User Tag List

View Poll Results: Who do you think is the Greatest Star Wars Character?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Revan

2 6.45%
  • Luke Skywalker

1 3.23%
  • Anakin Skywalker

5 16.13%
  • Darth Vader

7 22.58%
  • Obiwan Kenobi

2 6.45%
  • Quigon Jinn

2 6.45%
  • Mace Windu

1 3.23%
  • Yoda

7 22.58%
  • Princess Leia

1 3.23%
  • Han Solo

9 29.03%
  • Jango Fett

1 3.23%
  • Boba Fett

4 12.90%
  • Darth Maul

4 12.90%
  • Padme Amidala

1 3.23%
  • Emperor Palpatine

3 9.68%
  • Lando Calrisian

0 0%
  • Jar Jar Binks

5 16.13%
  • Chebacca

2 6.45%
  • C3PO

2 6.45%
  • R2D2

5 16.13%
Multiple Choice Poll.
123 Last

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Default Greatest Star Wars Character

My vote goes to Revan from the KotOR video game.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

If they didn't kill him off after just one movie, Darth Maul could've outdone Darth Vader.

I voted for them both and Han Solo.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Poimandres View Post
    My vote goes to Revan from the KotOR video game.
    Yes, Revan, and then Kreia (?) from SWKOTOR 2 were both pretty good.

Han is pretty iconic.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Rogue heart

From the movies Han Solo, Leia and Anakin, from the games I thought Darth Traya was a cool character, honorable mention to Darth Nihilus for giving me the creeps
    lol for putting Jar Jar Binks as a choice

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Daenera View Post
    From the movies Han Solo, Leia and Anakin, from the games I thought Darth Traya was a cool character, honorable mention to Darth Nihilus for giving me the creeps
    I started bouncing around the web when I read this thread and discovered that in the last year there was a fan-released mod to SWKOTOR2 that fixes a lot of the bugs + restores content that was cut simply because of the tight deadline. (It's typically safer just to "wall off / cut the links to stuff" in code rather than removing it, if you don't have adequate testing time in the life cycle.)

Looks like I'll be trying to reinstall the game and load up the mod... I thought the game and characters were great, but it just ended kind of unsatisfyingly, and maybe now that's been resolved to some degree.

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Revan and Kreia for me. If there is a completed KOTOR2 mod then I may have to purchase it. Not only was the story brilliant but the idealist part of me loved how you gradually rebuilt the Jedi Order through the other player characters.

Rogue heart

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I started bouncing around the web when I read this thread and discovered that in the last year there was a fan-released mod to SWKOTOR2 that fixes a lot of the bugs + restores content that was cut simply because of the tight deadline. (It's typically safer just to "wall off / cut the links to stuff" in code rather than removing it, if you don't have adequate testing time in the life cycle.)

Looks like I'll be trying to reinstall the game and load up the mod... I thought the game and characters were great, but it just ended kind of unsatisfyingly, and maybe now that's been resolved to some degree.
    I've played KOTOR 2 twice, to experience both sides and I have to agree with you about the characters, hey I just remembered HK-47, he should be on this list too!
    I must say I'm tempted to install it again but I should probably install KOTOR, I'm ashamed to admit but I started playing it, got busy with other things and later ended up playing KOTOR2 without finishing the first

MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by The Ü™ View Post
    If they didn't kill him off after just one movie, Darth Maul could've outdone Darth Vader.
    That was stupid. I like Christopher Lee, but they didn't give him anything to do. At first, I thought they were using him as a morally ambiguous villain, and then ROTS, and it appeared that he was only there because Anakin needed to kill a Sith Lord.

While we're at it, why is Anakin doing that supposed to be a sign that he's turning to the Dark Side, when Obi-Wan does the same thing in TPM?

I put Jar-Jar Binks in as a joke. I'm serious about R2 and the Emperor. Both of those characters came out of the prequels relatively unscathed, (for the most part). The Emperor actually came out of it better, and is really the only character to do so.

Qui-Gon Jinn is a useless character, and honestly the prequels would be better if it had just been Obi-Wan doing all the stuff that he does. (That's the way it was originally written, but Lucas changed it for some reason. Maybe he wanted to get a big name actor for the part.)

I dislike, also, how we're supposed to think Qui-Gon was right, the Jedi needed to be more compassionate, when:

1. Qui-gon's compassion got the Jedi Order exterminated, and less obviously, added to the creation of the Empire through Jar-Jar Binks.
    2. He's not even that compassionate. He says "I didn't come here to free slaves." So you're going to rescue and look after a useless dim-wit, but you think it's not your place to free Anakin's mother? Seriously, what the hell kind of INFJ do-gooder says "I didn't come here to free slaves?" Danerys Targaryen doesn't play that shit. The whole slavery thing in TPM is pointless, anyway.

I get the sense that Qui-Gon as the perfect Jedi was what Lucas intended, but it's not written very well. Yes, Qui-Gon backed Anakin, who eventually overthrew the Emperor. However, the Emperor would not have even been able to grab so much power if it weren't for Qui-Gon's actions. Obi-Wan's caution (which is entirely out of character from how he's described as a young man in the OT, btw) is actually the wiser course of action.

I mean, Qui-gon is well-acted, definitely, but he's terribly written.

Honestly, I'm really optimistic about the Disney Star Wars movies. They may not be as good as the OT, but they're likely to be an improvement over the prequels. Disney seems interested in trying to do that, anyway.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

Rogue heart

Qui-Gon Jinn is a useless character, and honestly the prequels would be better if it had just been Obi-Wan doing all the stuff that he does.
    He's not useless, he has a purpose:to screw things up lol
    Honestly, I'm really optimistic about the Disney Star Wars movies. They may not be as good as the OT, but they're likely to be an improvement over the prequels. Disney seems interested in trying to do that, anyway.
    Yeah, there are so many issues with the prequels especially The Phantom Menace, so I agree that it would be hard for Disney to do any worse, I guess you can say I'm optimistic too.
    You should check this out if you got some time to waste, best review of the prequels I've encountered

http://redlettermedia.com/plinkett/s...hantom-menace/

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    I put Jar-Jar Binks in as a joke. I'm serious about R2 and the Emperor. Both of those characters came out of the prequels relatively unscathed, (for the most part). The Emperor actually came out of it better, and is really the only character to do so.
    That's why one of my votes went to the Emperor. Lucas' scripts were always pretty thin/naive, but at least the Emperor remained consistent and effective in intention.

Qui-Gon Jinn is a useless character, and honestly the prequels would be better if it had just been Obi-Wan doing all the stuff that he does. (That's the way it was originally written, but Lucas changed it for some reason. Maybe he wanted to get a big name actor for the part.)

I dislike, also, how we're supposed to think Qui-Gon was right, the Jedi needed to be more compassionate, when:

1. Qui-gon's compassion got the Jedi Order exterminated, and less obviously, added to the creation of the Empire through Jar-Jar Binks.
    2. He's not even that compassionate. He says "I didn't come here to free slaves." So you're going to rescue and look after a useless dim-wit, but you think it's not your place to free Anakin's mother? Seriously, what the hell kind of INFJ do-gooder says "I didn't come here to free slaves?" Danerys Targaryen doesn't play that shit. The whole slavery thing in TPM is pointless, anyway.

I get the sense that Qui-Gon as the perfect Jedi was what Lucas intended, but it's not written very well. Yes, Qui-Gon backed Anakin, who eventually overthrew the Emperor. However, the Emperor would not have even been able to grab so much power if it weren't for Qui-Gon's actions. Obi-Wan's caution (which is entirely out of character from how he's described as a young man in the OT, btw) is actually the wiser course of action.
    Well, if Anakin had been fathered properly, things would have turned out better; unfortunately, his bio father died/left (don't remember which), Qui-Gon died, and Anakin's a nice grandfather figure but was more of a peer than a father. Give a kid with potential and anger issues training to use power without any kind of character shaping, and THEN stick him in a situation where the Jedi are out-of-touch douchebags, and it's no wonder over what happened.

I actually found the SWKOTOR games much more balanced and fair about the Force. Really, the Jedi and the Sith are two sides of the same coin, one of order/structure vs one of chaos/autonomy, and that's how they were portrayed, with good and bad qualities to both rather than one being "good" and one being "bad." The Jedi code as written does little for human community; it seems to be order and self-balanced at the expense of a larger good. Actually, both codes are very self-interested in nature, focusing more on how one either balances the internal (and thus expunges power that could be used for good) or unbalances it in order to be potent and achieve one's goals.

Author Stephen R. Donaldson (in his stories) suggests that power is a two-edged sword; only the powerless and innocent are guilt-free, because they can't accomplish anything. Real life is messy between the two poles.

I mean, Qui-gon is well-acted, definitely, but he's terribly written.
    Neeson did the best with what he was given, honestly. I can't imagine him giving a better performance under those constraints, and he definitely projected an aura of maturity and wisdom and hopeful fathering of this boy. But the script was crap.

I can't see how it could be worse.

Sorry... tangent. In any case, it's no wonder that the only character exclusively in the Prequels who I voted for was Darth Maul.