User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by gasoline View Post
    seems like a slave mindset to me.
    Sure, the big guys up at the top of the system can try to make a bunch of rules and say I have to follow them at gunpoint, but there is a part of me they'll never get, and there are certain things I'll never do. I'm not trying to prove anything, though. Jesus himself said, "give to Caesar what is Caesar's." Let's not make the mistake of thinking that money is important to who we are. I'm certainly not happy about being robbed by the government/rich people, but like I said, it's not that important that I'm gonna let it ruin my life. That would be a slave mindset. The serenity prayer goes "God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and wisdom to know the difference." That's what I'd have to go by, if you gotta ask. Also, if I were a particularly political person, I would be a libertarian, but again, I think it is more of a slave mindset to identify with that stuff than it is to "let go and let god."

Yup
    MBTI
    Istj

thats why the rich push religion.
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine. "
    -Bruce Lee

MBTI
    INTP

thats why the rich push religion.
    Maybe, maybe not. To do so would only give short term results at best. Religious people are definitely the hardest to control, in the end. Why? 'Cause they don't buy anything. Lol.

It would stop the poor and destitute reaching a point where they have nothing to lose. If there is a pleasant afterlife waiting for you then existential hardship becomes redundant, just something you put up with whilst you await an unimaginable reward. This is strengthened further when the wealthy ruling class become the ones who tell you how to get there e.g. papacy. Not many sensible person who believes they have everything to gain are going to deprive themselves of that future.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Standuble View Post
    It would stop the poor and destitute reaching a point where they have nothing to lose. If there is a pleasant afterlife waiting for you then existential hardship becomes redundant, just something you put up with whilst you await an unimaginable reward. This is strengthened further when the wealthy ruling class become the ones who tell you how to get there e.g. papacy. Not many sensible person who believes they have everything to gain are going to deprive themselves of that future.
    The opposite is equally, if not more, true. Religious people are constantly in a state of having nothing to lose because they believe in the eternal over the corporeal world. They aren't afraid to lose everything.

Yup
    MBTI
    Istj

Quote Originally Posted by zago View Post
    Maybe, maybe not. To do so would only give short term results at best. Religious people are definitely the hardest to control, in the end. Why? 'Cause they don't buy anything. Lol.
    what religion are you?
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine. "
    -Bruce Lee

MBTI
    INTP

what religion are you?
    They're all the same to me.

To clarify the above, I'm just saying... you know, what would the economy be like if we all became monks? Or even anything close to it.

Yup
    MBTI
    Istj

The opposite is equally, if not more, true. Religious people are constantly in a state of having nothing to lose because they believe in the eternal over the corporeal world. They aren't afraid to lose everything.

sounds like you would betray your childrens future easily because the after life holds many rewards for you and them and nothing on this earth has meaning? is this the right logic?
    -Bruce Lee

MBTI
    INTP

sounds like you would betray your childrens future easily because the after life holds many rewards for you and them and nothing on this earth has meaning? is this the right logic?
    That's a clever emotional appeal, little more. What reason would I have to betray my children?

Yup
    MBTI
    Istj

That's a clever emotional appeal, little more. What reason would I have to betray my children?
    its not an emotional appeal. its an appeal to your wisdom and intelligence. mainly your wisdom which you neglect.
    -Bruce Lee