User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

118, though I think intelligence is more of a lifelong process than something that can be measured in one go. I consider myself average.
    4w3 6w5 1w2 sx/sp ISFP

RLOAX (don't do it)
    Melancholic Hufflepuff
    A lonely island where only what is permitted to move moves, becomes an ideal. Jung

Kiss Kiss [johari] Bang Bang [nohari]

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

@Magic Poriferan, that is excellent analysis.

As for what our IQ's are, as far as "intelligence quotient" goes, I agree with the popular theory that there are many different kinds of intelligence, only some of which are measured by tests; I think the most intelligent people score high in the most areas. Strictly speaking though, it would be the ability to adapt to one's environment by solving problems; this requires a good measure of creativity, which is not tested.

Also intelligence is highly malleable. It has been shown that people who believe they are smart perform better on tests and get better grades. (There have been experiments where children were given false test results, their progress was monitored, then they were told the real ones and monitored again.) If you think you are smart and act like it, you will be. So I say think positively.

One more thing; I read that after about 135 people's intelligence doesn't really increase, it just specializes. So if you pass that mark, you can essentially do anything you want. A lot of people I think are smart enough to do anything they put their minds to and they just don't know it- so they probably would test in that range if the tests were accurate. I have tested in that range on some internet tests (of questionable accuracy), but regardless my experience is that I can succeed at whatever I try if I work hard enough, and that's good enough for me; it means I'm as smart as I need to be. Probably a lot of you underestimate your intelligence.

Edit: And a lot of people overestimate their intelligence; but this is only a problem in the social area if they compare themselves to others unfavorably. Otherwise it probably is self fulfilling. So I unashamedly overestimate my intelligence, because it makes me perform better. I like to imagine I'm some kind of genius. I don't compare myself to other people though. I think a lot of people are as smart as I am; I probably think everyone is smarter than they are. There are tons of people who are way smarter than I am in many areas. I'm sure there are many people on this forum who understand advanced algebra with ease, take apart computers and put them back together in their spare time, and have advanced engineering degrees. But they may do poorly in some areas in which I do well.

Glycerine

I got 110.

I KNOW that I am quite average in intelligence (I typically score pretty average on all the online tests) but I can still grasp concepts/ideas very easily when I am interested or feel compelled to. I can read a few chapters once-through in one sitting (even if I hardly pay attention in lecture) and still grasp the concepts enough to score above average.

Even though I know I am very average, things still come relatively "easy" to me and that's all that matters to me.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

So far I scored lower on this test at 100 (and an official one given by a psychologist put me at 114) than anyone in this entire thread who has posted their IQ!

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Poimandres View Post
    So far I scored lower on this test at 100 (and an official one given by a psychologist put me at 114) than anyone in this entire thread who has posted their IQ!
    114 sounds like a reasonable IQ score for you. also, you have to take into consideration the fact that people with lower scores are unlikely to share them. there are plenty of people who took the test, scored below 100 and refused to share
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

i chose only D`s and got an IQ of 80
    how is this culturally unbiased? i don`t get it

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

I believe this test is biased (in favor) of people with a strong visual component to their intelligence - whatever their culture of origin may be.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I got up to Question 27 the first time and real life called, so I random-picked the rest and submitted it. Got 112. Had 20 minutes left then.

Then today I went back and did the whole test again, using 31 minutes. Got this:

Let's say the second time I blazed through the first 27 that I already did in 5 minutes, I spent 26 minutes on the last 12 questions, so that comes out at 2 minutes and 10 seconds per question. So I would have completed another 8 questions had I not stopped doing the test the first time. Let's minus another 2 from that where I changed my answer the second time, so that's 6 questions extra. Based on a basic, straightforward calculation of the 'extra' scores, that will be... about 120?

I took a test in junior high and got 107. Other internet tests put me at around 105-120. I think it matters of you 'get' the author or not. I think I 'got' this one.

What I've noticed with this test:
    - I had more problems with certain concepts that other. Some concepts seemed very natural to me, while some had me scratching my head and having to think very hard.
    - When I was attempting the test, I tried to poke at the puzzles from different angles: one of the main ones being "What is the test designer trying to do here?" I didn't feel like it was an objective test, but a reflection of what goes on in the author's mind, and I tried to guess at that to understand the overall picture. I also tried the 'blurry-eyed' technique on the ones I was stuck on to see if cutting details made anything pop.
    - There's quite a few 'digital' concepts, like doing something once makes it appear, doing it a second time makes it disappear, which I'm not sure is entirely applicable to the non-computer users (?)
    - If you've played with toys that have little 'poles' in a grid and you tie strings around them, it helps with understanding some of the puzzles.
    - 'Move one matchstick' games help.
    - Sudoku skills help.
    - Having experience watching logo elements floating in from all directions and coming together in the middle helps (like movie company logos and the microsoft logo and things like that)
    - I moved my hands and arms around a lot trying to solve the puzzles.
    - I was slightly bothered how some of the puzzles only followed 'vertical' or 'horizontal' logic flows and not nicely sudoku-ed it-works-from-all-directions out.
    - I usually do worse on tests that are less visual and tests with real life pictures, like three people of different heights holding different-colored umbrellas and you ask me to line them up logically... arrrgh.
    - And I usually do horribly on tests where each question is timed. I just crumble under the constant pressure.

Conclusion: I agree with FDG that it's biased in favor of people with strong 'visual' intelligence, and who are fairly familiar with modern digital-age concepts.

The whole IQ thing is kinda bunk anyway. Personally I value EQ a lot more.
    4w5 sp/sx EII

Yup
    MBTI
    Istj

105, not counting the deviation of 15.
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine. "
    -Bruce Lee

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by 21% View Post
    What I've noticed with this test:
    - I had more problems with certain concepts that other. Some concepts seemed very natural to me, while some had me scratching my head and having to think very hard.
    - When I was attempting the test, I tried to poke at the puzzles from different angles: one of the main ones being "What is the test designer trying to do here?" I didn't feel like it was an objective test, but a reflection of what goes on in the author's mind, and I tried to guess at that to understand the overall picture. I also tried the 'blurry-eyed' technique on the ones I was stuck on to see if cutting details made anything pop.
    - There's quite a few 'digital' concepts, like doing something once makes it appear, doing it a second time makes it disappear, which I'm not sure is entirely applicable to the non-computer users (?)
    - If you've played with toys that have little 'poles' in a grid and you tie strings around them, it helps with understanding some of the puzzles.
    - 'Move one matchstick' games help.
    - Sudoku skills help.
    - Having experience watching logo elements floating in from all directions and coming together in the middle helps (like movie company logos and the microsoft logo and things like that)
    - I moved my hands and arms around a lot trying to solve the puzzles.
    - I was slightly bothered how some of the puzzles only followed 'vertical' or 'horizontal' logic flows and not nicely sudoku-ed it-works-from-all-directions out.
    - I usually do worse on tests that are less visual and tests with real life pictures, like three people of different heights holding different-colored umbrellas and you ask me to line them up logically... arrrgh.
    - And I usually do horribly on tests where each question is timed. I just crumble under the constant pressure.

Conclusion: I agree with FDG that it's biased in favor of people with strong 'visual' intelligence, and who are fairly familiar with modern digital-age concepts.
    Great breakdown.

I took a test in junior high and got 107. Other internet tests put me at around 105-120. I think it matters of you 'get' the author or not. I think I 'got' this one.
    Do you know who's the person with the highest IQ ever?

-----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------