User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Default What color was the bear?

"A hunter went hunting for bear. He walked five miles east of camp, but couldn't find any game. So he walked five miles north, where he saw a bear and shot it. Then he walked five miles directly back to camp. What color was the bear?"

i just found this and i can think of several answers for it that make sense but i m not sure, does anyone know the correct answer(if there is one) ?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

red?

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

In my mind, brown.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

I guess it's a lucky hunter because soon, the shifting sea ice at the North Pole will have melt.

Hence I guess the bear was transparent-yellowish (natural real colour of the polar bear fur).
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

The color of an ice bear.

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post
    I guess it's a lucky hunter because soon, the shifting sea ice at the North Pole will have melt.

Hence I guess the bear was transparent-yellowish (natural real colour of the polar bear fur).
    I'm thinking it's this, because he can't possibly walk 5 miles back to camp - it will work out to more than that if everything is static (closer to 7 miles, I imagine). So either the camp is shifting or what he's walking on is. Sea ice would explain it, I suppose.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    I'm thinking it's this, because he can't possibly walk 5 miles back to camp - it will work out to more than that if everything is static (closer to 7 miles, I imagine). So either the camp is shifting or what he's walking on is. Sea ice would explain it, I suppose.
    You can't go north on the North Pole. He walks five miles east, spends five miles worth of time walking in the same place, sees a bear approaching, shoots, and walks back five miles west.

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    You can't go north on the North Pole. He walks five miles east, spends five miles worth of time walking in the same place, sees a bear approaching, shoots, and walks back five miles west.
    Just to clarify, what do you mean he walks 5 miles on the same spot? Do you mean his camp is at the North Pole, or that when he walks East from camp, he then arrives at the North Pole? If the latter, can one even walk East towards the North Pole?

But yes, something like this is the other potential answer. For both answers the bear is "white" (or transparent-yellowish if we're being pedantic ).
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    Just to clarify, what do you mean he walks 5 miles on the same spot? Do you mean his camp is at the North Pole, or that when he walks East from camp, he then arrives at the North Pole?

But yes, something like this is the other potential answer. For both answers the bear is "white" (or transparent-yellowish if we're being pedantic ).
    It just occurred to me how in its apparent 3-dimensional approach my idea is actually 2-dimensional. The idea was this:

Five miles east, remain in the same spot while moving your legs as if you were walking. Five miles back.

It is about the curvature, then, or, if you like, about floating ice.

I believe it's about the curvature. If you flatten the map, he's walking five miles to right, then up and to the left, then down and to the left, completing a triangle. That's why he's at the North Pole and it's a white bear.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari