User Tag List

First 123

your resident asshole

Quote Originally Posted by Sinmara View Post
    Thank you. I like to think that it represents me Ni. And my resting bitchface.
    Hahaha! I think I used to have a resting depressed face. People used to always ask me what was wrong when I was just sitting there. I must've grown out of it though.

Well, you chose to take time out of your day to be all about it on the internet, so you must care a little.
    I don't care what type people are, but I do care when people say that the Internet is not for sensors or when people are completely wrong about MBTI stereotypes in general. (This was apparently not what zago was saying, but I misinterpreted it as such.) There are loads of things a sensor would enjoy on the Internet. Deviantart is probably filled with Se users (and NF's). YouTube is probably filled with SP's.

They're all out having fun and seeing their friends and bicycling and going to concerts and rock climbing and getting drunk and cooking and running businesses and making their family their life and being involved in their community and all that crap.
    Hate to break it to you, but many sensors are not as productive or active as you might think.

That leaves us internet trolls to stare at the comforting glow of our computers with pupils dilated not from the darkness in which dwell but from isolated, over-thinky, nerdy joy.

Ahh...home.

It makes sense that there's a ton of Ns in this place vs the rest of the world. Like attracts like. Ns travel in packs. This is just one huge internet pack.

We are...a wolf pack.

[IMG]
    I suppose...but I've also seen MBTI or similar tests on non-MBTI forums...yet the results still tend to lean more towards N.

Again, this is purely anecdotal evidence.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    I don't care what type people are, but I do care when people say that the Internet is not for sensors or when people are completely wrong about MBTI stereotypes in general. (This was apparently not what zago was saying, but I misinterpreted it as such.) There are loads of things a sensor would enjoy on the Internet. Deviantart is probably filled with Se users (and NF's). YouTube is probably filled with SP's.
    Nobody in the thread suggested that the internet was for intuitives. It was said the internet is a playground for IxNx types (or Ni? seemed unclear) and you find a lot of them in forums such as this, but I just glanced through and didn't see any sweeping statements suggesting that the internet is not for sensors.

I mean, hell, there's Farmville and Twitter and Facebook and WoW. It's Sensor heaven over there.

Hate to break it to you, but many sensors are not as productive or active as you might think.
    I wasn't suggesting they were doing all of those things. Gah, that would be exhausting.

I just didn't think the stoners cupping their balls as they sit on the sofa and watch TV were worth mentioning.

I suppose...but I've also seen MBTI or similar tests on non-MBTI forums...yet the results still tend to lean more towards N.
    Well, maybe the common theme is that you're looking at forums where people enjoy sitting around having debates and conversations on topics. No one claims that sensors are incapable of having deep and thoughtful conversations, it's just that many Ns (particularly NJs) seem to get an almost masturbatory sense of satisfaction from it. There are levels, you know?
    Never wrestle with a pig. You will get dirty and the pig will enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    The one common denominator would probably that all people, who come here like to put people into boxes.
    If we didn't have people putting people into boxes, we wouldn't be able to take them out.

In the ecology of boxes, both are necessary, and part of a functioning and diverse ecology.

your resident asshole

Quote Originally Posted by Sinmara View Post
    Nobody in the thread suggested that the internet was for intuitives. It was said the internet is a playground for IxNx types (or Ni? seemed unclear) and you find a lot of them in forums such as this, but I just glanced through and didn't see any sweeping statements suggesting that the internet is not for sensors.
    Right. I've already said that I've simply misinterpreted the post. I wouldn't have otherwise responded in that manner.

Well, maybe the common theme is that you're looking at forums where people enjoy sitting around having debates and conversations on topics. No one claims that sensors are incapable of having deep and thoughtful conversations, it's just that many Ns (particularly NJs) seem to get an almost masturbatory sense of satisfaction from it. There are levels, you know?
    I suppose this is a possibility. They're just my observations anyway, not facts that can be applied everywhere.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    If we didn't have people putting people into boxes, we wouldn't be able to take them out.

In the ecology of boxes, both are necessary, and part of a functioning and diverse ecology.
    Yes thats true; I do the boxing myself.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]