User Tag List

123 Last

Yup
    MBTI
    Istj

Default the purge, would you partcipate?

(its a stupid movie) would you sit at home with doors and windows locked, hoping to avoid visits. how would you prepare? can you thnk of a few people that need to be purged? would the purge make society better?
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine. "
    -Bruce Lee

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by gasoline View Post
    (its a stupid movie) would you sit at home with doors and windows locked, hoping to avoid visits. how would you prepare? can you thnk of a few people that need to be purged? would the purge make society better?
    From wiki synopsis:

In 2022, the United States is a nation reborn ruled by the New Founding Fathers of America. To maintain low crime and unemployment rates throughout the year, the government has installed an annual twelve-hour period called "The Purge" during which all criminal activity, including murder, becomes legal. The only rules during The Purge are that "Level 10" government officials must remain unharmed and usage of weaponry above "Class 4" is forbidden. The Purge is designed to act as a catharsis for the American people, so that they may vent all negative emotions however they desire.

The Purge is a terrible idea IRL, albeit a promising dystopian film idea.

No, I would not participate in The Purge. If my home nation (America) was doing this, I would relocate & apply for EU citizenship.

If it became global- I'd buy materials from various places, over an extended period of time, & build an underground shelter, never telling a single soul. I would go there at least a month before The Purge. Perhaps even lie to those familiar with me, & tell them I took it as an annual vacation, one I liked to finish out by losing my shit on some poor indigenous person in a far-off land before returning home. Maybe add some classic NF bs about how it makes me feel reborn or something, to make it more believable.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

MBTI
    MRDR

Yes. I support the purge.

I purge preemptively in anticipation of the purge.

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Sounds like a terrible idea to me.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by gasoline View Post
    I can think of a hell of a lot of people who need to be purged, I'd sit at home and be tooled to the absolute max, I'd transform my home into one big trap for asshats and let them come.

The reason being that the people who I think need to be purged do things to deserve that, they arent accidentially wicked or engaging in so called victimless crime or just the product of and producer of social and familial fails but the the predators and jerks who get their kicks out of hurting others or who're compelled by the wish to see others suffer, shut off from their own empathy one way or another.

Those assholes wouldnt be able to sit home during something like the purge, they'd go out looking for people who they imagine have wronged them or who they're jealous off or who they've been fooled by others into resenting and wanting to hurt.

So when they do go out to cause harm I figure if they experience some really serious and swift natural consequences and this is made clear to others for what it is, no ambivalence, no rationalisation or distortion afforded but simple truthful interpretations, go out to do harm to others and you can expect to have it visited upon you, possibly fatally so. That could serve some utilitarian or socially beneficial purpose I suppose.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

God no. A hundred times no. I'd hunker down, shelter up, and shoot anyone that trespassed. I think my dad and I would make a pretty good sniper team between the two of us.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1

I don't know if many people would, like, go on murdering sprees to vent their frustrations. It's a silly idea because there's no need for it. Maybe punch-someone-in-the-face hour. That sounds like a better idea.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    God no. A hundred times no. I'd hunker down, shelter up, and shoot anyone that trespassed. I think my dad and I would make a pretty good sniper team between the two of us.
    This.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Ism View Post
    I don't know if many people would, like, go on murdering sprees to vent their frustrations. It's a silly idea because there's no need for it. Maybe punch-someone-in-the-face hour. That sounds like a better idea.
    Depends on if everyone's doing it though.

We are coming to it with all our preconceived notions about the wrongness of the act whereas if we had grown up in a world where it was normal to participate and the was no stigma against it....

That would make things more complicated.

Ginkgo

Why would anyone see the cathartic aspect of "the purge" as a solution? People already break the law when they truly want to. Besides the obvious ethical qualms, it seems unnecessary.