Results 61 to 67 of 67

  1. #61
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    29,781

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 21% View Post
    I think "depression" is a lose term now and it's tossed around a lot. Most people who say they are 'depressed' aren't clinically depressed. I think there should be a distinction.
    I become clinically depressed, so i know the difference trust me. it sucks, its not sadness it feels different. I wish i could explain to someone who's never been there. but eh, i guess its one of those things you need to experience to understand.
    In no likes experiment.

    that is all

    i dunno what else to say so

  2. #62
    not to be trusted miss fortune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Posts
    20,131

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    I become clinically depressed, so i know the difference trust me. it sucks, its not sadness it feels different. I wish i could explain to someone who's never been there. but eh, i guess its one of those things you need to experience to understand.
    I do believe that you and I have had similar experiences on that front... therefore I can definitely sympathize and I very much believe that you don't just enjoy sitting around in the dark listening to Joy Division and cutting yourself
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

  3. #63
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    29,781

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I do believe that you and I have had similar experiences on that front... therefore I can definitely sympathize and I very much believe that you don't just enjoy sitting around in the dark listening to Joy Division and cutting yourself
    i do neither one. though i do listen to box car racer, our lady peace, and brand new when depressed. it's interesting how much morose my taste in music becomes. right now i'm into 90s rock and electro swing. but i don't listen to depressing music openly it just reflects my mood and how i feel in the moment. thats how i choose what to listen to. maybe it's fi I should also add that i hate when people say i should exercise or do more when i'm depressed. some days during a depressed period i'm lucky if i get a shower. its not me feeling sorry for myself its me having no energy,crying, and thinking no one likes me and that i'll never be anything worthwhile, so why don't i kill myself? no one will miss me, they all lie about that. everything would be better off with out me.and it sure as hell isn't laziness
    In no likes experiment.

    that is all

    i dunno what else to say so

  4. #64
    not to be trusted miss fortune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Posts
    20,131

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    i do neither one. though i do listen to box car racer, our lady peace, and brand new when depressed. it's interesting how much morose my taste in music becomes. right now i'm into 90s rock and electro swing. but i don't listen to depressing music openly it just reflects my mood and how i feel in the moment. thats how i choose what to listen to. maybe it's fi I should also add that i hate when people say i should exercise or do more when i'm depressed. some days during a depressed period i'm lucky if i get a shower. its not me feeling sorry for myself its me having no energy,crying, and thinking no one likes me and that i'll never be anything worthwhile, so why don't i kill myself? no one will miss me, they all lie about that. everything would be better off with out me.and it sure as hell isn't laziness
    like I said... similar experience

    though I just watched food network 24/7... even the informercials that it switches to early in the morning... I couldn't be bothered to get out of my chair or use the remote because I totally believed that it didn't matter... nothing fucking mattered and that I was quite possibly the most horrible and worthless person to have ever lived... if I listened to the voices in my head and had actually killed myself to end it the world would have been a shiny happy place with rainbows and buttercups and such... or something of the sort. Fucking voices... they make a person feel like they really HAVE dropped over the waterfall of reality into the pool of crazy lurking underneath

    So yes, Ms. Chickenz... not joking when I say that I get where you're coming from in the least
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

  5. #65
    Glycerine
    Guest

    Default

    I probably was "clinically depressed" because I just couldn't handle the stress of daily life, my problems, and other people's problems. Plus, I have a tendency to think way too much and am a highly analytical person.

    Also, I had a hard time looking in the mirror and was convinced that I was super ugly and had a horrible personality. It got to the point where if I saw myself in the mirror or saw pictures of myself, I would start crying half the time. I would seriously pick apart every one of my perceived flaws (externally and internally). It was pretty bad.

  6. #66
    Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx
    Posts
    21,653

    Default

    I wasnt kidding when I posted that other post, I've dealt with a lot of other peoples depressive states, on and off the job, and other states of mind which arent exactly healthy or, I'd hope, usual or "normal", like highs and lows, anxiety, rages and moods, the whole experience has left me thinking that its all way, way, way more commonplace than it really should be and beyond politics, spirituality and philosophy, reducing the incidences of this kind of thing is the one thing which would make the world a better place.

    I think the question of how you deal with others in those sorts of states is as important as how you manage if you're experiencing those states yourself and its neglected, a whole lot of the happiness literature and research and other pop psychology all proceeds from the "first person" too like that.

  7. #67
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    29,781

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    like I said... similar experience

    though I just watched food network 24/7... even the informercials that it switches to early in the morning... I couldn't be bothered to get out of my chair or use the remote because I totally believed that it didn't matter... nothing fucking mattered and that I was quite possibly the most horrible and worthless person to have ever lived... if I listened to the voices in my head and had actually killed myself to end it the world would have been a shiny happy place with rainbows and buttercups and such... or something of the sort. Fucking voices... they make a person feel like they really HAVE dropped over the waterfall of reality into the pool of crazy lurking underneath

    So yes, Ms. Chickenz... not joking when I say that I get where you're coming from in the least
    yes I know, that's why we're friends cuz we relate on so many levels. Also i've been irritable lately i almost cried i was so frustrated and took a lot of me not to ram my cart hard into the people at the grocery store today. I'm all over the place the last 4 weeks and the doc won't listen to me when I say it's a fucking medication problem. something is seriously wrong and it's only getting worse. but no no no its another factor, when the factors hadn't changed from the time i felt ok to now.
    In no likes experiment.

    that is all

    i dunno what else to say so

Similar Threads

  1. [MBTItm] Does everyone struggle with authority, or only certain types?
    By Madisonclark in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 05-30-2016, 11:04 AM
  2. Does anyone else's personality change with the seasons?
    By badger055 in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 12-31-2013, 04:38 PM
  3. [INTP] Does anyone feel this way? how do you cope with it?
    By think2much in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-19-2010, 04:37 AM
  4. Does anyone have a problem with Hyperfocusing?
    By alicia91 in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-05-2008, 06:43 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO