User Tag List

First 234

RDF

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    i almost puked looking that shit

and here you have more realistic view on things instead of that emotional manipulation shit:

[video]

"All it is now, is getting out and saving face. We are not leaving because we achieved our goals, we are leaving because we have given up achieving those goals. The only goal now is to look good as we pull out."
    -> make videos like at op
    I don’t disagree with you. I would just point out that Memorial Day isn’t about whether we should or shouldn’t be in Afghanistan. Holidays aren’t about agreeing or disagreeing with any particular government policy or foreign policy stance. Holidays are just about recognizing people who have a difficult job.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by FineLine View Post
    I don’t disagree with you. I would just point out that Memorial Day isn’t about whether we should or shouldn’t be in Afghanistan. Holidays aren’t about agreeing or disagreeing with any particular government policy or foreign policy stance. Holidays are just about recognizing people who have a difficult job.
    Yea but that video glorifies failure and tries to create a positive emotional reaction about fucking up a country, people dying like hell(and like in hell as they pretty much created a hell on earth) etc etc.. This way trying to mislead people by emotional manipulation.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

RDF

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    Yea but that video glorifies failure and tries to create a positive emotional reaction about fucking up a country, people dying like hell(and like in hell as they pretty much created a hell on earth) etc etc.. This way trying to mislead people by emotional manipulation.
    Oh well. I'm probably the only one who actually watched the video in the OP before you posted. But now that you've trashed it, everyone who visits the thread will have to watch the OP video in order to see what the fuss was about.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Oh well. I'm probably the only one who actually watched the video in the OP before you posted. But now that you've trashed it, everyone who visits the thread will have to watch the OP video in order to see what the fuss was about.
    i would recommend them to watch the video i posted before watching the video at op
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    Any marines on these forums? pretty badass.
    If I recall correctly, Engineer is in ROTC for the Marines, so on his way in.

Technically, Veterans Day was for celebrating living vets and was a little more of a party, whereas Memorial Day was for remembering dead vets and was a bit more solemn. In addition to those two days, there were a bunch of other holidays devoted to the military over time: Armistice Day, Pearl Harbor Day, V-Day, Armed Forces Day, etc.

Over time, the military holidays got pared down. Now I think the only one that remains a federal holiday is Memorial Day. So all the other functions kind of got rolled into that one day. On top of that, Memorial Day is also the kick-off of the summer vacation season: This last fact alone makes it one of the biggest party weekends of the year.
    Veteran's Day is still a federal holiday, and falls on the same date (11 Nov) as the old Armistice Day. Churches at least usually take the remembrance aspect of Memorial Day fairly seriously.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

RDF

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Veteran's Day is still a federal holiday, and falls on the same date (11 Nov) as the old Armistice Day. Churches at least usually take the remembrance aspect of Memorial Day fairly seriously.
    Yep. Thanks for spotting that and correcting it.