First 23456 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by Honor View Post
    YAY, cafe, you're making me look forward to my 30s!
    You couldn't pay me enough to go back to anything before thirty.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

17 and 22

17 was my last year of high school. I remember feeling so free. College apps were over. Letters of acceptance received. Decision made. Last semester was just fun at that point. Had awesome groups of friends, most of whom I'd known for half my life or longer. Was having the best track season of my life, exacting revenge on my rivals for a shortcoming I'd had in the last race of my last cross country season earlier that year, and fell for the wiles of a beautiful half-vietnamese, half-italian seductress a grade below me who happened to be the former girlfriend of one of my greatest enemies, had my v card snatched by her that summer (God bless her soul), and got to publicly humiliate him as he tried to fight me about it at my best friend's graduation party.

22 because it was my last year of college, I'd convinced my parents to let me stay for a super senior year, so I could go for a triple major, I got the room I'd wanted since I was a freshman, and had it all to myself, I'd come out of the nihilistic funk/downward journey that had dominated my middle years of college (see: Jungian shadow / enantiodromia), I knew I'd grown immensely during the previous four years, had come to really know myself, and that what I'd gone through the prior years, while difficult and trying, had made me stronger, wiser, and better than I was before, and would've been without it. I owned my classes, my departments, my circle, and my self. The girl I'd been pursuing for six years (who I'd been hooking up with on-and-off for the last year) asked me to be her boyfriend (the ESFP). I graduated, moved back to Southern California, started working at my dream job at my first investment bank, moved into a place two blocks from the beach, and was with the girl I thought I was going to marry.

My life seems to go thru series of peaks and valleys as I move from one life stage to the next. I go thru trials, shed my previous self, beliefs and ideas, grow into someone new, but someone who is inextricably linked to those past selves, beliefs and ideas, love and appreciate my new self, life, and experience for a time, and then start the process all over again. I actually feel like I'm finishing a cycle now, and that the end of 2013 is heading in a very nice direction.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    17 and 22

17 was my last year of high school. I remember feeling so free. College apps were over. Letters of acceptance received. Decision made. Last semester was just fun at that point. Had awesome groups of friends, most of whom I'd known for half my life or longer. Was having the best track season of my life, exacting revenge on my rivals for a shortcoming I'd had in the last race of my last cross country season earlier that year, and fell for the wiles a beautiful half-vietnamese, half-italian seductress a grade below me who happened to be the former girlfriend of one of my greatest enemies, had my v card snatched by her that summer (God bless her soul), and got to publicly humiliate him as he tried to fight me about it at my best friend's graduation party.

22 because it was my last year of college, I'd convinced my parents to let me stay for a super senior year, so I could go for a triple major, I got the room I'd wanted since I was a freshman, and had it all to myself, I'd come out of the nihilistic funk/downward journey that had dominated my middle years of college (see: Jungian shadow / enantiodroma), I knew I'd grown immensely during the previous four years, had come to really know myself, and that what I'd gone through the prior years, while difficult and trying, had made me stronger, wiser, and better than I was before, and would've been without it. I owned my classes, my departments, my circle, and my self. The girl I'd been pursuing for six years (who I'd been hooking up with on-and-off for the last year) asked me to be her boyfriend (the ESFP). I graduated, moved back to Southern California, and started working at my first investment bank. I moved into a place two blocks from the beach, and was with the girl I thought I was going to marry.

My life seems to go thru a series of peaks and valleys as I move from one life stage to the next. I go thru trials, shed my previous self, beliefs and ideas, grow into someone new, but someone who is inextricably linked to those past selves, beliefs and ideas, love and appreciate my new self, life, and experience for a time, and then start the process all over again. I actually feel I'm finishing a cycle up now, and the end of 2013 is feeling like it's heading in a very nice direction.
    Wow! What a story this is!

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    You couldn't pay me enough to go back to anything before thirty.
    Seriously, I'm so relieved to hear this as someone who is feeling kinda blase about her twenties and confused at why everyone says all the fun to be had in life happens now. Is it personal growth or changing circumstances (job, family, etc) that made your mid 30s awesome, if you don't mind my asking?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

So far, this year (17) has probably been one of the best if not the best. I've done so many exciting things this year - partied it up, graduated, got an awesome scholarship, learned who my true friends are, and so many more things that would require a lot more typing. Can't wait for the future and hopefully even greater years ahead of me.

I'm pretty young, I know!
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

MBTI
    yupp

I feel like it's yet to come for me.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    So far, this year (17) has probably been one of the best if not the best. I've done so many exciting things this year - partied it up, graduated, got an awesome scholarship, learned who my true friends are, and so many more things that would require a lot more typing. Can't wait for the future and hopefully even greater years ahead of me.

I'm pretty young, I know!
    lol still underage to do anything fun.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by Honor View Post
    Seriously, I'm so relieved to hear this as someone who is feeling kinda blase about her twenties and confused at why everyone says all the fun to be had in life happens now. Is it personal growth or changing circumstances (job, family, etc) that made your mid 30s awesome, if you don't mind my asking?
    A few things. I'm very angsty by nature but the older I get, the more that seems to fade, which is huge.

I also had four babies in my twenties, so by my mid-thirties, they were all at a stage where they no longer needed car seats or diaper bags and could get themselves dressed and didn't have to constantly be watched for attempts at self-destruction via running into the street or choking to death on Legos, etc.

My husband got a better job with benefits around that time, too, which took us out of poverty. He wasn't traveling for work anymore and we were able to talk a walk together by ourselves most evenings when the weather was nice. It sounds silly but it was my version of paradise.

We lost a lot of that in the recession and are just now getting it back, but those years took a toll on my husband's health and also made us realize how easily the rug could be pulled out. Hopefully we'll make up for the losses soon and my mid-forties will be just as happy if not happier.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    lol still underage to do anything fun.
    I'm quite the party animal if that's what you mean. I don't know what else is underage besides alcohol, unless you mean sex which I've already gotten a taste of as well. The only other thing that comes to mind is gambling, which I'm not really attracted to in the first place. Feel free to bounce more ideas off on me so I have more stuff to look forward to when I get older!
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    I'm quite the party animal if that's what you mean. I don't know what else is underage besides alcohol, unless you mean sex which I've already gotten a taste of as well. The only other thing that comes to mind is gambling, which I'm not really attracted to in the first place. Feel free to bounce more ideas off on me so I have more stuff to look forward to when I get older!
    haha I don't wanna give you ideas that was part of the point.