User Tag List

Oberon

Default The Dead Sea Scrolls Reinterpreted

The other day my whole family was riding somewhere in our van, when over the radio came some mention of a display of the Qumran scrolls, a.k.a. The Dead Sea Scrolls.

"What?" said my 12-year-old son, looking most puzzled.

"The Dead Sea Scrolls," I said. "Ancient scrolls stored in a cave by the Essenes, copies of Leviticus and stuff. You know."

"Oh!" he said, as the light dawned. "I thought they said 'dead sea squirrels,' and I was wondering what a sea squirrel was, and why they had dead ones on display."

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    The other day my whole family was riding somewhere in our van, when over the radio came some mention of a display of the Qumran scrolls, a.k.a. The Dead Sea Scrolls.

"The Dead Sea Scrolls," I said. "Ancient scrolls stored in a cave by the Essenes, copies of Leviticus and stuff. You know."

"Oh!" he said, as the light dawned. "I thought they said 'dead sea squirrels,' and I was wondering what a sea squirrel was, and why they had dead ones on display."
    I was sad to hear all the sea squirrels had gone extinct. (But i have hopes that the sea raccoon is still thriving deep in the hidden mysteries of the ocean floor.)

.... so is this conversation going to get serious at some point, or do I need to move it to Bonfire?
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Oberon

Oh, sorry... category discipline is only one of my many, many faults.

Yeah, if ever a thread deserved to be thrown on the Bonfire, this was it.

MBTI
    InTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp
    Socionics
    INTj Ni

I, for one, was spiritually moved by this.

Oberon

They're not all dead.

MBTI
    INxJ

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post

Awww lol

I'm a raw foodist. Some people in the raw food lifestyle like to 'prove' their way of eating is correct due to raw food being mentioned as the most optimal diet in the Book of Peace. There's also a faith called the Essene Gospel.

I don't buy into it. I have my own reasons for diet.

MBTI
    yupp

That made me chuckle, mostly because I've had similar things happen to me. I'll be confused because I think someone had said something else, and I'm going in my head "What's __ ?" I'll eventually ask them and then it will turn out their talking about something totally different and not sea squirels or whatever I thought they said and I do know about they were talking about.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    ENTP

There are still sea rabbits to be found:

And there is one lone sea-faring squirrel who only comes ashore to have his share of wine and women, bringing his catch for all to see and admire.

Madman's azure lie: a zen miasma ruled.

Realize us, Madman!

I razed a slum, Amen.

Default The mystery deepens

In 1995, a Dead Sea Scroll depicting a Dead Sea Squirrel was discovered...

The Dead Sea Squirrels