User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

Misogyny! Misogyny! Misogyny! Blah, blah, blah.
    This isn't welcome in my thread, so grab your soapbox and take it elsewhere.

Now:

These crowds attract the lowest common denominator.
    Lowest common denominator=mouth-breathing fucktards and attention whores.

And mouth-breathing fucktards and attention whores are costing Mr. Harris MONEY by polarizing the community with their farcical ways. Attendance rates are dropping among hardcore and loyal fans because of this crap.

God forbid--many nerds actually became nerds to remove themselves from lesser, irrational beings.
    If they wanted to observe apes in their natural habitat, they'd go to the zoo.

So they too, can take it elsewhere.

MBTI
    yupp

wait what, i never got comic con, i have my fantasies with the doctor and ect (non sexual). but would i dress up as a character and parade around? doesn't make sense, good to know i'm normal.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

It's not "your" thread, DoD.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Duck_of_Death View Post
    Misogyny! Misogyny! Misogyny! Blah, blah, blah.
    This isn't welcome in my thread, so grab your soapbox and take it elsewhere.

Now:

These crowds attract the lowest common denominator.
    Lowest common denominator=mouth-breathing fucktards and attention whores.

And mouth-breathing fucktards and attention whores are costing Mr. Harris MONEY by polarizing the community with their farcical ways. Attendance rates are dropping among hardcore and loyal fans because of this crap.

God forbid--many nerds actually became nerds to remove themselves from lesser, irrational beings.
    If they wanted to observe apes in their natural habitat, they'd go to the zoo.

So they too, can take it elsewhere.
    We weren't talking about misogyny, though trying to ignore that that has a play in it is just asking for irritating posts from members, we're talking about hardcore nerds being pretentious dicks.

They don't own their obsession. And that is what it is. Obsessing. It is out there, available for purchase, viewing, and use by ANYONE, for a reason. Because anyone can view it and like it. Now that people aren't giving a shit about more shallow things, it allows people to be open about it. People probably always liked this stuff--but with it being socially acceptable to like it, more people are actually telling others about it and getting together.

If the shit is being watered down, that is the CREATORS' fault. They are the ones getting money hungry and needy instead of asking for donations and/or setting strict parameters. Ruining Spiderman had nothing to do with how many people like Spiderman (in fact, I'd argue the amount of fans had a HUGE say in their 'attempt' to fix it) and everything to do with the creators being stupid.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

Oh, man...now yer bringing Spider-Man into this?
    How long before Captain America shows up in the convo?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Some women need a lot of male attention to feel validated.

Some will go to night clubs wearing mini skirts 'just to dance', some will create a profile on okcupid and mark 'interested in casual sex' and then complain that only creepers message them, and some will pretend they are 'nerds' to lure these and reject the advances.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    Some women need a lot of male attention to feel validated.

Some will go to night clubs wearing mini skirts 'just to dance', some will create a profile on okcupid and mark 'interested in casual sex' and then complain that only creepers message them, and some will pretend they are 'nerds' to lure these and reject the advances.
    what is the thing that's not a nerd not a geek and not a normal person? are they attention whores, because i'll hang out with anyone, but i won't pretend to be anyone. I also don't go after guys unless i'm genuinely interested.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Epiphany

I've never been to comic con, but I don't think it should be assumed that the women who dress up are doing it for attention or validation any more than the men who do it. Geeks will be geeks.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Doesn't it, like, cost good money to get into these cons? Why would someone pay the entrance fee and pay the presumably fairly hefty cost to make or purchase a costume, unless they actually like comics at least somewhat? Like Rasofy says, they could go to a bar in a miniskirt if all they want is male attention.

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Doesn't it, like, cost good money to get into these cons? Why would someone pay the entrance fee and pay the presumably fairly hefty cost to make or purchase a costume, unless they actually like comics at least somewhat? Like Rasofy says, they could go to a bar in a miniskirt if all they want is male attention.
    1) Social hierarchies. "Con-girls" aren't as hot as your standard sorority girl/barfly.
    2) Nerds are generally inept, naive, desperate for female attention and easy to take advantage of.
    3) Men in bars are wise to the act. They know what is going on.

With some people, the extent of their identity wholly centers on external validation.
    Many will dip to extremely low levels to meet their "needs."

Additionally, Harris didn't say that ALL con-girls are this way.
    But the ones that are need to be called out on it.