User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Look at my avatar! It demands you pay attention to it.
    Lol. Always liked that one.

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Look at my avatar! It demands you pay attention to it.
    I've always thought there was some kind of obvious similarity between your avatar and mine. Perhaps it shows a similar disposition of spirit...

And the paradox is that we both can be very serious posters when we feel the mood for it... But not always...
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

Society

yes, that's why for the most part i've kept to the same avy-character since my 2nd avy change (while infrequently changing the pic, its always the same guy in it, and might be for awhile).

when others change their avatars it takes awhile to get used to it, but i am more of a "relate to the content" guy anyway, so it can be sort of fun, you're answering a post and suddenly you realize the person you're quoting sounds familiar... "oh wait isn't that?" *check the name* oh right...

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    Do you feel like avatars play a role in the idea you have of other members? How so?
    Yes. I do notice them, and do take them into consideration. Not in a deliberate way like I think it's an infallible clue or anything, but in a way that I notice I do it. Your avatar, for instance, gives me a sense of you being a bit playful but thoughtful. I don't, however, take my 'evaluation' seriously in that I think it must be right. Only in that it personalizes the poster in such a way that they feel more real and individual. I can't help but see them as "this is how this person wishes to express themselves. For whatever their reasons, this is still how they chose to do it." So it counts.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    Do you notice a change in the responses according to how friendly/sexy/intellectual your avatar is?
    I've always noticed this. Actually, I've noticed it so much that I began, years ago, to start using avatars which are as close to depicting me as possible both physically (blonde, etc.), while still being somewhat abstract to express my personality. They're a blend of those two. Because it feels like the response I'm getting isn't accurate when it's not "me." Which seriously bugs that part of me that needs truth and also makes me feel disingenuous or feel like I'm being a liar.

For the few that annoy me, I use Adblock. It's rare, but it happens.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post
    I've always thought there was some kind of obvious similarity between your avatar and mine. Perhaps it shows a similar disposition of spirit...

And the paradox is that we both can be very serious posters when we feel the mood for it... But not always...
    I also feel that Orangey's avatar is related to mine.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

I change avatars frequently, but there is only about 2-3 that I fallback on (the one I have now is one of them.)

There probably is a thing or two to say, obviously, since I seem to go back to those three.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

I think its important, I do think of it in terms of gender indication too and I'm more inclined to remember avatars than names for the most part.

If someone has choosen an avatar of someone or something I hate I'm probably going to have a dislike of them until I know better.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Rail Tracer View Post
    I change avatars frequently, but there is only about 2-3 that I fallback on (the one I have now is one of them.)

There probably is a thing or two to say, obviously, since I seem to go back to those three.
    You change your avatar more than just about anyone I've noticed, but they're all illustrations of combat-ready dudes so it's not very confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    You change your avatar more than just about anyone I've noticed, but they're all illustrations of combat-ready dudes so it's not very confusing.
    LOL, that was a phrase mostly because my mind was all up in Ghost Recon.

But, if I were to talk about the ones I fall back on more than a few times, it'll be

This

And

Both strikingly similar.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Rail Tracer View Post
    LOL, that was a phrase mostly because my mind was all up in Ghost Recon.

But, if I were to talk about the ones I fall back on more than a few times, it'll be

This

And

Both strikingly similar.
    The Ghost Recon one was pretty radical IMO.