User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Must be one I can no longer remember.

That means you're due for a super fantastic year.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    Still waiting for it. But I will say childhood was wasted on me, I'm glad I'm past it now.....time will tell if I change my mind with age and it's difficulties.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    I remember hugging my mother and telling her very solemnly that I did not want to get any older than six. Not because life was so great, its just that I looked at what lay ahead and didn't see the luster of adulthood. Years are sometimes swinging up and sometimes swinging down, but in retrospect especially, never really completing the turn to best or worst because hindsight tempers that for me.
    Childhood can be highly overrated if your circumstances are subpar...which happens to a lot of people, I think.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

Idk. I've been enjoying the fuck out of my mid-twenties.
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

MBTI
    XXFP

last year was pretty good. lots of travel and adventure. best in my life? sure. i'm not good at qualifying this stuff.

this year has kinda sucked so far, lots of work, very little fun, broke my ankle. but when i get all this work done and i sell off all this stuff i think the second half...or the last 1/3...or last 1/4 at least (hopefully) should be fairly exciting.

if i get my stuff together and fortune smiles on me next year should be fairly badass.
    Don't know how much it'll bend til it breaks.

This past year has been pretty fun, I have grown, tried new things, etc etc. Family-wise, it could have been better.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

MBTI
    IxFx
    Enneagram
    9w1 so/sx

I remember watching a TED talk (can't remember the name of it, or who spoke) about the "remembering self" and the "experiencing self" (someone help if they know what I'm talking about, please!). In line with the former, and judging by the criteria I now use (as opposed to then), I'd probably say this next one; I've laid the groundwork for a potentially-best-thus-far year during the current one. Experientially, by moment-to-moment happiness, it was probably my 6th or 7th year -- loved school, my parents were busy with my infant sibling so they pretty much left me to do whatever I wanted, it was before my mother had her breakdown, I had some friends to play with, a shiny new bicycle, and all the time in the world.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so

Quote Originally Posted by Tabula View Post
    I remember watching a TED talk (can't remember the name of it, or who spoke) about the "remembering self" and the "experiencing self" (someone help if they know what I'm talking about, please!). In line with the former, and judging by the criteria I now use (as opposed to then), I'd probably say this next one; I've laid the groundwork for a potentially-best-thus-far year during the current one. Experientially, by moment-to-moment happiness, it was probably my 6th or 7th year -- loved school, my parents were busy with my infant sibling so they pretty much left me to do whatever I wanted, it was before my mother had her breakdown, I had some friends to play with, a shiny new bicycle, and all the time in the world.
    That's a sweet description of childhood. Except the breakdown part.

garbage

Screw everything that was before my current age, basically.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

I'm really hoping it hasn't happened yet because so far I'm not impressed.

violaine

This year has been great. I have liked my life more and more the older I get, so perhaps the best is yet to come. I have a nice, strong base from which to explore and I can't wait to see what the future holds. I have twin babies and I wouldn't mind one more child. (I'd actually love two or three more kids, but if I did, I fear there'd be no time left for creative/business pursuits). Life is fun and great and it's really going to suck to die one day. :-/