User Tag List

MBTI
    xxTP

Exclamation Afghan Plane Crash

This is some scary shit. Not current affair but I just saw the video, it is from February.

Apparently the reason is that the planes have to take off at a very high angle to avoid being shot at. But in any case a tragedy for the 7 crew members on board who lost their lives.

MBTI
    ISTP

My guess is that this plane, being civilian cargo (ie, fedex, ups, etc) was less experienced at this maneuver and overcommited without the necessary airspeed velocity. Here is a normal combat take off (they don't pull up until :30)

MBTI
    xxTP

Quote Originally Posted by LevelZeroHero View Post
    My guess is that this plane, being civilian cargo (ie, fedex, ups, etc) was less experienced at this maneuver and overcommited without the necessary airspeed velocity. Here is a normal combat take off (they don't pull up until :30)

Impressive.

I can imagine some Afghan civilian pilot in a 747 is not exactly going to b able to do that, makes you wonder about the negligence of these companies.

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by LevelZeroHero View Post

Yeah, I saw this earlier today. I think it's been hypothesized that a few cars in the cargo hold might have shifted during takeoff and caused the tipping. If they were higher, perhaps there would've been more time to correct it, and not stall in the process (I'm assuming they stalled).

Pretty intense. Hopefully, if the cause has to do with what I said above, someone'll come up with a better means to keep especially heavy cargo in place, and supplement it with some kind of electronic monitoring/sensors to alert the pilot that it's shifted.

Quote Originally Posted by Il Morto Che Parla View Post
    Impressive.

I can imagine some Afghan civilian pilot in a 747 is not exactly going to b able to do that, makes you wonder about the negligence of these companies.
    If this sort of thing interests you, check out the (BBC?) 'Seconds From Disaster' or 'Air Crash Investigation' documentaries on youtube. About 45min each. Pretty informative stuff. Tragic, of course, but still fascinating if you like to dissect things of this nature.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

MBTI
    xxTP

Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    Yeah, I saw this earlier today. I think it's been hypothesized that a few cars in the cargo hold might have shifted during takeoff and caused the tipping. If they were higher, perhaps there would've been more time to correct it, and not stall in the process (I'm assuming they stalled).

Pretty intense. Hopefully, if the cause has to do with what I said above, someone'll come up with a better means to keep especially heavy cargo in place, and supplement it with some kind of electronic monitoring/sensors to alert the pilot that it's shifted.

If this sort of thing interests you, check out the (BBC?) 'Seconds From Disaster' or 'Air Crash Investigation' documentaries on youtube. About 45min each. Pretty informative stuff. Tragic, of course, but still fascinating if you like to dissect things of this nature.
    Thanks man I will look them up, didn't know they were on youtube!!

I used to watch Air Crash Investigation all the time, but then we lost Discovery Channel.

WALMART

Shitty they have to worry about such maneuvering to begin with.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    Shitty they have to worry about such maneuvering to begin with.
    Yes.
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
    'Men are meant to be with women. The rest is perversion and mental illness.'

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Tragedy.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    bad

Not really scary after I watched 2 times,it looks like video games.

MBTI
    xxTP

Quote Originally Posted by unnamed View Post
    Not really scary after I watched 2 times,it looks like video games.
    Yeah though to be fair, maybe that's partly because you know the cause as I wrote it in the OP.

When I saw it I didn't know why it happened and wasn't expecting it, pretty fucked up.