User Tag List

Glycerine

Default What Does It Mean To Have "Original Thought"?

People have consistently told me that I have it. I see my thinking as rather banal but somewhat non-PC. So what does original thinking truly entail?

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

I guess they are referring to creativity. At least some elements of your thoughts that are not predictable.
    Take the compliment!

WALMART

A polar alternative, for example, could be someone who is well read.

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Moore View Post
    I guess they are referring to creativity. At least some elements of your thoughts that are not predictable.
    Take the compliment!
    I guess that could be possible. I do make fun of a lot of social expectations while engaging in them/playing a role or knowing that I am just part of a bigger system (in an ironic sense).

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

I think original thought starts from having extreme attention for details.
    If you can put the details together, you will get a very well synthesized picture of it all.
    I think it basically just revolves on being a "systems-builder".

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Coming up with something that is atypical given the parameters of the situation. I like to think of it as coming up with something that others have not come up with, something that's unique. That's hard to measure because people don't share their every thought. How do you know that someone else didn't think the same thing?
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Original thought has to do with new ways of combining the information we all encounter. This is often achieved in minds that process information differently than the norm like Stephen Hawking who had a unique way of visualizing theoretical physics. In his case it led to new ideas that reflected reality, but original thought can also be inaccurate and a distortion of reality.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

The thoughts you have before you know anything. The thoughts you have when you are free of the bullshit of the world. Thoughts that are something other than a regurgitation of the same old thing. Thoughts that are filled with insight and that paint a different picture.

Like when someone regurgitates some definition, thinking they know what they are talking about, just say something else.

"The earth is spheroid"

Then you say,

"What if it were actually not, but our perception has warped it into seeming that way. What if earth surrounds a stabilized black hole, and it's bending space to present the illusion of roundness. What if we actually bend space and time to eventually end up where we began. What if it's actual bordering on time travel, but is imperceivable by our senses. What if all these theories that sound oh so good are just plain wrong, as a lot of them keep being proven to be. Why don't you open your mind and think for yourself instead of regurgitating the same old garbage and rejecting (as false) anything other than that garbage."

Of course, what I said above would work even better at making my point if it set off that spark of, "hmm, that could actually be true," even if what's said was absolute shit. But I think that's bullshit, but such is the mind of idiots that need to have everything spelt out in front of them for them to believe it. Like anyone is obligated to do that. And I say that, but I see people obsessed with bowing to these idiots. Just stop. STOP. STOP. STOP.

What if we are all connected in a way that's so simple it's been overlooked. What if it's so simple that it ripples through the very fabric of the universe and seems like a complicated mess. What if it's like the 1's and 0's of a simple text file, and is simply something being looked at from the wrong point of view or in the wrong way. What if something has already come along and tampered with what makes us human, and connected. What if they did it out of sheer stupidity and part of what we are has been lost. What if that loss is an illusion as what we are transcends it all. What if you were to ever see past what seems like a contradiction to the point being made. Or past a misspelling. What if all these wild and crazy theories are actually correct, but just poorly explained, or explained in a self-serving way. What if it's because everything is not spelt out and all that exists is the essence of the idea.

EVERYTHING IS A THEORY. Some hold up more consistently than others, but it's all belief. You don't know shit.

Original thought is not for those who are afraid to be seen as the other kind of "stupid" or "crazy."