User Tag List

123 Last

Yup
    MBTI
    Istj

Default sometimes i wonder if religion serves to keep the poor from killing the rich

im sitting by a bon fire right now, enjoying the weather tonight, with smores, thinking about how religion has served as a useful tool for institutions and officials.

it`s often seems like a useful tool, along with racism to cause divides in our population. if we are at odds with each other, no ones going to focus on central issues.
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine. "
    -Bruce Lee

MBTI
    INTP

Religion can be misused (for manipulation) just like anything can. Then again, religion that is misused is not religion. Religion in its true form is not a tool of social control--quite the opposite, as we saw with Christianity and the life of Jesus. We need to distinguish between religion and the people who practice it poorly.

Yup
    MBTI
    Istj

Quote Originally Posted by zago View Post
    Religion can be misused (for manipulation) just like anything can. Then again, religion that is misused is not religion. Religion in its true form is not a tool of social control--quite the opposite, as we saw with Christianity and the life of Jesus. We need to distinguish between religion and the people who practice it poorly.
    are you religious zago?
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine. "
    -Bruce Lee

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by gasoline View Post
    are you religious zago?
    Yes, very.

Yup
    MBTI
    Istj

Yes, very.
    do you feel like killing rich people?
    -Bruce Lee

WALMART

Yes, my lord?

MBTI
    INTP

Not really. I figure the greedy ones are their own punishment. Part of me is still definitely outraged at the collusion between the rich and government.

Yup
    MBTI
    Istj

Not really. I figure the greedy ones are their own punishment. Part of me is still definitely outraged at the collusion between the rich and government.
    greedy ones are their own punishment and people around them, depending on their level of clout suffer the collateral damage from their apathy. church people often act with piety as if they have something to teach the rich people, while they come from a position of nothing. not knowing the privileges that would ever be afforded to them. all they are taught is to pray for those with great influence, a passive role rather than active, which perpetuates things. " put it in jesus hands"

what they really are doing is allowing their fate to rest on the mercy of people who dont give a shit about them, in consequences of their choices.

its pathetic
    -Bruce Lee

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by gasoline View Post
    greedy ones are their own punishment and people around them, depending on their level of clout suffer the collateral damage from their apathy. church people often act with piety as if they have something to teach the rich people, while they come from a position of nothing. not knowing the privileges that would ever be afforded to them. all they are taught is to pray for those with great influence, a passive role rather than active, which perpetuates things. " put it in jesus hands"
    I don't see anything wrong with that. You've basically proven both of our points, I think. Religion teaches us that the material world is of low importance compared to the eternal. Saying that it is in god's hands is not only ultimately true, but also shows a certain lack of greed; if greedy people think they deserve the world, well, let them have it. As noted, it's only a fleeting thing anyway. Fighting for control of the world, even if it is ostensibly against the "greedy" is itself greedy and will always wind up turning into exactly what it was before. See: Animal Farm.

Yup
    MBTI
    Istj

I don't see anything wrong with that. You've basically proven both of our points, I think. Religion teaches us that the material world is of low importance compared to the eternal. Saying that it is in god's hands is not only ultimately true, but also shows a certain lack of greed; if greedy people think they deserve the world, well, let them have it. As noted, it's only a fleeting thing anyway. Fighting for control of the world, even if it is ostensibly against the "greedy" is itself greedy and will always wind up turning into exactly what it was before. See: Animal Farm.
    seems like a slave mindset to me or your cut fit for one, with those kind of thoughts
    -Bruce Lee