User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: how do you differ from your type?

Default how do you differ from your type?

whether it's MBTI, enneagram, socionics, etc'...
    in what ways do you differ - and do not fit - into your own various typological description and stereotypes?

6w5 sx/sp
    ILI Ni

I tend to procrastinate more than the average INTJ. I also have softer edges and am not as skeptical, precise or tough/critically minded. I'm probably more agreeable than other INTJs, more accepting of others, more trusting, more emotionally and verbally expressive and I compliment people more.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

Temporal Mechanic. Array Lexicon's Avatar
    5w6 sp/sx

I tend to embrace the STP not-giving-a-fuckery shadow a lot more than some. I don't take myself or others as seriously as some appear to.
    I'm more like an IxTP hybrid, but still INFJ at the core. Just adapted to my environment. Lean on Ti more (huff the NiTi gas). I'm more tolerant than some of my INFJ brethren- likely because I can't be bothered to take certain things seriously. I factor where these things stand in the big picture beyond my own personal feelings, and I realize how little they really matter, and what a waste of time/energy it is to get worked up about it. Leaning more heavily on Ti (coping mechanism developed over time), I have little issue in questioning myself, and I suppose that's another reason I don't find certain situations distressing. I'm comfortable with the unknown. I guess in short, I feel I've got a thicker skin than some.

Also, Fe-user or not, I'm conditioned to be rather touch-averse. I don't enjoy it generally. This added aloofness detracts from some of that expected Fe-warmth. It's there, in its own way.
    Last edited by Lexicon; 05-13-2013 at 03:00 AM.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

Infinite Bubble

I'm not an insane future serial killer or evil overlord. I am nice to people on default. Te doesn't stop procrastination either.

I've never willingly chosen to play sports or enter martial arts. I have a lot of emotions. That's about all I've got.

I am not super animated, touchy feely, idealistic. I am usually pretty good about not pushing social norms/values onto others.

If I am e3, I am really relaxed and don't focus too much on the image I am projecting. If I am e9, I am fairly anxious, blunt, not happy go lucky. If I am e6, I don't really prepare ahead of time or very prepared for things, I am not sold on a particular authority, I am not that phobic or counterphobic... I am a mix.

Honor Thy Inferior Array Such Irony's Avatar
    5w6 sp/so
    LII Ne

I've had people type me as INFP because I'm more sensitive and emotional than would be expected.

I've had people type me as ISFJ because I've got a well developed Si function and because I care about what others think (Fe)

I've had people type me as INTJ because I have some qualities that are J like- I care about being efficient and getting things done. I'm pretty neat and organized.
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Neutral Good

4w5 sx/so

Good thread idea.

Can't believe it hasn't been done.

The one addendum i would make is that these are not ways in which I'm not like my type, but ways in which I'm not like the stereotypes about my type.

[will fill in later... its
    The Justice Fighter

XXXX - XwX Xdw XwX sx/so - Neutral Good

"I trust what you are doing though…I just see it a little differently.
    I don’t see it as you stepping away from the fire. I see it as the fire directing your course.
    No matter how airy or earthy or watery you become... to many of us you will always be...a super nova."

"Behind these gates of seeming warmth sits, loosely chained, a fierce attack dog. Perhaps not crazy, but dangerous"

The Aggressive 6

4dw sx/so
    IEx None

I think I'm heavier on the Fi than most ENFPs. Less lighthearted, more intense and perhaps too ethics oriented. Meanwhile, I make the conscious decision to leash my Ne, at least in public, in order not to feel like I'm just bouncing all over the place, though I am capable of it. Im also less familiar with my Te than most ENFPs who actually get busy to achieve something. Mine's kind of caged in a box in the basement

I'm more hesitant when it comes to competition and raw bluntness, always thinking about the consequences and conflict. I especially filter raw knee-jerk reactions (or try to), in order not to just act from my perspective, but give myself the chance to see all angles. I second guess myself that way a lot, I guess...It is my way to keep me from going back and forth on my opinion to process the information and be consistent in my stance on a subject. And I'm probably less creative and 'fun' than the average enfp due to all of this, as they tend not to be bogged down by this stuff and just follow their gut.

Interesting topic, though I think it has been done before.

I'm athletic (hockey, in particular may seem like a sport that INFPs wouldn't be interested in). And I lift weights regularly.

I'm not really looking for a "soul mate" anymore, as stereotypes seem to suggest. I suppose I could come across as an ENFP in that I flirt with a lot of women and am not really looking for an exclusive relationship right now. And I like to be around people, even if I'm just reading/writing alone at Starbucks; but I'm definitely more introverted than extroverted.