User Tag List

12 Last

Epiphany

Default Labor Pain Simulation on Men

For the mothers out there. We applaud you!

It's always something... PuddleRiver's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Excellent.
    "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay one invincible summer."
    ~~~~
    A Christian's life may be the only Bible some people ever read.
    ~~~~
    "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them" Maya Angelou.
    ~~~~
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Gandhi
    ~~~~

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

"And now in normal labor, you'd be getting ready to have another contraction..." "yeah but I don't want one right now" ahahahaha...I'm sitting here crying with laughter.

Oh man! After four natural births, this made my day in the biggest way! Thank you for posting that!

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

That was a great video. I wonder how many guys watching it STILL don't believe it's as painful as they say. Chalking it up to being wusses who just can't take pain, are over-acting for effect or to appease their wives, or the women giving the test deliberately making it ten times more painful than it actually is, etc.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by digesthisickness View Post
    That was a great video. I wonder how many guys watching it STILL don't believe it's as painful as they say. Chalking it up to being wusses who just can't take pain, are over-acting for effect or to appease their wives, or the women giving the test deliberately making it ten times more painful than it actually is, etc.
    I have no doubt that plenty are doing just that.

I like how they tried to simulate real labor by giving them contractions, letting them wane, building up again.

Not enough though...what about transition? Did they do it for at least 8 hours or more? Yeah...let's see that! How 'bout a uterine transplant AND postpartum (maybe after a C-section) with engorged breasts, a colicky newborn infant, and a crazed mind from lack of sleep? Where your swaddled baby starts to look like a giant burrito because you haven't eaten in days? Or is it daze? huh? Huh? Labor is just the start of the party! I have to admit it made me laugh.

And childbirth is NOT the worst pain ever. I wish...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

this was great lol ... I can't say childbirth is the worst pain, but it definitely sweeps you into it, it's happening whether you want to go along for the ride or not!

(the original link isn't working for me, here's another

"Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    this was great lol ... I can't say childbirth is the worst pain, but it definitely sweeps you into it, it's happening whether you want to go along for the ride or not!
    Agreed. I compared it to drowning in a way. You struggle to stay afloat but it really does suck you down into it. Dental pain is worse than my drug free labors, imo.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Childbirth pain was the worst pain ever for me, at least the first time when I was induced. Induced labor was far worse for me than spontaneous, natural labor. I handled my second child's birth, a spontaneous labor, pretty well and never felt like I needed anything more powerful than a warm bath and some massage to help me cope with it. That first induced labor, on the other hand, was a fuckin' bitch from the start and I begged for help.

A kidney infection I had about 5 years ago was worse than my second child's birth but didn't really approach the first one.

MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Perhaps the movie Junior should be mandatory viewing in elementary schools.

Actually, I watched the trailer, and I don't think I'd wish that movie on anyone.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I love Junior!

I had some drugs while I was in labor. Never an epidural, even though I wanted them. My first childbirth was pretty bad because I was scared and exhausted and she was facing up. That ended up being a pretty unpleasant forceps delivery.

My second childbirth wasn't too bad. I had a saddle block with her and that was my favorite drugs. Still had a forceps delivery and the doctor was surprised her shoulders weren't broken.

My third birth was induced, but he was three weeks early and only 7lbs 5oz, so it wasn't too bad. The doctor expected it to take longer than it did so the nurses dragged him back just in time to catch. They screwed up my drugs for that and both my son and I were groggy for hours and hours after his birth. That was terrible.

My fourth birth felt like a cake walk. I was in labor all night, but it wasn't too bad and I was only at the hospital a couple of hours before he was born.

For me, the sciatica I had with my first two pregnancies was worse than labor. It was the worst pain I've ever had and I hope I never have pain like that again.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers