User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    INTP

My avatar is what it is to achieve a sense of contrast. My posts tend to be devoid of warmth, purely intended for cold intellectual precision. Also they tend to be quite intense. The baby bunny is ironic, but at the same time, it also represents a sense of mischief and destruction in disguise. Tiny little me? Rabbits are very destructive creatures, though they don't look it. My intent when I write is to destroy my own and other people's beliefs, and thereby create chaos, my preferred state. The "known" suffocates me because it is never perfect, I hate it, I feel this urge to annihilate it whenever I see it. Third, and lastly, I like the fact that the baby bunny is sticking its tongue out, 'cause it is defiant like that (even though it is just a little bunny). Overall, my avatar aims to make a far grander statement via utter antithesis than could ever be made otherwise. If I picked something else that is destructive, like a bomb going off, would it really say as much?

It's like that song "Here Comes Your Man" by the Pixies. It's this happy surf rock song about... the atomic bombing of Nagasaki. The ironically carefree melody is exactly what makes it so deadly powerful and moving.

At the same time, though, I do have this soft, playful side that is hidden in most of my posts.

My avatar used to be the gopher from Caddyshack, for similar reasons. I love the ironic destructiveness of cute little animals. Maybe there's something to it. I've been permabanned from the last 2 forums I frequented. I dunno what happens. I just post what I think to post, and I wind up setting everyone into a frenzy and then it's all over. Whatev I guess.

Do people sense the spirit of my avatar? I dunno. As for what I think about others' avatars, it is mostly unconscious, but I do feel they tend to accurately portray the intended message of whoever picked them. In the end, though, I don't think it has a very significant effect on how I think of a poster once I really get to know them and their habits. Just one small little part of their personality.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    I might have to bring that back sometime.

The current one is
    But I'm confused. You have dominant Fe.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

@zago

You can't fool people. We all know INTPs secretly like cute, cuddly things
    4w5 sp/sx EII

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Back when I had Hiei as my avatar people seemed to take my posts way too seriously.

Then I tried some avatars that were based on silly humor, and the response was the total opposite - people seemed to either ignore me or treat me like a court jester.

For some reason, the current one has been getting me pretty balanced responses, though it should be noted that my vibe is influenced by me trying to be consistent with the avatar presented.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

My avatar represents my overwhelming Fe!
    I really like cats and food.

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by zago View Post
    But I'm confused. You have dominant Fe.
    Stereotypically, Fe is all about laughing when other people laugh, sending greeting cards, and hosting/caretaking. I'm not down with any of that stuff, so by some definitions, I'd have terrible Fe.

MBTI
    INTP

Stereotypically, Fe is all about laughing when other people laugh, sending greeting cards, and hosting/caretaking. I'm not down with any of that stuff, so by some definitions, I'd have terrible Fe.
    We should talk about Fe, then. I promise, if you are an ENFJ, you have badass Fe. You might just not understand what it is, or you might be mistyped.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I interpreted the avatar as simple sloppiness and careless, neither of which I would associate with you.

I suppose it could also show the giftwrapping skills of a 5 year old.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

Glycerine

My avatars are usually playing with the meaning of my screen name, random things I like, abstract pics, or slightly artsy self-pics.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

I think my avatar represents my inner self quite well.

Thoughtful and dreamy.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf