User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 36

  1. #21
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    2,365

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fia View Post
    I've always been in the arts, but I'm thinking of maybe getting a degree in web technology. That would be a huge change but it could also help market the art related work I've already done. I never considered myself that good at programming, but I also never tried it that much. I never had the big picture and so had to approach it with tunnel vision. Also my goal is to live quietly in the forest so this would increase my ability to work online and remotely.

    If anyone else is reinventing their life, feel free to share. This thread is for everyone. ������
    I am.

    And I hope you find your quiet place in the forest.
    Likes labyrinthine liked this post

  2. #22
    darkened dreams labyrinthine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    8,595

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Evee View Post
    I am.

    And I hope you find your quiet place in the forest.
    Thank you, Evee! and I hope your reinventing goes well.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)
    Likes Evee liked this post

  3. #23
    darkened dreams labyrinthine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    8,595

    Default

    Next Friday I meet with the admissions office to apply to start a degree in Computer Information Systems with a major in Web Technology. I'm not certain if my brain will cooperate, but it is primarily a programming degree. There are a couple of websites I need to create anyways, and I have ideas for quite a few educational apps, so it might be a realistic way to make money when I'm done. It's a significant commitment with 60 semester hours of technology classes, but if I got very tired of freelancing, I could apply for actual jobs, even if for a few years at a time. My analytical reasoning/logic skills test the highest, I'm organized, and can be thorough, so that should be helpful, but I've never programmed on my own for "fun" like most programmers I've known do. It's not my natural inclination, but it's not impossible I could be good at it. Who knows. It does feel like a significant change, and it's not something I ever foresaw myself doing. I'm rather tired and overwhelmed a lot of the time, but my work schedule is flexible, and the tuition is very cheap at the local community college. Here goes.

    It would be cool to hear how anyone else is reinventing their own self.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

  4. #24
    breaking out of my cocoon SearchingforPeace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE None
    Posts
    6,592

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fia View Post
    Next Friday I meet with the admissions office to apply to start a degree in Computer Information Systems with a major in Web Technology. I'm not certain if my brain will cooperate, but it is primarily a programming degree. There are a couple of websites I need to create anyways, and I have ideas for quite a few educational apps, so it might be a realistic way to make money when I'm done. It's a significant commitment with 60 semester hours of technology classes, but if I got very tired of freelancing, I could apply for actual jobs, even if for a few years at a time. My analytical reasoning/logic skills test the highest, I'm organized, and can be thorough, so that should be helpful, but I've never programmed on my own for "fun" like most programmers I've known do. It's not my natural inclination, but it's not impossible I could be good at it. Who knows. It does feel like a significant change, and it's not something I ever foresaw myself doing. I'm rather tired and overwhelmed a lot of the time, but my work schedule is flexible, and the tuition is very cheap at the local community college. Here goes.

    It would be cool to hear how anyone else is reinventing their own self.
    Excellent.

    I have a friend who was a theatre actor and vocalist until she had her daughter. Later on, she became a fitness instructor and taught vocal.

    She informed me today she is pusuring a PsyD now, a career she would be excellent in as well. She will turn 50 when she finishes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archilochus
    The fox knows many things--the hedgehog one big one.
    And I am not a hedgehog......

    -------------------

    Jesus said "Blessed are the peacemakers" not "blessed are the conflict avoiders.....

    9w8 6w5 4w5 sx/so

    ----------------------

    “Orthodoxy means not thinking--not needing to think. Orthodoxy is unconsciousness.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984
    Likes labyrinthine liked this post

  5. #25
    eye of the storm magpie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3,560

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SearchingforPeace View Post
    Excellent.

    I have a friend who was a theatre actor and vocalist until she had her daughter. Later on, she became a fitness instructor and taught vocal.

    She informed me today she is pusuring a PsyD now, a career she would be excellent in as well. She will turn 50 when she finishes.
    Do you know what made her quit her career as a stage actor? Was it because it was too difficult or time consuming with a child? Or did she have some other reason?
    Likes Xann liked this post

  6. #26
    breaking out of my cocoon SearchingforPeace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE None
    Posts
    6,592

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hel View Post
    Do you know what made her quit her career as a stage actor? Was it because it was too difficult or time consuming with a child? Or did she have some other reason?
    She just had her best role to rave reviews... but her husband moved with her daughter far away chasing his career. She decided her daughter was more important.

    But she planned to go back. Earlier this year, she stated auditioning all around where she lives.... 15 years after quitting
    Quote Originally Posted by Archilochus
    The fox knows many things--the hedgehog one big one.
    And I am not a hedgehog......

    -------------------

    Jesus said "Blessed are the peacemakers" not "blessed are the conflict avoiders.....

    9w8 6w5 4w5 sx/so

    ----------------------

    “Orthodoxy means not thinking--not needing to think. Orthodoxy is unconsciousness.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

  7. #27
    eye of the storm magpie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3,560

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SearchingforPeace View Post
    She just had her best role to rave reviews... but her husband moved with her daughter far away chasing his career. She decided her daughter was more important.

    But she planned to go back. Earlier this year, she stated auditioning all around where she lives.... 15 years after quitting
    Good for her for starting again. I would hate to have someone value their own career over mine. But it seems that's pretty common if you're a woman or in the arts.
    Likes Xann liked this post

  8. #28
    breaking out of my cocoon SearchingforPeace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE None
    Posts
    6,592

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hel View Post
    Good for her for starting again. I would hate to have someone value their own career over mine. But it seems that's pretty common if you're a woman or in the arts.
    Her husband was not very supportive at the time. He wanted her to be a traditional mom, even though he didn't come from that background.

    She actually recently did a singing performance this summer, but is much more excited to become a therapist, so I expect that she might not do much acting
    Quote Originally Posted by Archilochus
    The fox knows many things--the hedgehog one big one.
    And I am not a hedgehog......

    -------------------

    Jesus said "Blessed are the peacemakers" not "blessed are the conflict avoiders.....

    9w8 6w5 4w5 sx/so

    ----------------------

    “Orthodoxy means not thinking--not needing to think. Orthodoxy is unconsciousness.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

  9. #29
    eye of the storm magpie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3,560

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SearchingforPeace View Post
    Her husband was not very supportive at the time. He wanted her to be a traditional mom, even though he didn't come from that background.

    She actually recently did a singing performance this summer, but is much more excited to become a therapist, so I expect that she might not do much acting
    Well, good for her for following her dreams as they change. My (53 year old) mother just finished her teaching degree after having been a professional musician and then a chef and business owner.

  10. #30
    Theta Male Julius_Van_Der_Beak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None
    Posts
    9,040

    Default

    I'm becoming more aware of my surroundings and noticing all kinds of interesting things. I'm paying more attention to what people are wearing and what the body language is like. I'm also taking more risks, which is reaping benefits. I'm friendlier and less irritated by children, and much more patient and willing to wait for things. I'm kindet and more generous, and more outwardky goofy while also being more aware of limitations. I'm much more health conscious.
    Likes labyrinthine liked this post

Similar Threads

  1. How to like oneself?
    By ygolo in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 65
    Last Post: 02-24-2014, 01:33 AM
  2. [MBTItm] NT seeking SP tactical advice to position oneself in workplace
    By Usehername in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 01-13-2014, 11:12 AM
  3. Reinvention
    By Gamine in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-24-2010, 01:13 PM
  4. [ENTP] ENTP: trying not to be too clever for oneself
    By Drezoryx in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 05-11-2010, 07:53 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO