First 234

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by Mane View Post
    you? a man? who are you trying to kid?

Only the one's who'll buy it.

Society

Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    Only the one's who'll buy it.
    are you putting your masculinity up for sale? because i'm in the business (points to avy)...

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by Mane View Post
    are you putting your masculinity up for sale? because i'm in the business (points to avy)...

How much would that fetch, in this market?

MBTI
    INFP

No. Women are just as strong as men, and it's so obvious that it doesn't bother me one bit! I feel like women's positive traits are so overwhelmingly apparent that terms like "girly" are used only because of convenience. It just happens to have the word "girl" in it. Language is interesting in that way. So many idioms are so far removed from their origin that people don't even know (or care to know) how they came about. I love that kind of stuff.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Perhaps this is why most of my favorite female characters in TV or movies are rather kiss-ass like Olivia Dunham from "Fringe", River from "Firefly", Scully from "X-files", etc.

When I see expressions where men are insulting each other with calling each other by some feminine reference, I do stop and try to image the reverse. There are many signals that reinforce gender inequality. While there are many situations of equality now, there are plenty of signals that contradict this that are just taken unconsciously. This includes everything from thoughtless comments to the study of history and "greatness". That women cannot point to Annamarie Mozart in the same way men can see Wolfgang, is a perfect example. I think the unconscious inequality is the biggest problem.

Edit *KICK-ASS* rofl
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Weird -- I suppose I should be offended, but it's like my brain doesn't connect the "... like a girl" insults against guys as reflecting on women at all although one can easily make a case for such. It's almost like it goes through my brain as a slur against the male ego, which seems to fear any sort of castration, rather than applying to women in terms of its aim.
    I make a distinction between girls and women, that being that girls are children, and women are adults. So, when I hear "like a girl", I think "like a child/little kid", in a way that is immature and not adult. This would be derogatory for an adult of either gender, unless one is complimenting something positively childlike, like curiosity, or spontaneous joy.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...