User Tag List

123 Last

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

Default So people dress up like Wonder Woman now?

This may concern those of you weirdos who dress up like superheroes:

Mr. Tony Harris, ladies and germs (mind the grammar):

I cant remember if Ive said this before, but Im gonna say it anyway. I dont give a crap.I appreciate a pretty Gal as much as the next Hetero Male. Sometimes I even go in for some racy type stuff ( keeping the comments PG for my Ladies sake) but dammit, dammit, dammit I am so sick and tired of the whole COSPLAY-Chiks. I know a few who are actually pretty cool-and BIG Shocker, love and read Comics.So as in all things, they are the exception to the rule. Heres the statement I wanna make, based on THE RULE: “Hey! Quasi-Pretty-NOT-Hot-Girl, you are more pathetic than the REAL Nerds, who YOU secretly think are REALLY PATHETIC. But we are onto you. Some of us are aware that you are ever so average on an everyday basis. But you have a couple of things going your way. You are willing to become almost completely Naked in public, and yer either skinny( Well, some or most of you, THINK you are ) or you have Big Boobies. Notice I didnt say GREAT Boobies? You are what I refer to as “CON-HOT”. Well not by my estimation, but according to a LOT of average Comic Book Fans who either RARELY speak to, or NEVER speak to girls. Some Virgins, ALL unconfident when it comes to girls, and the ONE thing they all have in common? The are being preyed on by YOU. You have this really awful need for attention, for people to tell you your pretty, or Hot, and the thought of guys pleasuring themselves to the memory of you hanging on them with your glossy open lips, promising them the Moon and the Stars of pleasure, just makes your head vibrate. After many years of watching this shit go down every 3 seconds around or in front of my booth or table at ANY given Con in the country, I put this together. Well not just me. We are LEGION. And here it is, THE REASON WHY ALL THAT, sickens us: BECAUSE YOU DONT KNOW SHIT ABOUT COMICS, BEYOND WHATEVER GOOGLE IMAGE SEARCH YOU DID TO GET REF ON THE MOST MAINSTREAM CHARACTER WITH THE MOST REVEALING COSTUME EVER. And also, if ANY of these guys that you hang on tried to talk to you out of that Con? You wouldnt give them the fucking time of day. Shut up you damned liar, no you would not. Lying, Liar Face. Yer not Comics. Your just the thing that all the Comic Book, AND mainstream press flock to at Cons. And the real reason for the Con, and the damned costumes yer parading around in? That would be Comic Book Artists, and Comic Book Writers who make all that shit up.
    You just got TOLD.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/11/...s-tony-harris/

Thoughts?

WALMART

Sounds like the hateful kind of instinctual loathing you'd be into.

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

You may not be able to see it from where you're standing, but right now I'm giving you the finger.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I dressed up like Wonder Woman when I was 3. I had underoos.

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

I had a Superman cape! My Great Aunt made it for me.
    True story.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

cafe, love it. So much contempt for territorial nerds.

I also had Wonder Woman Underoos. Loved 'em. Back then, though, they also made R2D2 Underoos for girls (which I also had, and which were my favorites).

Dressup has not been my thing since about 1983 but my daughter, now 13, likes to dress as Link from Zelda and various incarnations of Dr. Who on occasion.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

From the comments section of the one you posted, cafe:

This (his article, not yours) must be why Felicia Day tweeted yesterday that she doesn’t appreciate being held up as a “genuine” female geek by people who want to exclude others.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    bad

I don't cosplay.

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

OMFG, to go to Comic-Con, I'd step over my mother, and she, knowing me my entire life, would not be surprised. I'll never not want that to be a honeymoon spot. Yay-yah!

As for what he said, I can see why that would bother him. It's his passion, and his perception is that it's being used to manipulate and exploit others (in some cases almost defenseless others) with the same passion. I can believe he's seen it that many times, and after a while of seeing it, and seeing it that way, it's understandable that annoyance could build up. Either that, or he was rejected, but I highly doubt that one.

(Star Wars Roos here. )
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery