123 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    sx
    Socionics
    ENTp

Question Type of people on this site

I was thinking that most people who become interested in personality typing would be MBTI type xNxx - intuitive... not saying a sensing type could never get into it, but I wonder if they are just less interested?

Anyone agree?
    does shit pope in the woods?

MBTI
    INTP

I agree. Any time I see an "S" here I am suspicious. Sensates don't like theoretical discussions. Nothing wrong with that. I don't like "doing" lol. Obviously I know it is possible that they are correctly typed, but I maintain a state of high suspicion. I think the reason a sensate would be here would be if they had a significant intuitive friend, lover, or family member in their life and wandered here for insight, and then found that they were a rare commodity and a much desired alternate perspective. It's a cool little reversal of real life. Here, intuitives dominate, sensates are the minority. It's fun to switch places.

Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by zago View Post
    I agree. Any time I see an "S" here I am suspicious. Sensates don't like theoretical discussions. Nothing wrong with that. I don't like "doing" lol. Obviously I know it is possible that they are correctly typed, but I maintain a state of high suspicion. I think the reason a sensate would be here would be if they had a significant intuitive friend, lover, or family member in their life and wandered here for insight, and then found that they were a rare commodity and a much desired alternate perspective. It's a cool little reversal of real life. Here, intuitives dominate, sensates are the minority. It's fun to switch places.
    C#2-C#5-F#5
    3 octaves, 2 notes and 1 semitone
    Supported range: F#2-F#4-C#5

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

As an enneagram 8w7, I learn mbti so I can know what everyone is thinking at all times in order to protect myself from sheisty f***s. This is why I'm one of the few ESTP's to care about the topic. I also use it in a practical fashion so I can identify the personality type of my dream woman, narrow down her location, and hunter her for myself.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

The one common denominator would probably that all people, who come here like to put people into boxes. I could perfectly understand it, if someone wouldnt want to do that, but I dont believe its S-type exclusively.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ISTP

The internet in general is the natural habitat of introverted intuitives. There's always a significant majority of them on forums such as this one. And they have their own forums which are even more active. I think some of the extroverted intuitives have their own forums too.

In contrast, some ISTPs tried to start a forum once and it failed miserably due to lack of interest. I don't know if any of the sensor types have a successful forum, but I'd be surprised. Sensors dwell mainly in the real world. If they gravitate to internet forums for extended periods of time it's usually because there's something wrong with them. Confusion, depression, loneliness, being in a rut, etc.

But you're wrong to suggest that sensors can't develop an interest in personality typing. It's true that they get bored with purely theoretical discussions, and I'm sure most of them would disregard personality typing as a purely theoretical subject. But they'd be mistaken, because it's not a purely theoretical subject at all. It's factual, practical and extremely useful knowledge to have in real life. If you N types think otherwise, then I don't know. Saying that sensors don't belong here is like saying MBTI is useless. Is that really what you believe?

MBTI
    IxFx
    Enneagram
    9w1 so/sx

This sensate does; I just don't live and breathe it the way Ns seem to. Also, it's rather easy to avoid the really heavy theoretical discussions when I don't have the patience or interest.

I'm introverted. I like people. I like hearing perspectives other than my own. I like wasting time. I like finding ways to understand myself and others better. None of these reasons for being here are incommensurate with Sness.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Tabula View Post
    This sensate does; I just don't live and breathe it the way Ns seem to. Also, it's rather easy to avoid the really heavy theoretical discussions when I don't have the patience or interest.

I'm introverted. I like people. I like hearing perspectives other than my own. I like wasting time. I like finding ways to understand myself and others better. None of these reasons for being here are incommensurate with Sness.
    /thread
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Quote Originally Posted by Jug View Post
    I was thinking that most people who become interested in personality typing would be MBTI type xNxx - intuitive... not saying a sensing type could never get into it, but I wonder if they are just less interested?

Anyone agree?
    Hmm, yeah, I wonder what Jung's type was and what he would have thought.

your resident asshole

Any time I see an "S" here I am suspicious.
    Suspicious of what? It's not like we're planning to overthrow the forums or anything. Or are we?

And anyway, I'm the opposite. I find it strange that there are so many N's here when the world is supposedly mostly S's. Don't you think that statistically there should be more S's around here? There are supposedly more of us, so then there would be more of us that happen to stumble this way.