User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

Results 81 to 90 of 115

  1. #81
    Society
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nijntje View Post
    ohmygod. remind me never to mention penises around you. I'm afraid of what you might come up with...
    hey, some dolphins train years to get into a cockball league!

  2. #82
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,226

    Default


  3. #83
    Honor Thy Inferior Such Irony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    5,091

    Default

    I don't care about being cool. Therefore I am cool.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne




  4. #84
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,153

    Default

    I'm not cool and I have no real desire to be cool but due to some heat-related delirium I want to be a sheep.

    Would a bribe under the table "earn" my entry? Also could I flaunt the fact that I got in via a bribe, set myself up as the first port of call for anyone else wishing to get in (with a nice portion of the earnings to wet your beak of course)? All the makings of a pyramid scheme and what's better if someone comes knocking about your activity you can claim it was a family member using your account.

  5. #85
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so
    Posts
    8,162

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Standuble View Post
    I'm not cool and I have no real desire to be cool but due to some heat-related delirium I want to be a sheep.

    Would a bribe under the table "earn" my entry? Also could I flaunt the fact that I got in via a bribe, set myself up as the first port of call for anyone else wishing to get in (with a nice portion of the earnings to wet your beak of course)? All the makings of a pyramid scheme and what's better if someone comes knocking about your activity you can claim it was a family member using your account.
    You're cool.

    I don't know if you're Tier 1 (the two aren't actually directly correlated), but you're cool, by mere quality of posts.

    INFP cool, you might say.

  6. #86
    Theta Male Julius_Van_Der_Beak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None
    Posts
    9,031

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Such Irony View Post
    I don't care about being cool. Therefore I am cool.
    Ha. Agreed.

    To be honest, I think there's something kind of pathetic about caring too muxh about being cool past age 25. It seems like some people don't really grow out of it like I might have thought.

    To me, coolness is nothing more than a willingness to do and say things that don't make sense simply because a lot of people around you are doing and saying them. It is very important, also, that you say and do these things without thinking about them too much, because then you might seem "inauthentic" or make others uncomfortable. Keep in mind that two years from the now, the things you need to say and do to be cool will be entirely different for no reason at all.

    I get why insecure kids worry so much about being cool, but people 25 and over have no excuse. If you're age 26 and your coolness is still a primary concern for you, that says seem pretty damning things about your maturity level to me. There are more important things you need to be concerning yourself with, like your path in life and how you can eat.

    I won't say that I don't care what anyone thinks, merely that what some people think happens to be really really stupid and not worth listening to. Alternative and mainstream are the same thing now, so it doesn't mean being "alternative" means you're in an elite club. That doesn't mean that I hate everything that's "alternative", merely that I have my own reasons for liking them, and I've thought about them. It's the putting on airs that bothers me about "coolness", not the individual things that are cool at any given moment. None of this stuff is 1/100th as important as people think it is.

    (I think I'm a counterphobic 5w6.)
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11


    This is not going to go the way you think....

    Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

  7. #87
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so
    Posts
    8,162

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    To me, coolness is nothing more than a willingness to do and say things that don't make sense simply because a lot of people around you are doing and saying them. It is very important, also, that you say and do these things without thinking about them too much, because then you might seem "inauthentic" or make others uncomfortable. Keep in mind that two years from the now, the things you need to say and do to be cool will be entirely different for no reason at all.
    That is not even remotely close to what I think of as coolness.

    Frankly, what you called coolness there is about as uncool as it gets in my book.

    Also, what you see as coolness seems to be a very Fe-flavored coolness.

    What I see as coolness is a much more Fi-flavored thing.

  8. #88
    WALMART
    Guest

    Default

    Being cool just is, man.

  9. #89
    Theta Male Julius_Van_Der_Beak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None
    Posts
    9,031

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    That is not even remotely close to what I think of as coolness.

    Frankly, what you called coolness there is about as uncool as it gets in my book.

    Also, what you see as coolness seems to be a very Fe-flavored coolness.

    What I see as coolness is a much more Fi-flavored thing.
    I don't really think it's tied to any particular type, actually, because I've known INTPs to do the same thing. It is dumb, however. I see 27 year olds on OKcupid with jobs as librarians who have seem to have gone to painstaking effort to make sure that every picture they have includes a receptacle for fermented grain beverages. Just so that people get that even though they're a librarian, they're still cool. They're not just a librarian (who might be a nerd), but a hipster librarian! Wow! Think of that! This amazing contradiction is so much more interesting than if they actually said something which is interesting, but might turn some people off!

    To me, that is sad. It's possible, I suppose, that she just really likes being photographed with fermented grain beverages in her hand, but it does seem like it was a deliberate choice. I mean, most people at age 27 have jobs, if not careers. They've made it! They've faced the terrible horrible mean impossible real world that will eat them alive and crush their spirit, blah blah blah. So where's the insecurity coming from?

    Quote Originally Posted by superunknown View Post
    Being cool just is, man.
    So is a snakebite, but that doesn't mean I want one.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11


    This is not going to go the way you think....

    Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

  10. #90
    Hate
    Guest

    Default


Similar Threads

  1. All the cool kids are doing it...
    By Peter Deadpan in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-21-2017, 04:07 PM
  2. Member of the Month Test Thread
    By highlander in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-03-2014, 12:30 PM
  3. Replies: 28
    Last Post: 08-22-2012, 06:51 PM
  4. The Entertain Niffer Thread
    By niffer in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 69
    Last Post: 07-04-2007, 02:29 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO